Thread: New Hampshire Democrats Disguised As Republicans Stealing Elections?

Supporting Member
    Florida

Blog Entries

Exclamation New Hampshire Democrats Disguised As Republicans Stealing Elections?

Here's the latest from Lofti over on BenSwann.com:

CONCORD, August 14, 2014– It’s no secret to elected officials, including New Hampshire State Rep. John Hikel (R- Hillsborough), that Democrats like Barbara Griffin are running as Republicans to steal elections.

“What Barbara and other Democrats told me when I first moved to town is that they register as Republicans to win. If you talk to the state GOP, they say that if you have an ‘R’ next to your name it’s okay with them. That status quo is what is dividing the party in the state and probably nationwide,” said Hikel.

Hikel isn’t the only one who recognizes this is a problem. Other elected officials have spoken out. “No one in the Republican Party leadership seems willing or able to do anything about it,” they say.

Griffin is running for New Hampshire State House from Goffstown as a Republican. However, she is a bona fide Democrat. In 1998, Griffin ran as a Democrat for the New Hampshire State House.

Griffin has also drawn criticism from New Hampshire State Rep. John Burt (R) because she embraced and advocated for regional planning and decision making by unelected bureaucrats by fighting hard for workforce housing in Pinardville, New Hampshire while she was an official. “I mean, they fought real hard to have bigger government,” said Rep. Burt in a web post.

Griffin has been a registered Democrat and voting in elections as a Democrat up until this year.

What does this mean for voters in New Hampshire, where people like Barbara Griffin are able to live there lives as Democrats, and then declare themselves Republican when they want to run for office?

According to Hikel, this could have dire consequences for the state of New Hampshire and could even result in a change of the Republican platform moving it more to the left, not reflecting what Republicans in New Hampshire actually believe or want.

“We need to let people know what is happening and let them know its important not just to vote for someone just because they have an “R” next to
    their name,” says Hikel.

New Hampshire has no requirements or qualifications for running as a Republican like other states have in place, which Hikel sees as one of the possible problems.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Turnabout is fair play, is it not? There is one Ron Paul supporter who won one of the available slots in the democrat primary in NH recently, without even really having to campaign. She has already clinched the general election for the state legislature, since there were no Republicans running against her / them in that district. It'll be interesting to see if she plays the good democrat to the hilt and makes liberal or left leaning arguments for her positions, or if she plays the "ha ha, I fooled you and you still like me" card. In either case, she'll make a fine addition to the state legislature, and hopefully will have a long political career ahead of her as one of the few good democrats out there. I can say this with certainty, since I know her personally from working on Ron Paul's 2012 campaign in NH. Very nice girl.
    I have an autographed copy of Revolution: A Manifesto for sale. Mint condition, inquire within. (I don't sign in often, so please allow plenty of time for a response)

With 1545 people running for office this year in NH, the party leaders cannot do anything about state rep. races. They stay out of them completely, from what I can tell, until after the elections. Then, if someone is nutty enough, they push for people to resign. It's how liberty Democrats get elected every year in NH. It is how occupiers, free staters, Alex jones fanatics, people not even living in NH and so on get elected. The trick is for more liberty people to run and then do a little campaigning. It's been working so far. Voters seem to like it as they reelect folks
    Lifetime member of more than 1 national gun organization and the New Hampshire Liberty Alliance. Part of Young Americans for Liberty and Campaign for Liberty. Free State Project participant and multi-year Free Talk Live AMPlifier.

With what I've seen of her personality, interactions with other people, and involvement in her community, I don't think she'll have any problems at all with being re-elected.
    I have an autographed copy of Revolution: A Manifesto for sale. Mint condition, inquire within. (I don't sign in often, so please allow plenty of time for a response)

Poor folks in Bedford were warned, now they have a 48% Republican on their hands.

http://patch.com/new-hampshire/bedfo...ord-rep-report

Quote Originally Posted by NH4RonPaul View Post
    Poor folks in Bedford were warned, now they have a 48% Republican on their hands.

http://patch.com/new-hampshire/bedfo...ord-rep-report
    Great research. Thank you.
    Lifetime member of more than 1 national gun organization and the New Hampshire Liberty Alliance. Part of Young Americans for Liberty and Campaign for Liberty. Free State Project participant and multi-year Free Talk Live AMPlifier.