Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: San Jose Police Shoot and Kill Woman Holding a Cordless Drill

San Jose Police Shoot and Kill Woman Holding a Cordless Drill

A cordless drill looks like an "Uzi" , just like Long Beach police think that a waterhose nozzle looks like a "six shooter."

In this case, IF the information is correct, at least the victim may have had mental issues and may have been trying to pass the drill off as being a firearm, and you certainly can't expect the police to make any sort of determination otherwise (though it sounds like they had plenty of time to get a good look at it).

She did this to herself.

http://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/201...n-jose-police/

Woman Carrying Cordless Drill, Believed To Be A Gun, Shot And Killed By San Jose Police
    August 14, 2014 6:50 PM

SAN JOSE (KCBS) — A 19-year-old woman was shot and killed by San Jose police Thursday morning after officers responded to a report that she threatened to shoot her family with an Uzi-like weapon, though it was determined she was holding a cordless drill.

Police responded to a report at around 10:36 a.m. that a woman was threatening to shoot her family in the 700 block of Blossom Hill Road near Santa Teresa Boulevard, south of Highway 85.

We had a call, someone with an Uzi threatening to kill family members,” said San Jose police spokesman Officer Albert Morales. “A very, very serious situation, a very dangerous situation for our officers. We had communication with this person. Unfortunately, at some point those communications either broke down, or the officers felt threatened in some form or fashion and one of the officers discharged their firearm.” The woman was struck at least one time by gunfire. She was transported to a local hospital where she was pronounced deceased at approximately 12:39 p.m.

snip
    Last edited by SeanTX; 08-15-2014 at 04:12 PM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Why do cops need to be hyper-aware of people pointing guns at them anymore than the rest of us?

Serious question.

Many people work and live in odd situations with uncooperative people.

Well, you know those cordless drills can also be used as a cordless screwdriver. Somebody could really screw things up with one of those.

Quote Originally Posted by RJB View Post
    Why do cops need to be hyper-aware of people pointing guns at them anymore than the rest of us?
    For the same reason that they need to shoot every dog that barks at them. Or wags its tail, etc.

so this was a third party call?!?!?!?!

w0w

stay inside, till it all blows over...
    FLIP THOSE FLAGS, THE NATION IS IN DISTRESS!

why I should worship the state (who apparently is the only party that can possess guns without question).
    The state's only purpose is to kill and control. Why do you worship it? - Sola_Fide

Baptiste said.
    At which point will Americans realize that creating an unaccountable institution that is able to pass its liability on to tax-payers is immoral and attracts sociopaths?

Quote Originally Posted by RJB View Post
    Maybe it's because they keep doing things they believe will make them a target.

GO AHEAD AND SPIN THIS ONE YOU MURDERING MUTHERFUCKERS!!!!

"it is reported 12 years ago, she failed to take out the trash..."

and you know the rest...

why I should worship the state (who apparently is the only party that can possess guns without question).
    The state's only purpose is to kill and control. Why do you worship it? - Sola_Fide

Baptiste said.
    At which point will Americans realize that creating an unaccountable institution that is able to pass its liability on to tax-payers is immoral and attracts sociopaths?

I'm just gonna put this out there. From the grainy footage and distance it looks like a cordless drill to me. I've yet to see a "Uzi" with a bulbous end where a magazine should be. Is Wakana a female name? I could understand where a female cop wouldn't understand something like that.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Supporting Member
    Phoenix, AZ

Blog Entries
    Come on now, there is no way a cop would just shoot somebody that didn't cause it. She must have had an assualt drill. Cops are the rational, killing a woman with a drill just isn't logical. YouTube or it didn't happen.

She did this to herself?
    Last edited by Cleaner44; 08-15-2014 at 05:15 PM.
    Citizen of Arizona
    @cleaner4d4

I am a libertarian. I am advocating everyone enjoy maximum freedom on both personal and economic issues as long as they do not bring violence unto others.

Quote Originally Posted by Carson View Post
    I'd like to know more about the call.
    Me too -- I wonder if it was somebody actually threatened by the "uzi", or if it was some "see something say something" busy body who saw her brandishing the power tool from far away.

The busybodies in Long Beach who called in about the guy holding a water nozzle thought it looked like a "six shooter." So they blasted him from behind as soon as they arrived.

"The woman was struck at least one time by gunfire" hahahaha...what kinda bull$#@! is this? is that how its reported now? how bout "at most"?

Quote Originally Posted by Cleaner44 View Post
    Come on now, there is no way a cop would just shoot somebody that didn't cause it. She must have had an assualt drill. Cops are the rational, killing a woman with a drill just isn't logical. YouTube or it didn't happen.

She did this to herself?
    She didn't have an "assault" drill. This is an "assault" drill...

...Oh goody, we need just need one more law and then everything will be safe and secure!

