Page 34 of 47 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,020 of 1390

Thread: Eyewitness to Michael Brown Shooting Recounts His Friend’s Death in Ferguson, MO

It does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds. -Samuel Adams

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

Quote Originally Posted by thoughtomator View Post
    Right wing/police state cheerleaders going nuts over this tweet: https://twitter.com/ChristineDByers/...56693382094848

If you were looking for the actual evidence it implies exists, or for the cop's story to which it refers, you will be left empty-handed... circulates back to the "Josie" third-hand story.

It's been over a week and we still haven't an on-the-record explanation by the PD of the actions of its officer which left a person dead in the street of multiple gunshot wounds.
    And after they give their sworn testimony, you will likely say that they were lying or being threatened. <yawn> It appears that you're holding onto a rapidly vanishing sweater that's slowly being pulled apart thread by thread. You started from the foundation that the police shot Brown without any provocation, as did I. Now as the facts are being assembled, it doesn't look that way.
    Last edited by AuH20; 08-19-2014 at 11:42 AM.

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    And after they give their sworn testimony, you will likely say that they were lying or threatened. <yawn> It appears that you're holding onto a rapidly vanishing sweater that's being pulled apart thread by thread. You started from the foundation that the police shot Brown without any provocation, as did I. Now as the facts are being assembled, it doesn't look that way.
    where's that $#@!ing drug test on the cop?

where is it?

Quote Originally Posted by JK/SEA View Post
    where's that $#@!ing drug test on the cop?

where is it?
    All in due time sir. I already answered this.

It's likely being saved for a trial. If everything is released it cuts down on the potential jury pool... We may see nothing in the interim if this goes to trial. The bare minimum. The defense would save the crucial evidence for his trial. Remember that we didn't get photos of Zimmerman's injuries until the trial.
    A police officer is not a private citizen, and what the PD knows is not the equivalent to what a defense officer knows. The PD owes an explanation of how the situation went down, as best they understand it right now.

If they know their officer committed a murder, they had the obligation to arrest him.

If there was no murder, then there needs to be another explanation - an OFFICIAL one.

This is not like the Zimmerman case - Zimmerman was a private party on private property. In Ferguson, the PD itself is a party to the case.

The PD's obligation is to act as a neutral party, and it clearly has no intention of being so.

And after they give their sworn testimony, you will likely say that they were lying or being threatened. <yawn> It appears that you're holding onto a rapidly vanishing sweater that's slowly being pulled apart thread by thread. You started from the foundation that the police shot Brown without any provocation, as did I. Now as the facts are being assembled, it doesn't look that way.
    You're delusional. Every single piece of evidence you rely on for your case is hearsay.

Remember that story a few weeks back about people calling the police when Facebook went down? This is relevant to Ferguson and other areas like it. A St. Louis cop weighs in on the hoopla:

People need to understand North St. Louis County. Those people complain about the Man being in their lives but they call the Man into their lives for every insignificant little thing. Trust me, I know this up close and personal.
    Like I said before, they are babysitters in some areas of the country. If the police are so bloodthirsty, you would think they wouldn't be calling them so much?
    Last edited by AuH20; 08-19-2014 at 11:53 AM.

copsuckers in here should be happy the KKK is fundraising for their hero.

All in due time sir. I already answered this.

$#@!in bull$#@!.

No problem releasing drug tests for the kid right?.....

Quote Originally Posted by JK/SEA View Post
    $#@!in bull$#@!.

No problem releasing drug tests for the kid right?.....
    Tests weren't officially released for either.

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.

I've never called the police in my life and I aim to keep it that way. Don't need drama or reports. I'll get my own cat out of the tree, thank you. I'll deal with my own neighbors in a civil manner. People are 911 happy since they don't have conflict resolution skills or are hopped up on prescription meds. LOL

that last line sounds like you're describing cops.
    Last edited by JK/SEA; 08-19-2014 at 12:12 PM.

edit
    Last edited by AuH20; 08-19-2014 at 12:21 PM.

Good interview regardless of what you think about this incident:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ts-friend.html

Shepard told MailOnline he thinks Wilson did the right thing according to his training. But he believes that the police in general should have better training to use non-lethal force before opening fire.

He said: 'It's sad for Mike Brown and his family. Darren could have just Tasered him and Mike would have spent six months in jail or something and maybe got his act together after that.

'Darren could have gone on with his life too but now both of their lives are over. It sucks.

'I'm sure Mike's family is having a hard time but at least they have the support of the whole nation behind them, openly. Darren doesn't get that'.
    Shepard told MailOnline: 'People are very suspicious of law enforcement as it is and something like this happens you will always be remembered as the cop who murdered Mike Brown, regardless of what happens at trial or if he's ever charged or fired.

'Obviously he's not going to be able to be a cop over there (in Ferguson) any more.

'He’s going to have to resign but there's always going to be a negative connotation to his name, and it sucks. He doesn't deserve that.

'He's had pure intentions with everything I've ever seen him try and do. When we played hockey he wasn't the guy out there trying to fight people, he didn't care about stuff like that.

'He just wanted to play and have fun with his friends'.

Last edited by AuH20; 08-19-2014 at 12:22 PM.

Metro police just shot and killed a man who refused to drop a knife in North St. Louis, a few miles from Ferguson -- could stir up more trouble.

http://fox2now.com/2014/08/19/office...th-st-louis-2/

ST. LOUIS, MO (KTVI) – Authorities are responding to a report of an officer involved shooting in north St. Louis.
    snip
    Authorities say a man tried to rob the 5-Star Market convenience store with a knife.
    snip
    Police were called but the suspect refused to put down the weapon. He tried to attack police and was shot and killed.
    Last edited by SeanTX; 08-19-2014 at 12:44 PM.

Front page of CNN has big image "We love and support you Darren!"

This is why CNN is my primary news source. Cuts straight through the bull$#@! and directly to the facts, without all the cop-hating propaganda BS
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Quote Originally Posted by orenbus View Post
    Good to see. People finally realizing how much of a hero this guy is
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

I've never called the police in my life and I aim to keep it that way. Don't need drama or reports. I'll get my own cat out of the tree, thank you. I'll deal with my own neighbors in a civil manner. People are 911 happy since they don't have conflict resolution skills or are hopped up on prescription meds. LOL
    Shrug. It's a free service why not use it. The cops come in very handy sometimes, like when your neighbors are being too loud and there is underage drinking. A couple of them even got arrested for it, it was hilarious and awesome
    - Kim Kardashian

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by bxm042 View Post
    Front page of CNN has big image "We love and support you Darren!"
    eric holder must be on the job already.
    I have an autographed copy of Revolution: A Manifesto for sale. Mint condition, inquire within. (I don't sign in often, so please allow plenty of time for a response)

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/11...ssouri-protest

LANDOVER, Md. -- The "Hands up, don't shoot" protest has made its way to the NFL.

The Washington Redskins secondary emerged from the stadium tunnel during pregame introductions Monday night with hands raised and palms forward.

It was a show of solidarity with the people in Ferguson, Missouri, who are protesting the shooting of 18-year-old Michael Brown. Eleven players took part as the team was preparing to face the Cleveland Browns.

Safety Ryan Clark said Brown "could have been any one of us. That could have been any one of our brothers, our cousins. ... When you get an opportunity to make a statement and be more than a football player, it's good."

Protesters have gathered daily in Ferguson since Brown was fatally was shot by a police officer Aug. 9.
    It does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds. -Samuel Adams

Vice News highlights from over the weekend.

It goes far beyond the cops, though cops don't help the situation.

At this point, it's safe to assume that the public's concern about the militarization of the police has been largely erased,...and that's a shame.

Rand Paul needs some new advisors.

Those he has now suck,...maybe intentionally,...maybe not.

I feel very bad for Officer Darren than he had to kill someone. His life will surely be changed after this, very unfortunate for him.
    We'll know our disinformation program is complete when everything the American public believes is false. -- William Casey, CIA Director

Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please.-- Mark Twain

When people like us-- the scum of society-- don't risk our lives when a rare chance comes our way, we become losers at that moment. So courage is the only thing we can rely on.-- Anchan
    Rick Simpson Hemp Oil

A world where in high profile cases like this, the cop is going to be sacrificed as a means to quell domestic upheaval. The sensational racial dynamic that this has devolved into, leads me to believe that he may as well get his orange suit fitted. They don't have enough firemen in the county if he doesn't receive a harsh sentence, regardless of the evidence presented.
    Riiiight- and the last time a cop was 'sacrificed' was when?
    There is no spoon.

