Thread: Rand needs to get to Ferguson MO ****ing NOW

Rand needs to get to Ferguson MO ****ing NOW

There is widespread bipartisan outrage about what happened to Brown, the riots haven't stopped and now the arrest of these two journalist have taken this to a whole new level. I follow several sports talk personalities on twitter. They never talk politics. But one of them was calling out President Obama who is golfing while Ferguson burns. I get that Rand has to work the elite to prevent them having a conniption at the thought of him being President, but the real world is still out here. Get down there and call for police reform.

The American people are looking for a leader here, be that leader.
    Last edited by thequietkid10; 08-13-2014 at 10:46 PM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    That would be interesting, but risky. It would need to be a message that actually relates to this particular situation though. What sorts of police reforms could Rand advocate that might have prevented this from happening or could have handled the aftermath better? We don't even know the facts as to what actually happened.
    Hofstadter's Law: It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's Law. -Douglas Hofstadter

Life, Liberty, Logic

Rand would legalize shooting cops

No way it'll happen. Although it would show some serious balls

I don't buy the "widespread bipartisan outrage" line. I've heard and seen too many conservatives supporting the police (afterall, it's conservative to do so).

Just an example:

The kid has his booger picker off the trigger. Good form. And apparently a capitalist

Of course some conservative veteran is offended by guns, money, alcohol, and other forms of freedom.
    Last edited by fr33; 08-13-2014 at 11:16 PM.

Here is my advice on what Obama should do. Maybe Rand could as well.

http://www.redstate.com/diary/freedo...rguson-crisis/

I don't buy the "widespread bipartisan outrage" line. I've heard and seen too many conservatives supporting the police (afterall, it's conservative to do so).
    Indeed, they are the prime supporters of the police brutalizing blacks and throwing people in jail for possessing drugs.

if he does he will also have to explain the looting and rationalize every detail on the side he is apparently taking.. as said a thousand times, when the people lead, the leaders follow, one person isn't going to sort this out by himself, the public has to be there. so far from what i've seen, it's still the same old story, one side blames the police, the other side is asking 'ya well what about the looting'. the public needs to get their heads together first and one person can't help them do that. ron didn't really help us, our heads were already together, we just needed a trigger. the rest needs a lot more than that.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Remove Qualified Immunity from the Federal books. All employed by the state will be advised to carry liability insurance. If you can't get insured, find another line of work in the productive sector of society. If they get sued for illegal conduct, make the bastards pay for their criminal acts! Equality before the law is restored. Rand was never going to get the jack-booted thug vote, I don't see how this could hurt him and the upside is limitless.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Qualified_immunity
    Last edited by SneakyFrenchSpy; 08-14-2014 at 07:01 AM.
    "There was madness in any direction, at any hour. You could strike sparks anywhere. There was a fantastic universal sense that whatever we were doing was right, that we were winning.

And that I think, was the handle. That sense of inevitable victory over the forces of Old and Evil. Not in any mean or military sense; we didn't need that. Our energy would simply prevail. We had all the momentum; we were riding the crest of a high and beautiful wave." ~ HST

You don't need a SWAT team to stop looting. Amash came out and made a good statement, Rand should make one along those lines.

I wouldn't. Everyone seemed to be against Zimmerman and for Martin back in March 2012, but as the facts came out that flipped, and conservatives were largely for Zimmerman.

The facts of this case have yet to be shown.

Yeah, just like he should have gone to Bundy ranch, no thanks. We saw how him even commenting on that turned out. If he goes to MO, he will be forever linked with the actions of whatever idiots he winds up with.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

I wish Rand would stay a million miles from this, but it doesn't look like he is going to. Rioting and looting is never okay. There is nothing more important than property rights in a free society. I have no idea what the police response should be to this. I wouldn't mind seeing a business owner or 2 open fire on looters though.

Quote Originally Posted by Krugminator2 View Post
    I wish Rand would stay a million miles from this, but it doesn't look like he is going to. Rioting and looting is never okay. There is nothing more important than property rights in a free society. I have no idea what the police response should be to this. I wouldn't mind seeing a business owner or 2 open fire on looters though.
    Then you need to go there, because the MSM would never bring that to you in living color...
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

Rand is a US Senator from Kentucky. Unlike the Bundy Saga, this is not a Federal Issue. There is no need for Rand to get involved and in fact it would be inappropriate for him to do so. What he should do is take this opportunity to weave the militarization of police (which is abetted by free federal military handouts to local police) in to his regular stump speech and in particular to his speeches while doing outreach to the black community. But to actually show up in Ferguson or address the situation directly would be a political misstep.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.