SOLUION: A new law that requires all "gun shaped" drill tools to have bright orange colored
    bit chucks (or nozzle tips in the case of calking guns).

BTW, it's probably already a crime for criminals to wrap orange tape around the tips of real firearms.

+++
    Oh, those rechargeable Hammer-Drills can be a particularly noisy threat! Why risk hearing loss?

Poke some bright orange earplugs into both ears so the officers will know their compliance commands
    can't be heard... so they can begin shooting immediately or sooner, at their discretion.

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    I'm just gonna put this out there. From the grainy footage and distance it looks like a cordless drill to me. I've yet to see a "Uzi" with a bulbous end where a magazine should be. Is Wakana a female name? I could understand where a female cop wouldn't understand something like that.
    I know, I watched it and had the same reaction. What kind of idiot couldn't tell that was a drill?
    "The Patriarch"

Exclamation

A very, very serious situation, a very dangerous situation for our officers.
    Why?

THERE WAS NO $#@!ING UZI!!!

The only danger came from you $#@!s hut hutting onto a scene without having a clue of what the $#@! was happening, barking orders and shouting curses and then killing someone.

$#@! you...dangerous my ass.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    I know, I watched it and had the same reaction. What kind of idiot couldn't tell that was a drill?
    Well, now, come on, guys. Let's be fair here. Cordless drills don't have cords and uzis don't have cords either ... so it's an easy mistake to make ...
    The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·

Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post
    Well, now, come on, guys. Let's be fair here. Cordless drills don't have cords and uzis don't have cords either ... so it's an easy mistake to make ...
    An electric uzi?

Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post
    Better not wave a acoustic guitar around....
    "The Patriarch"

Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

You know it. If you do, you're obviously just beggin' for it ...

Last edited by Occam's Banana; 08-15-2014 at 08:29 PM.

Baptiste said.

Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Why?

The only danger came from you $#@!s hut hutting onto a scene without having a clue of what the $#@! was happening, barking orders and shouting curses and then killing someone.

Uzis are class 3 weapons and are very rare, especially in a state like California. You would think the cop would know this.

BTW Are they giving away badges in boxes of cereal these days?
    Last edited by AuH20; 08-15-2014 at 08:48 PM.

Can't watch the video. That website shuts down my browser.
    Quote Originally Posted by BuddyRey View Post
    Do you think it's a coincidence that the most cherished standard of the Ron Paul campaign was a sign highlighting the word "love" inside the word "revolution"? A revolution not based on love is a revolution doomed to failure. So, at the risk of sounding corny, I just wanted to let you know that, wherever you stand on any of these hot-button issues, and even if we might have exchanged bitter words or harsh sentiments in the past, I love each and every one of you - no exceptions!

"When goods do not cross borders, soldiers will." Frederic Bastiat

Peace.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    This is why I always stick with corded drills.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Supporting Member
    Phoenix, AZ

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Why?

Imagine if it were this UZI, it has a frickin laser beam attached!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	LDX112C_led_light._V177723761_.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	37.7 KB 
ID:	2901
    Citizen of Arizona
    @cleaner4d4

I am a libertarian. I am advocating everyone enjoy maximum freedom on both personal and economic issues as long as they do not bring violence unto others.

Although there is little doubt that the shooting will be declared to be legally justified, the incident should give citizens pause before calling the police to deal with distressed family members. Government agents enjoy a broad threshold for using deadly force to stop perceived threats — even if they turn out not to be actual threats. As such, it is frequently apparent that a call for “help” can easily turn into a death sentence for a harmless person.
    http://www.policestateusa.com/2014/s...ordless-drill/

The Uzi

It has the extended magazine.
    Inspired by US Rep. Ron Paul of Texas, this site is dedicated to facilitating grassroots initiatives that aim to restore a sovereign limited constitutional Republic based on the rule of law, states' rights and individual rights. We seek to enshrine the original intent of our Founders to foster respect for private property, seek justice, provide opportunity, and to secure individual liberty for ourselves and our posterity.

A police state is a small price to pay for living in the freest country on earth.

This happened really close to where I live.

I'm surprised I haven't gotten judged by our trigger happy police force by now.
    "The end of democracy and the defeat of the American Revolution will occur when government falls into the hands of lending institutions and moneyed incorporations."
    - Thomas Jefferson

"If Tyranny and Oppression come to this land, it will be in the guise of fighting a foreign enemy."
    - James Madison

Quote Originally Posted by ravedown View Post
    "The woman was struck at least one time by gunfire" hahahaha...what kinda bull$#@! is this? is that how its reported now? how bout "at most"?

Sounds like she was struck by lightening. Guess mother nature killed her off....

So instead saying A cop killed her or a cop said, "We don't have time for this" and shot her (more likely)....They are saying..she was struck by gunfire at least once...

Wow. Can you change the wording anymore to make it sound like the police were not involved with killing her?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast