Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: IN PICTURES: Ferguson vs Iraq

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

Awareness is the Root of Liberation Revolution is Action upon Revelation

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo.

...the familiar ritual of institutional self-absolution...
    ...for protecting them, by mock trial, from punishment...

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Out of rep, pretty damn revealing.
    "The Patriarch"

Iraq 2003:

"I shall bring justice to Westeros. Every man shall reap what he has sown, from the highest lord to the lowest gutter rat. They have made my kingdom bleed, and I do not forget that."
    -Stannis Baratheon

Is there a difference in mentality between the two groups? The Police vs the Military?
    No more IRS.
    I am now old enough to vote.

Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

Quote Originally Posted by 2young2vote View Post
    Is there a difference in mentality between the two groups? The Police vs the Military?
    trigger discipline. Police are skittish.

Maybe physical conditioning too? I see fat cops all over AmerKia.

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    trigger discipline. Police are skittish.
    Soldiers in an war zone with little or no accountability, like their AmeriKan uniformed cousins, are not?

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Soldiers in an war zone are not?
    Soldiers are least accustomed to bizarre ROEs and discharge restrictions. Police remind me of this...

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    all I see is 2 sets of heroes.
    "IF GOD DIDN'T WANT TO HELP AMERICA, THEN WE WOULD HAVE Hillary Clinton"!!
    "let them search you,touch you,violate your Rights,just don't be a dick!"~ cdc482
    "For Wales. Why Richard, it profits a man nothing to give his soul for the whole world. But for Wales?"
    All my life I've been at the mercy of men just following orders... Never again!~Erik Lehnsherr
    There's nothing wrong with stopping people randomly, especially near bars, restaurants etc.~Velho

Soldiers are least accustomed to bizarre ROEs and discharge restrictions. Police remind me of this...

No, it is about the same. ROE and "discharge restrictions" are just terms that really have no bearing on actuality.

No, it is about the same. ROE and "discharge restrictions" are just terms that really have no bearing on actuality.
    No, actually you were not allowed to discharge your weapon in Iraq until fired upon. My marine buddy was in Fallujah and told me about the nonsense. The military is degrees higher than cops in terms of fire discipline and general battlefield awareness.

Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    Out of rep, pretty damn revealing.
    Covered

No, actually you were not allowed to discharge your weapon in Iraq until fired upon. My marine buddy was in Fallujah and told me about the nonsense.
    Supposedly the same strictures apply in AmeriKa. Doesn't mean it didn't and doesn't happen. And when it is done then it is covered up for the sake of face saving.

Supposedly the same strictures apply in AmeriKa. Doesn't mean it didn't and doesn't happen. And when it is done then it is covered up for the sake of face saving.
    Police don't put in the same time with their firearms as the military. Some police may visit the range two to three times a year max. And they aren't as disciplined.

Police don't put in the same time with their firearms as the military. And they aren't as disciplined.
    Please tell me how this has any bearing on what I typed.

One won't usually fire upon civilians, the other thinks it's enemy is the civilians.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Even if it were desirable, America is not strong enough to police the world by military force. If that attempt is made, the blessings of liberty will be replaced by coercion and tyranny at home. Our Christian ideals cannot be exported to other lands by dollars and guns. Persuasion and example are the methods taught by the Carpenter of Nazareth, and if we believe in Christianity we should try to advance our ideals by his methods. We cannot practice might and force abroad and retain freedom at home. We cannot talk world cooperation and practice power politics

Howard Buffet
    A society that places equality before freedom with get neither; A society that places freedom before equality will yield high degrees of both

Make a move and plead the 5th because you can't plead the 1st

Are those Helmet cams??

So the military in a warzone need to wear helmet cams? Is that for accountability purposes?

And yet cops protecting and serving DON'T!?

What's the big deal? Shouldn't our heroes in uniform have the best equipment money can buy???

It's not like they're going to use all that military equipment to just one day start taking your guns, and throw you into FEMA camps. Considering that such a thing has never, ever happened before it just sounds like some absurd conspiracy theory with no basis in reality.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Rand Paul (Vice Pres) 2016!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by bxm042 View Post
    What's the big deal? Shouldn't our heroes in uniform have the best equipment money can buy???

It's not like they're going to use all that military equipment to just one day start taking your guns, and throw you into FEMA camps. Considering that such a thing has never, ever happened before it just sounds like some absurd conspiracy theory with no basis in reality.
    EXACTLY! That whole Japanese American camps during WWII, I have a feeling was completely made up anyway. Our Gov't doesn't do stuff like that, it was completely over-exaggerated. My guess is IF the gov't really did round up Japanese Americans, they probably moved them into cute little BnB's and had a nice view and stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Mani View Post
    Are those Helmet cams??

So the military in a warzone need to wear helmet cams? Is that for accountability purposes?

And yet cops protecting and serving DON'T!?
    No, those are Norotos rhino mounts for using PVS-14 NVG's. Now company's have made adapters for Go-Pros to fit to them so we can make motarded videos but it isn't for accountability.
    "I know the urge to arm yourself, because that’s what I did. I was trained in firearms. When I walked to the hospital when my husband was sick, I carried a concealed weapon. I made the determination that if somebody was going to try to take me out I was going to take them with me."

Diane Feinstein, 1995

Quote Originally Posted by Uriel999 View Post
    No, those are Norotos rhino mounts for using PVS-14 NVG's. Now company's have made adapters for Go-Pros to fit to them so we can make motarded videos but it isn't for accountability.
    So it's mainly for night vision?

When the police becomes like the military then the state is at war with its people.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Al Jazeera journalists teargassed by security forces — in Ferguson, Missouri, USA

http://www.vox.com/2014/8/13/6001193...son/in/5757650

Here is a sentence that will be immediately familiar to anyone who has ever followed even a little news out of the Middle East:

Journalists from the Qatari news outlet Al Jazeera were attacked by state security forces today and blanketed in tear gas, as they attempted to film an ongoing protest; this is the latest in a string of attacks on journalists by security forces.

Now see if you can guess the country. It's not Egypt. Not Tunisia.

Nope: this happened, exactly as described, in the United States of America on Wednesday night, in the Missouri town of Ferguson. Here is the video of Al Jazeera America journalists in Ferguson being clearly targeted with tear gas by Ferguson police (apologies for the poor quality):

(video at link)

It began as a joke to compare what's happening in Ferguson with the authoritarian crackdowns in Middle East dictatorships, but the parallels have ceased to become a joke. Also on Wednesday night, police arrested a Washington Post reporter named Wesley Lowery — he was the second Post reporter this year to be arrested for reporting; the first was Tehran Bureau Chief Jason Rezaian. The situation in Ferguson is simply out of control.

Quote Originally Posted by bxm042 View Post

This is in no way the best equipment money can buy.They have no need for snipers and guns,any commander who would give his police officers automatic weapons so they can confront a riot should be fired immediately.All it would take is one under trained scared cop to shot one man in the crowd and from riots you go into an armed insurgency.They should have riot gear and water cannons.And just look at their riot gear it looks like it came from the mall's sporting department.

Why are they even so armed,do they plan to open fire if they are confronted ? if so they are lunatics.

“The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, but he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them.” --George Orwell

In terms of a full spectrum candidate, Rand is leaps and bounds above Trump. I'm not disputing that.
    Who else in public life has called for a pre-emptive strike on North Korea?--Donald Trump

No, actually you were not allowed to discharge your weapon in Iraq until fired upon. My marine buddy was in Fallujah and told me about the nonsense. The military is degrees higher than cops in terms of fire discipline and general battlefield awareness.
    uh...Most Police Depts. HIRE ex-Vets...

Quote Originally Posted by Mani View Post
    So it's mainly for night vision?
    correct. As far as accountability we have plenty of that though. We have lifers so worried about following the rules set by the very politicians that sent us out here that it can cost lives. We were all more afraid of the consequences of firing our weapons by our command than fighting a war. Hell, there was an investigation on a guy that saved the lives of Marines in two vehicles because he shot a motorcycle just in time that had a 300 or 400 pound explosive in it. Seriously, it's retarded.
    "I know the urge to arm yourself, because that’s what I did. I was trained in firearms. When I walked to the hospital when my husband was sick, I carried a concealed weapon. I made the determination that if somebody was going to try to take me out I was going to take them with me."

Diane Feinstein, 1995

"One thing my years in Washington taught me is that most politicians are followers, not leaders. Therefore we should not waste time and resources trying to educate politicians. Politicians will not support individual liberty and limited government unless and until they are forced to do so by the people," says Ron Paul."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast