Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: SHTF in Missouri over Michael Brown "only good cop is a dead cop" sign found by news crew

Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    For now, yes. I don't see them staying that way much longer.
    Hopefully, it's just that the millennium and slow decline of America is young.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    ...I believe that when the government is capable of doing a thing, it will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Influenza View Post
    which one of yall fuckers wrote the "ron paul" racist news letters
    Quote Originally Posted by Dforkus View Post
    Zippy's posts are a great contribution.

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCarolinaLiberty View Post
    I agree with this, but it goes well beyond small demographics. Seems to me that a majority of people don't even recognize poor thinking patterns. I live in an area where many, many people are gun rights advocates. These same people who criticize government on the gun issue are the same people who empower government in other ways. They are--for lack of a better term--typical conservatives who advocate government be very active in certain aspects of society. They don't even recognize that strongly empowering government in these other areas adversely diminishes their rights in areas like firearms.
    I think elements of cognitive dissonance run across all demographics in some capacity, but blacks appear to be the most susceptible group to this voodoo. And let me state that this has nothing to do with political parties but rather a general perspective on how we perceive the world.
    Last edited by AuH20; 08-12-2014 at 09:35 PM.

Ray Downs @RayDowns
    Follow
    Police told protesters to get out of street, they instead got on knees and said, "Hands up! Don't shoot!" #Ferguson
    8:49 PM - 12 Aug 2014
    Last edited by Origanalist; 08-12-2014 at 10:20 PM.
    "The Patriarch"

Quote Originally Posted by James Madison View Post
    Ageism, racism, and sexism all in the same sentence. Doubleplusgood, comrade. Old white people need to sit down and shut-up.

This $#@!in $#@! on RPFs? Seriously?
    Nope, simply calling her out on her tiring "pull yourself up by the bootstraps" bull$#@! logic when she is clueless to their environment.

6. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by NIU Students for Liberty View Post
    Nope, simply calling her out on her tiring "pull yourself up by the bootstraps" bull$#@! logic when she is clueless to their environment.
    And you know this how?
    "The Patriarch"

He has excited domestic insurrections amongst us, and has endeavoured to bring on the inhabitants of our frontiers, the merciless Indian Savages, whose known rule of warfare, is an undistinguished destruction of all ages, sexes and conditions.

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

Awareness is the Root of Liberation Revolution is Action upon Revelation

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo.

...the familiar ritual of institutional self-absolution...
    ...for protecting them, by mock trial, from punishment...

Quote Originally Posted by mczerone View Post
    "Proper English" aside - what kind of problem do you have with people standing in their own back yard while a phalanx of the enemy march down their street and fire tear-gas at what appears to be minority females? These guys in the last video before your post were wearing white T-shirts, held their hands up to demonstrate that they weren't a threat, and got fired upon IN THEIR GODDAMNED BACK YARD.

I had to delete the rest of my post, lest I violate some Forum Rules on you.
    I hate to interrupt your mob agitation, but of course I don't agree with cops doing that. We were talking about two different things.
    ================
    Open Borders: A Libertarian Reappraisal or why only dumbasses and cultural marxists are for it.

Cultural Marxism: The Corruption of America

The Property Basis of Rights

Ageism, racism, and sexism all in the same sentence. Doubleplusgood, comrade. Old white people need to sit down and shut-up.

This $#@!in $#@! on RPFs? Seriously?
    Indeed, and it sure should show Bryan what this forum has become.
    ================
    Open Borders: A Libertarian Reappraisal or why only dumbasses and cultural marxists are for it.

Bull$#@!. You're an older white woman who has no clue as to what it's like to be born into a slum environment where you're surrounded by violence, drugs, and police harassment, all of which is courtesy of a government that you cannot combat (through peace or force).
    And in your mind, that excuses them looting and burning down private businesses? Really? If so, Mr. "Students for Liberty", it makes me wonder if you have confused liberty with license.

Tell me why it is that the vast majority of black Americans desire to increase the size and scope of that government who you say they cannot combat?

Gosh, amazing isn't it, that all the people who have found themselves born into lousy conditions from the very beginning of this country, didn't embrace a victim complex and blame everyone else for their situation, but rather pulled themselves out of it.
    Last edited by LibertyEagle; 08-12-2014 at 11:10 PM.
    ================

Supporting Member
    Missouri

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    True, but a sizable majority of these people openly embrace the very same government that has perpetrated the Tuskegee Experiment and host of other social ills (abortion) upon them. It's a bizarre phenomenon to witness. They have no qualms about taking perks from said government, but then lament the negative repercussions associated with the relationship. A logical person would call for a divorce instead of continually reinforcing such misdeeds. There really can't be a middle ground. You're either a ward of the state or a free man.
    Catch 22... ever had rice every day for 3 weeks straight so you could make sure the $10 you could borrow from a friend would buy enough food to last your kids a week? Ever had your kids question you about why there is never any food in the house? All while the people around you are telling you how much you OWE it to your kids to get assistance from a government you are completely against? All while people around you are telling you that you're abusing your children by not filing for at least temporary assistance?

And don't give me the "perhaps you shouldn't have had so many kids" line either, because people lose good jobs, peoples husbands and wives die, or leave. People run into issues they can't control. It makes it much easier to take a handout from anyone you can get it from, no matter how much you loathe the hand giving it to you.

Not saying a large chunk of people in this situation aren't happy to feed off the tit of government, but they can't all be lumped into that group. Especially in areas like this, where the ONLY place you can possibly afford to live is the $#@!ty little suburbs or ghettos if you're in that situation.
    Last edited by Roxi; 08-12-2014 at 10:55 PM.

It worked well for the Irish. Italians seem to be doing okay. How about the Japanese, who were tossed into prison camps during WW2? Or Chinese, who came here dirt-poor and worked 15 hours a day building railroads?

You can only play the victim card for so long before my sympathy runs out. How long before it's your own damn fault?
    Knowledge will forever govern ignorance; and a people who mean to be their own governors must arm themselves with the power which knowledge gives. -James Madison

Quote Originally Posted by LibertyEagle View Post
    Oh bull$#@!. How about everyone should take responsibility for their actions.

They aren't "oppressed" any more than anyone else. They need to pull their pants up and start taking responsibility for themselves, rather than ask government to subsidize them.

You literally have no idea what you are talking about, do you? The prison statistics speak for themselves. Ever here of supply side economics? How about incentive driven behavior?

15. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Supporting Member
    Missouri

Blog Entries
    Also, I'd like to see proof that the looting and rioting was actually perpetrated by local citizens. Everyone is quick to judge this community based on that alone, but it doesn't seem like too many are questioning what benefit the looting and rioting actually has for the LEO's.

Not saying people won't take advantage of free stuff, and not saying people don't act like lunatics when they're angry, because I know this happens, but I'm not so quick to believe that it isn't being encouraged covertly by those in charge.

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCarolinaLiberty View Post
    They like to play fast and loose with vocabulary for effect, but some will take different view. "War" is most generally described as armed conflict between two sides. If that's they way they want to define it, then there is significance in this comment:

By the time there is war, then people have had enough. Armed conflict is the very consequence of people who've had enough.

If the police are going to be so dramatic, then they could not object to any casualties. Even war has rules. If you're a casualty of those rules, they you can't go back and redefine what is just.

You can't have it both ways. If you're going to define it as war, then you must be prepared to suffer the consequences. If citizens take lethal action against the other side, then that is justified in a "war zone."

I like how it's a war zone, with one side having armored vehicles, armored troops, guns, and tear gas. And the other side is hurling F'bombs. That's a war zone to you?? $#@!ing morons.

As NCL implies, it's not a war zone if the other side isn't arming themselves and fighting you back. Looting businesses and stealing stuff which you are not even protecting, doesn't qualify.

These cops are so desperate to call something a war, but have never experienced anyone fighting them back. They just like to get dressed up in their gear, hut hut around when they find pot smokers, beat up 12 year olds or shoot tear gas at people swearing at them, and they think they are fighting a war. Clueless $#@!s.

I'm not advocating anyone arm themselves and fight back BTW, I'm just pointing out the ridiculous nature of these guys thinking they are in a war zone, when the only thing being hurled toward them are curse words.
    Last edited by Mani; 08-12-2014 at 11:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mani View Post
    These cops are so desperate to call something a war, but have never experienced anyone fighting them back.
    I think that's what did Mike Brown in , he dared to fight back, even if it was just "mouthing off" or pushing back against a car door that was slammed into him. Or trying to get out of a choke hold.

The cop wasn't used to somebody fighting back and it probably sent the officer into a mag dumping rage.
    Last edited by SeanTX; 08-12-2014 at 11:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Roxi View Post
    Also, I'd like to see proof that the looting and rioting was actually perpetrated by local citizens. Everyone is quick to judge this community based on that alone, but it doesn't seem like too many are questioning what benefit the looting and rioting actually has for the LEO's.

Not saying people won't take advantage of free stuff, and not saying people don't act like lunatics when they're angry, because I know this happens, but I'm not so quick to believe that it isn't being encouraged covertly by those in charge.
    That's possible, I have no idea. Although it sure makes the narrative convenient. Stupid looters and "rioters" immediately makes them the bad guy, and the cops the good guys protecting the community.

It completely takes the killing of a possibly innocent man, murdered by a police officer, and changes the story to, "Thank God the police are here to save the city. Crazy bad evil looters." It washes away the bad police argument and makes them the good guys again.

I don't like the looting at all, distracts the entire argument.

And in your mind, that excuses them looting and burning down private businesses? Really? If so, Mr. "Students for Liberty", it makes me wonder if you have confused liberty with license.

Tell me why it is that the vast majority of black Americans desire to increase the size and scope of that government who you say they cannot combat?
    Never said I was ok with the looting of the private businesses but for you to act as if those living in the inner city have it just as bad as you, really displays your ignorance. That is why I called you out initially.

And in regards to blacks and their alleged favoritism towards big government policies (pretty sure they're not fans of the police state or wars), I can say that about any race living in this country that votes Republican or Democrat. Granted I don't agree with the mob reaction of this recent shooting, but at least there is an uproar in these communities every time a similar incident occurs that puts the police on notice.

Quote Originally Posted by bolil View Post
    You literally have no idea what you are talking about, do you? The prison statistics speak for themselves. Ever here of supply side economics? How about incentive driven behavior?
    Are you for real? Or just take a wrong turn on your way to Democratic Underground?

Let me make this real simple for you. People are responsible for their own actions. Period.

If someone leaves their keys in their car and someone steals it, the latter is still a thief.
    ================

Are you for real? Or just take a wrong turn on your way to Democratic Underground?

Let me make this real simple for you. People are responsible for their own actions. Period.

If someone leaves their keys in their car and someone steals it, the latter is still a thief.
    Sure, and when those actions do not involve the creation of a victim and land only one group of people in jail? What then? Am I for real? You've seen me be an $#@!, a drunk, and probably a dumb-ass but you've never seen me be fake .

No, its bootstraps. No way the gov would target certain segments of the population... right?

Quote Originally Posted by SeanTX View Post
    I think that's what did Mike Brown in , he dared to fight back, even if it was just "mouthing off" or pushing back against a car door that was slammed into him. Or trying to get out of a choke hold. It probably sent the officer into a mag dumping rage.
    You are most probably right. That's how a lot of people have met their demise. Even the guy who got the choke hold with the untaxed cigarettes. He said, "This ends now!" He stood up to them. And "resisting arrest" is what these people are accused of, and sometimes killed for it.

I still don't count that as fighting back as in a "WAR ZONE." Like a real war zone, with an armed enemy with guns and explosives and an intent to kill/destroy the enemy. They have not seen that war zone that they get all excited about. That's completely different than people who try to assert themselves from a uniformed bully.

24. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    It worked well for the Irish. Italians seem to be doing okay. How about the Japanese, who were tossed into prison camps during WW2? Or Chinese, who came here dirt-poor and worked 15 hours a day building railroads?

You can only play the victim card for so long before my sympathy runs out. How long before it's your own damn fault?
    Many of the Japanese-Americans who were released from the internment camps never recovered financially since the federal government did not compensate them for their stolen property.

The groups that you mentioned, while treated unfairly, were not enslaved and segregated in this country to the degree that blacks were.

Never said I was ok with the looting of the private businesses but for you to act as if those living in the inner city have it just as bad as you, really displays your ignorance. That is why I called you out initially.
    I said nothing like that. But, since you bring it up, it doesn't matter whether they have it tougher than someone else or not, it doesn't give them the license to go looting and burning someone else's property. I shouldn't be having to tell you that.

And in regards to blacks and their alleged favoritism towards big government policies (pretty sure they're not fans of the police state or wars), I can say that about any race living in this country that votes Republican or Democrat. Granted I don't agree with the mob reaction of this recent shooting, but at least there is an uproar in these communities every time a similar incident occurs that puts the police on notice.
    Puts them on notice FOR WHAT? Just a bunch of low-life hoodlums acting like low-life hoodlums.

Let's see... they think a cop unjustly shot a black kid. Got it. So, they go loot and burn private businesses that had NOTHING to do with it. Yeah, that'll show 'em. lolol
    ================

I said nothing like that. But, since you bring it up, it doesn't matter whether they have it tougher than someone else or not, it doesn't give them the license to go looting and burning someone else's property. I shouldn't be having to tell you that.

Puts them on notice FOR WHAT? Just a bunch of low-life hoodlums acting like low-life hoodlums.

Let's see... they think a cop unjustly shot a black kid. Got it. So, they go loot and burn private businesses that had NOTHING to do with it. Yeah, that'll show 'em. lolol

The proper outlet for their rage is beyond their means. Theye are not naming the cop, nor are theye taking any action against him. They cant fight because they are seriously outgunned. So the rage is coming out sideways. I understand that, doesn't make it right, but I get it. If you don't... then I don't know.

Many of the Japanese-Americans who were released from the internment camps never recovered financially since the federal government did not compensate them for their stolen property.

The groups that you mentioned, while treated unfairly, were not enslaved and segregated in this country to the degree that blacks were.
    So, you want remuneration? Is that it? Or, so more government programs to take money out of some peoples' pockets to put in your own? How much is it going to take, Mr. "Student for Liberty"?
    ================

The proper outlet for their rage is beyond their means. Theye are not naming the cop, nor are theye taking any action against him. They cant fight because they are seriously outgunned. So the rage is coming out sideways. I understand that, doesn't make it right, but I get it. If you don't... then I don't know.
    Oh come on. JUSTICE FOR MICHAEL BROWN! Gotta get me some rims and Cheetos!

Now, if they had shown up at the police station, I would have understood that much better. But, not looting and burning private property.
    ================

Oh come on. JUSTICE FOR MICHAEL BROWN! Gotta get me some rims and Cheetos!

Now, if they had shown up at the police station, I would have understood that much better. But, not looting and burning private property.
    Shown up at the police station to be mowed down. Gotcha.
    Last edited by bolil; 08-12-2014 at 11:35 PM.

Shown up at the police station to be mowed down. Gotcha.
    So, they loot businesses that had NOTHING to do with it? Yeah, that makes sense.
    ================

Quote Originally Posted by Roxi View Post
    Catch 22... ever had rice every day for 3 weeks straight so you could make sure the $10 you could borrow from a friend would buy enough food to last your kids a week? Ever had your kids question you about why there is never any food in the house? All while the people around you are telling you how much you OWE it to your kids to get assistance from a government you are completely against? All while people around you are telling you that you're abusing your children by not filing for at least temporary assistance?

And don't give me the "perhaps you shouldn't have had so many kids" line either, because people lose good jobs, peoples husbands and wives die, or leave. People run into issues they can't control. It makes it much easier to take a handout from anyone you can get it from, no matter how much you loathe the hand giving it to you.

Not saying a large chunk of people in this situation aren't happy to feed off the tit of government, but they can't all be lumped into that group. Especially in areas like this, where the ONLY place you can possibly afford to live is the $#@!ty little suburbs or ghettos if you're in that situation.
    The average person would have at least twice as much money if it wasn't for this government. You shouldn't feel guilty about taking from the government you are against. If you genuinely have need, you are the type of person those programs were created for in the first place. To refuse to collect what you were forced to pay for on principle seems silly to me. Also keep in mind that 95% of the US are morons who don't even realize they're being stolen from. I don't see anything wrong with recouping some of your losses.

33. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    So, they loot businesses that had NOTHING to do with it? Yeah, that makes sense.
    It does. It makes sense that it would come out sideways. Faced with overwhelming force on one side and motivated by a true injustice. It's called blowback and its as true domestically as it is regarding foreign affairs. The looting was motivated by a cop blasting a young man. Did the cop know it would work out that way? No. Because blowback is unpredictable.

Yes, you did: "They aren't 'oppressed' any more than anyone else." And once again, I never said they should go around looting.

The fact that the police began threatening to arrest protestors, not to mention having to wear and handle militarized weaponry (again, these are cops) shows that they were in defense mode. If a similar shooting incident were to occur in an affluent or even a middle class suburb, the average citizen would either ignore and go about their day or cheer on the police, proclaiming them as "heroes" for "just doing their job".

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast