Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fox News Host Eric Bolling Declares: “I’m An Anarcho-capitalist”

Quote Originally Posted by Lucille View Post
    DH had Cashin' In on this morning and Bolling said, "We are not anachro-capitalists here. We are something something capitalists." Either someone schooled him, or he got a good talking-to by the Faux Newz IIC.
    LMAO. I figured someone would enlighten them regarding Bolling's lexical fail ("them" being Bolling and/or Fox).

The only thing I wondered about - once the actual meaning of the term was made known to them - was whether they would quietly pretend it had never happened or whether they would go to the trouble of explicitly disavowing it. Apparently, they opted for the latter - thereby bringing that much more attention to it.

Thanks for the free advertising, you clueless boobs!

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I don't think it is ignorance. I think it was scripted.

I think they're trying to water this term down. I think they're trying to provide it a false definition so people who hear it will think they know what it means and won't go do the research.

If so, this is an indication that their insistence on grouping libertarians in with a pile of other populist Republicans and labeling us all 'tea partiers' did not do as much as they hoped in the way of preventing people from investigating the philosophy...
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    You don't get a fellowship to Duke in public policy by being an ignoramus.

Actually I watch "The Five" on occasion, and have to admit he is the only one who has any sense on that show. A couple of weeks ago, he announced his admiration of Drudge Report and says he looks at the report several times during the day ... and Drudge pretty much tells him everything he needs to know as far as the news.

I see him struggle to show restraint as he listens to the other four, especially Perino and Beckle who live in a fantasy land. I wouldn't be so quick to throw him under the bus, or any other person who wishes to restrain the Federal Mafia.

Labels don't mean anything. Why do you guys care?

He probably is one at heart. That doesn't mean he has to preach it or not do the crap fox news pays him to do. It really doesn't matter.
    Last edited by Vanguard101; 08-20-2014 at 07:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    I don't think it is ignorance. I think it was scripted.

I think they're trying to water this term down. I think they're trying to provide it a false definition so people who hear it will think they know what it means and won't go do the research.

If so, this is an indication that their insistence on grouping libertarians in with a pile of other populist Republicans and labeling us all 'tea partiers' did not do as much as they hoped in the way of preventing people from investigating the philosophy...
    I'm betting it was a slip-up, but if not, you have hit the nail on the head.

FoxNews plays the heal in the pro-wrestling league that is American politics, and having this term used there will allow everyone with a pre-judgment against Fox to dismiss it without thought.

Also - whoever wrote the piece linked in the OP bastardized the definition of An-Cap in a way to specifically turn off "liberals." An-Caps have nothing against collectives or individuals choosing to join them. The philosophy is simply that should be able to freely act however they choose with their person or property as long as the action lets others do the same.

But defining it like that would probably be too inviting to people, so let's try to frame it as an off-shoot of AynRandism, which everyone already hates.

But hey, any press is good press, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Dare I say it? Bolling is one who has "come around" quite a bit. His opinions have changed over the years. Is he Murray Rothbard or Ron Paul? No. Is he Wayne Allen Root, Gary Johnson or Ayn Rand? Maybe.
    WAR is awful. Gary Johnson was meh. Ayn Rand is a poison to liberty even from the grave.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12