Thread: [Video] Rand Paul discusses his faith with the American Liberty Association

[Video] Rand Paul discusses his faith with the American Liberty Association

Interview took place on June 6 at the 2014 Texas Republican State Convention but I don't think it's been posted yet

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8FYd8_tah68

Rand Paul talks with Justin Machacek of the American Liberty Association about his Christian faith, Israel, & the role of nonprofits in the community. Find out more about the ALA at www.AmericanLibertyAssociation.com

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Most of the interview was really good. I still don't really think that he needs to be critical of Colorado's law to legalize marijuana. I think most social conservatives care a lot more about abortion and gay marriage than they care about marijuana legalization, and Rand could probably turn Colorado into a deep red state if he took a more solidly libertarian position on that issue.

I kind of feel like Rand was hoping for more views on this interview.

Interviews with low view counts accomplish two things: #1 they don't spread his message. #2 If he slips up and says the wrong thing, it could end his career.

I didn't listen to the whole thing, but the fact that Rand is openly OK with punishing actions where only the individual who does the act is harmed is ridiculous. I don't know if he was pandering there or not (hope so) but Rand is really flirting with some problematic positions there.

Rand, you need to get out more. "Those that smoke marijuana everyday don't do much else", is a naïve statement. You might be surprised to know that there are different kinds of people out there, each with their own level of integrity and self motivation. Many of those that you say "don't do much else" when they smoke, probably wouldn't want to do much else if they didn't.

I've known a lot of people, in various parts of the country, in my lifetime. I didn't find many of those that smoke mj to be less productive, although some of them were less destructive, especially toward others.
    "When a portion of wealth is transferred from the person who owns it—without his consent and without compensation, and whether by force or by fraud—to anyone who does not own it, then I say that property is violated; that an act of plunder is committed." - Bastiat : The Law

"nothing evil grows in alcohol" ~ @presence

"I mean can you imagine what it would be like if firemen acted like police officers? They would only go into a burning house only if there's a 100% chance they won't get any burns. I mean, you've got to fully protect thy self first." ~ juleswin

Sick of him bashing cannabis users. Hey Rand - it's a medicine that helps many, many people! Aren't you a doctor? All he has to do is read the plethora of medical studies on the issue. I assume it's just pandering.

I still have hope that Rand holds all of Ron's positions and is just pandering.

Quote Originally Posted by mit26chell View Post
    Sick of him bashing cannabis users. Hey Rand - it's a medicine that helps many, many people! Aren't you a doctor? All he has to do is read the plethora of medical studies on the issue. I assume it's just pandering.

Calling marijuana "medicine" is utterly ridiculous. It is a drug, one of the side effects of which is to reduce the mental capacity of the user. It is a stupid drug for stupid people.

Quote Originally Posted by mit26chell View Post

Oh bull$#@!. Weed does make a lot of people slow and lazy, and before you start bashing me I just got in an hour long argument with my father that locking people up for drug crimes is wrong. Sure, there are a good number of people that can smoke cannabis and still be productive members of society. I suspect that a good number of them post here. But it certainly shouldn't be encouraged. And the real reason why?... weed is illegal, and dealers introduce an enviornment where drugs like meth are easily gotten. It is a gateway drug...but not because of the bull$#@! that police and law enforcement insist. It is a gateway drug because of the people that one meets when they do it.

In conclusion. Weed should be legal, but it aint good.

Slutter McGee

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    ^^^^^^^^^Now that's straight out of some DARE propaganda!^^^^^^^^^

WTF is a "gateway drug" other than some BS Nancy Reagan dreamed up for publicity?

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    ^^^^^^^^^Now that's straight out of some DARE propaganda!^^^^^^^^^

WTF is a "gateway drug" other than some BS Nancy Reagan dreamed up for publicity?
    SRSLY? LOL

I've done more physical labor in 1 day while high on cannabis than Rand Paul's ever done in his life.