I don't know if anyone is interested, but there is a 20+ page thread on a police officers forum here with them arguing with each other over the Ferguson situation and if officer's should be viewed critically or have public oversight placed on them in situations like these. I'm just skimming through it right now to see if there is any other unique points of view from LE across the country on what's been happening.

http://forums.officer.com/t195139/

Here is one post:

I have a pretty serious problem with your post. In fact, the rant you just went on is why I left Milwaukee and went back to my wife's hometown to be a small town cop instead, like my dad and my uncle and my grandpa. Your viewpoint is so skewed that it's impossible for you to be not only impartial, but to be honest at all about the situation.

I tire of this concept that a lot of us have that no one can judge us but ourselves. That's simply not true, and it's also not a healthy system. We're the authority on who gets arrested, who gets taken down, who gets shot and who doesn't. In the entire history of the world, has it ever been healthy for the ones with the authority to be the ones that also judge themselves? Let's not even discuss the fact that the people you're talking about are citizens, people who have the constitutional right for us to be judged effectively and honestly for our actions for them or against them. Chicago, for example, before they had a civilian accountability board, had a ludicrously low amount of complaints even investigated, much less confirmed.

As for your claims, they're all hyperbolic to a fault.

"Why is the black male never wrong?" Are you serious? Looked at the jail population lately? This concept of yours that they're a protected class is ridiculous. The time I spent in Milwaukee was an eye opener for me. No one on this board is talking about it but we all know people we've worked with who don't think there's any redeeming quality to an inner city kid. Absolutely the riot was unacceptable, but people are frustrated. Your rant and apparent inability to acknowledge that we're the ones with authority and that there is at least a perception of partiality is ridiculous. You refuse to accept any culpability in police interactions with minorities, as if there's never been a crime perpetrated by the police against a minority, ever. That's disingenuous to say the least.

And I'm so tired of the "we get shot at every day so that justifies a lot of things" argument. Yes, it's a job that can be difficult and dangerous at times, but let's be realistic. There are about 700,000 police officers in the US these days, of which hundreds of thousands are on the street. Last year, 173 died, and of that about 75 died from shootings, stabbings, or other violent interactions with criminals. That's a percentage so low my little desk calculator can't even factor it. It's not a high enough number to justify a rant like this. On the other side, the civilian side? We don't even track those numbers, even though we are supposed to. The low estimate is about 1500 people shot by the police last year, with about 800 dead.

I'm just tired of it. I was so tired of it I left a city department and went to join a small town, where I can get by without having to pretend and treat the people like garbage too.

Your rant indicates one thing. You've completely checked out of the concept for which the entire profession of police officer was created, to be out there as a force to protect people. You hate them.

In my opinion, there's no room in this profession for that hate. Unfortunately, there's nothing I can do to convince those that feel this way to stop it or that they're wrong.

I mean, your statement isn't even factually accurate, with your exaggeration of how many get shot a year, and the way that you qualified the civilians who died as "two bit tattooed gold tooth wearing drug dealing etc etc etc" is a rationalization to dehumanize that person.

Guess what? You might not like them, I probably wouldn't like them either, but that has absolutely nothing to do with how they're supposed to be treated and it certainly has nothing to do with whether or not they deserve to be shot.

As for the ridiculousness of being judged by people outside the profession, the profession has been designed exactly for that. Oversight by the courts, oversight by the legislative and executive, because people calmer and more impartial than you should be the ones that determine whether the force used on the civilians is just and appropriate.

You're full of hate. You should either fix that or retire.
    Last edited by orenbus; 08-19-2014 at 02:24 PM.

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    http://www.lewrockwell.com/lrc-blog/...r-on-ferguson/

Further on Ferguson
    Becky Akers
    Email Print
    FacebookTwitterShare
    One test I apply to determine someone’s status as a hero of liberty is whether he could shake a Founding Father’s hand should one of them miraculously appear among us. Could my nominee walk up to George Washington or Thomas Jefferson or Nathan Hale or Benedict Arnold, look him in the eye, and say, “I tried my hardest to protect the freedom you won for us?”

Dan Johnson passes that test. As a student at Bowling Green State University in 2012, he founded PANDA, or People Against the NDAA. This ”organization … works against the National Defense Authorization Act of 2012.” And not only works against it but has scored major victories: PANDA’s volunteers have “pushed Anti-NDAA legislation in over 20 states and countless local jursdictions, … and have helped pass several pieces of legislation across the country.”

Mr. Johnson is now “in Ferguson [not] on behalf of his activist group, but on his own time to lend his expertise in organizing a coordinated political effort to push back against such police action.” From there he’s written and broadcast accounts of what he’s seeing:

I have been here since Saturday morning. I have seen everything from prayer circles and press conferences with the protesters, to National Guardsmen positioned as snipers on store rooftops. I have been directed out of parking lots by military police, and ordered to keep moving by highway patrolmen. … I have had my eyes completely opened while down here. … This is what the NDAA looks like. When the only difference between the police and military is one is under the DoD (Department of Defense), and one is not, there is no practical difference. The Ferguson police coalition treated peaceful protesters like criminals, instead of dealing separately with a small criminal element. They acted like, and continue to act like, an occupying force in the community. Of course, now even the National Guard is here. … I challenge any organization that considers liberty important to send people down here and truly stand up against the military state.

Not to create work for Mr. Johnson, but perhaps in his travels around Ferguson, he can substantiate the following information from Freedom Outpost:

one of my most trusted sources, a member of DHS, … stated that DHS is running the Ferguson Police Department and that their actions are designed to antagonize and to provoke the locals to violence. He further stated that he believed that the ultimate goal is to inflame the local citizens to such a point martial law will be declared.

I’m kinda boggled at trusting anyone at DHS; hence, my hopes that Mr. Johnson might corroborate this allegation. On the other hand, such an agenda explains why the FPD sat on a surveillance tape for six days that purports to show Michael Brown shoplifting moments before he died. As I mentioned yesterday, it’s intensely curious that the cops, who have endured a week of withering scorn (and rightfully so) for Mr. Brown’s murder, never so much as hinted at, let alone released, a videotape that would go a long ways towards justifying their kill in some minds. “Small minds,” I should say, the sort that insist on interpreting the events in Ferguson as a racial issue rather than as the predictable result of Progressive politics and tyranny.

Meanwhile, if the DHS is indeed orchestrating events in Ferguson, I wonder whether Al Sharpton, last seen on the payroll of the FBI, is once again collaborating. How I long for the day when one of the State’s black victims stands up to this charlatan and refuses to help him exploit other people’s grief.

11:36 am on August 19, 2014
    There is no spoon.

Here's where the narrative suddenly changes, so watch closely at this point. The problem (from the gov't POV) is that the country was waking up to the consequences of police militarization. For a week or more, we've had real reporting on the situation from the MSM - huge problem. The original strategy was to allow the looting, in hopes that it would become a red herring from the real issue, and get people to clamor for more "law and order". That didn't work, and the MSM continued to report. Next, they tried to intimidate the reporters with tear gas and arrests, and that hasn't worked either. Now, the strategy is to kick the propaganda machine into overdrive, and try to convince people that this is all about race. This serves the dual purpose of distracting from the real issue, and getting people fighting amongst themselves. You will suddenly now see less real reporting on actual events, the discussion of the real issue will suddenly vanish, and those things will be replaced by racial type discussion propaganda.
    I have an autographed copy of Revolution: A Manifesto for sale. Mint condition, inquire within. (I don't sign in often, so please allow plenty of time for a response)

Quote Originally Posted by invisible View Post
    Here's where the narrative suddenly changes, so watch closely at this point. The problem (from the gov't POV) is that the country was waking up to the consequences of police militarization. For a week or more, we've had real reporting on the situation from the MSM - huge problem. The original strategy was to allow the looting, in hopes that it would become a red herring from the real issue, and get people to clamor for more "law and order". That didn't work, and the MSM continued to report. Next, they tried to intimidate the reporters with tear gas and arrests, and that hasn't worked either. Now, the strategy is to kick the propaganda machine into overdrive, and try to convince people that this is all about race. This serves the dual purpose of distracting from the real issue, and getting people fighting amongst themselves. You will suddenly now see less real reporting on actual events, the discussion of the real issue will suddenly vanish, and those things will be replaced by racial type discussion propaganda.
    It is still a big win that it got out there. The "militarization of police" message has been in development for a while, and this event helped to put it in a nice package that just about everyone picked up. They tried it after the Boston bombing, but people weren't ready for it back then, and IMO it wasn't the best event to try to put it out.

It may not be front and center anymore, but it will change the way the feds do business with the police. It's not enough to stop it yet, but it will slow down what the PDs are getting, and make a shorter list of situations where they use the stuff.

Yup. No supply lines or fast food establishments along the way. You're safe.
    They also have zero marksmanship skills due to their gangsta sideways shooting style and lack of discipline. Also, they aren't able to move quickly without tripping over their pants.

Page 34 of 47 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast