Page 45 of 47 FirstFirst ... 354344454647 LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,350 of 1390

Thread: Eyewitness to Michael Brown Shooting Recounts His Friend’s Death in Ferguson, MO

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    The video has testimony that stated that Brown ran back at Wilson. It's clear as day.

Are you that obtuse? Why does Brown have to be a boyscout to you?
    I don't understand. I have reviewed the transcript and the video several times, and I don't see how you got 'running' out of it past his initial fleeing. "Coming back towards" does not automatically imply 'running,' particularly if he turned around to walk back into drawn pistols. Maybe he was running maybe he wasn't, but you really can't imply either way from this video, so far as I can see.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by NorthCarolinaLiberty View Post
    So, it actually looks like the amateur transcriptionist at the website Conservative Treehouse transposed part of a phrase, which is actually part of a phrase that appears later.

He transcribes:

"#2 The police kept dumpin on him, and I’m thinking the police kept missing – he like – be like – but he kept coming toward him."

The second guy who transcribed seems to be more accurate when he transcribes this:

"#2 The police kept dumpin on him, and I’m thinking the police kept missing – he like – be like – (inaudible)."

The second transcriber appears to correctly place the phrase when he transcribes:

"#2 Then the next thing I know he coming back toward him cus – the police had his gun drawn already on him –"

It appears to me that the Conservative Treehouse transcriber is merely filling in the gaps for words that are inaudible, or (to me) words that are altogether different.

In other words, the Conservative Treehouse transcriber's words suggest that Brown is advancing on Wilson as Wilson is firing; however, the second transcriber's words suggest that Brown is coming back toward Wilson BECAUSE Wilson already had his gun drawn.

The first transcription might appear that Brown is undeterred by gunfire, while the second transcription might appear that Brown is surrendering because Wilson had his gun on him.
    This was my impression of the transcript, yes. That he was surrendering because the police had already drawn their weapons. Au says the transcript makes it clear that he was charging the police, but I review it over and over and I just don't see it.

At Ferguson March, Call for Labor Day Highway Protest

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/08/31/us...y-protest.html

FERGUSON, Mo. — Activists on Saturday called for mass civil disobedience on the highways in and around this St. Louis suburb to protest the killing of an unarmed black teenager by a white police officer, with the leaders of one coalition encouraging supporters to stop their cars to tie up traffic on Labor Day.

The announcement came at a peaceful if at times tense march and rally on Saturday that drew more than 1,000 demonstrators to some of the same Ferguson streets where the police clashed with protesters in the days after the killing of Michael Brown. Mr. Brown, 18, was shot Aug. 9 by Officer Darren Wilson of the Ferguson Police Department, and his bloody body lay on Canfield Drive for about four and a half hours before it was removed.

Organizers at the rally on Saturday called on demonstrators to drive on Interstate 70 and other area highways at 4:30 p.m. Monday, turn their hazard lights on and stop their vehicles for four and a half minutes to symbolize those four and a half hours that Mr. Brown’s body lay in the middle of the street.

“We’re going to tie it down, going to lock it down,” Anthony Shahid, one of the lead organizers of the rally, told supporters from the stage at a Ferguson park. “I want the highways shut down. I know it’s a holiday, but it won’t be no good holiday.”

Mr. Shahid’s announcement was met with applause by many of the marchers, but it was unclear how many people would take part. Only a few hundred demonstrators were in the park when Mr. Shahid made the announcement. It was also unclear what the authorities planned to do in response to the civil disobedience plan.

It does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds. -Samuel Adams

I think it was the same group who did it in Houston last summer:

Quote Originally Posted by orenbus View Post
    Officer resigns over threats at Ferguson protest
    http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/n...ters/14816001/
    a gypsy, you'll see.

While saying he was not condoning Albers' behavior, Chief Aaron Jiminez told the paper that Albers' raising his semiautomatic weapon was "totally justifiable." He said that protesters had thrown urine and water at Albers and that he had seen someone with a gun and heard gunfire.

Albers reacted the way he did because he got scared as the crowd appeared to close in on him, the chief explained.

Nonetheless, Jiminez said, "I'm not condoning his behavior whatsoever. It's very hard because he is a good friend, he was a good boss. Altogether it's going to be a black eye on the city of St. Ann because he represented our department."

^^^^^^
    Last edited by aGameOfThrones; 08-30-2014 at 06:26 PM.
    "IF GOD DIDN'T WANT TO HELP AMERICA, THEN WE WOULD HAVE Hillary Clinton"!!
    "let them search you,touch you,violate your Rights,just don't be a dick!"~ cdc482
    "For Wales. Why Richard, it profits a man nothing to give his soul for the whole world. But for Wales?"
    All my life I've been at the mercy of men just following orders... Never again!~Erik Lehnsherr
    There's nothing wrong with stopping people randomly, especially near bars, restaurants etc.~Velho

Quote Originally Posted by CPUd View Post

Cyrus?

Quote Originally Posted by aGameOfThrones View Post
    He wasn't a traffic cop, he had lieutenant grade rank and pay, the captain and chief are probably thinking how is this going to reflect on our decision to promote him or in general just keep him around? They had to make some sort of defense argument in case it comes back to bite them later, after all you would think a lieutenant would be able to deal with the situation better than the sergeant who came up next to him and suggested he lower his weapon.
    It does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds. -Samuel Adams

Still going through this story while making dinner so haven't gotten all the details or watched entire video yet, but in case anyone is curious.

EXCLUSIVE: St. Louis Police Officer Blows the Whistle on Rampant Corruption Within the Department
    http://thefreethoughtproject.com/sus...on-department/

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.

New witnesses being reported on which seem to give a clearer picture. Construction workers from another county.

Almost all of the witnesses who shared these accounts with media either knew Brown; lived at or near the Canfield Green apartments, where the shooting occurred; or were visiting friends or relatives there.

But there were two outsiders who happened to be working outside at the apartment complex on Aug. 9 — two men from a company in Jefferson County — who heard a single gunshot, looked up from their work and witnessed the shooting.

Both have given their statements to the St. Louis County police and the FBI. One of the men agreed to share his account with a Post-Dispatch reporter on the condition that his name and employer not be used.

His account largely matches those who reported that Wilson chased Brown on foot away from the car after the initial gunshot and fired at least one more shot in the direction of Brown as he was fleeing; that Brown stopped, turned around and put his hands up; and that the officer killed Brown in a barrage of gunfire.

But his account does little to clarify perhaps the most critical moment of the confrontation, on which members of the grand jury in St. Louis County may focus to determine whether the officer was justified in using lethal force: whether Brown moved toward Wilson just before the fatal shots, and if he did, how aggressively.

About a half-hour later, the worker heard a gunshot. Then he saw Brown running away from a police car. Wilson trailed about 10 to 15 feet behind, gun in hand. About 90 feet away from the car, the worker said, Wilson fired another shot at Brown, whose back was turned.

The worker said Brown stumbled and then stopped, put his hands up, turned around and said, “OK, OK, OK, OK, OK.” He said he told investigators from the St. Louis County police and the FBI that because of the stumble, it seemed to him that Brown had been wounded.

Wilson, gun drawn, also stopped about 10 feet in front of Brown, the worker said.

Then Brown moved, the worker said. “He’s kind of walking back toward the cop.” He said Brown’s hands were still up.

Wilson began backing up as he fired, the worker said.

After the third shot, Brown’s hands started going down, and he moved about 25 feet toward Wilson, who kept backing away and firing. The worker said he could not tell from where he watched — about 50 feet away — if Brown’s motion toward Wilson after the shots was “a stumble to the ground” or “OK, I’m going to get you, you’re already shooting me.”

The co-worker in the KTVI interview said he “starting hearing pops and when I look over … I seen somebody staggering and running. And when he finally caught himself he threw his hands up and started screaming, ‘OK, OK, OK, OK, OK, OK.’”

He said the officer “didn’t say, ‘Get on the ground.’ He didn’t say anything. At first his gun was down and then he … got about 8 to 10 feet away from him … I heard six, seven shots … it seemed like seven. Then he put his gun down. That’s when Michael stumbled forward. I’d say about 25 feet or so and then fell right on his face.”

No witness has ever publicly claimed that Brown charged at Wilson. The worker interviewed by the Post-Dispatch disputed claims by Wilson’s defenders that Brown was running full speed at the officer.

“I don’t know if he was going after him or if he was falling down to die,” he said. “It wasn’t a bull rush.”
    http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/c...cee622c29.html
    Last edited by ronpaulhawaii; 09-06-2014 at 08:56 PM.
    Don't let others get you down. Not naysayers, not pretenders, not appeasers, not opportunists; none of em.

What others do pales beside what YOU do.

Press on! - The r3VOLution continues...

"Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence.Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful people with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'press on' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race."

~ C.Coolidge

Also in Ferguson tonight...

The Blood of Children Spilled On Our Streets Challenge

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0Bwd7...lUTEFadE0/edit
    Don't let others get you down. Not naysayers, not pretenders, not appeasers, not opportunists; none of em.

What others do pales beside what YOU do.

Press on! - The r3VOLution continues...

"Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence.Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful people with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'press on' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race."

~ C.Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by CPUd View Post
    I think it was the same group who did it in Houston last summer:

Morons.
    ...but when the trumpets blew again and the knights charged, the name they cried was "Stannis! Stannis! STANNIS!"

Quote Originally Posted by ronpaulhawaii View Post
    New witnesses being reported on which seem to give a clearer picture. Construction workers from another county.

Someone on this thread is not going to like that.....
    "let them search you,touch you,violate your Rights,just don't be a dick!"~ cdc482
    "For Wales. Why Richard, it profits a man nothing to give his soul for the whole world. But for Wales?"
    All my life I've been at the mercy of men just following orders... Never again!~Erik Lehnsherr
    There's nothing wrong with stopping people randomly, especially near bars, restaurants etc.~Velho

Quote Originally Posted by COpatriot View Post
    Morons.
    Yes -- better to write strongly worded letters of discontent. And vote. That will change things ...

Almost all of the witnesses who shared these accounts with media either knew Brown; lived at or near the Canfield Green apartments, where the shooting occurred; or were visiting friends or relatives there.

But there were two outsiders who happened to be working outside at the apartment complex on Aug. 9 — two men from a company in Jefferson County — who heard a single gunshot, looked up from their work and witnessed the shooting.

Both have given their statements to the St. Louis County police and the FBI. One of the men agreed to share his account with a Post-Dispatch reporter on the condition that his name and employer not be used.

His account largely matches those who reported that Wilson chased Brown on foot away from the car after the initial gunshot and fired at least one more shot in the direction of Brown as he was fleeing; that Brown stopped, turned around and put his hands up; and that the officer killed Brown in a barrage of gunfire.

But his account does little to clarify perhaps the most critical moment of the confrontation, on which members of the grand jury in St. Louis County may focus to determine whether the officer was justified in using lethal force: whether Brown moved toward Wilson just before the fatal shots, and if he did, how aggressively.

About a half-hour later, the worker heard a gunshot. Then he saw Brown running away from a police car. Wilson trailed about 10 to 15 feet behind, gun in hand. About 90 feet away from the car, the worker said, Wilson fired another shot at Brown, whose back was turned.

The worker said Brown stumbled and then stopped, put his hands up, turned around and said, “OK, OK, OK, OK, OK.” He said he told investigators from the St. Louis County police and the FBI that because of the stumble, it seemed to him that Brown had been wounded.

Wilson, gun drawn, also stopped about 10 feet in front of Brown, the worker said.

Then Brown moved, the worker said. “He’s kind of walking back toward the cop.” He said Brown’s hands were still up.

Wilson began backing up as he fired, the worker said.

After the third shot, Brown’s hands started going down, and he moved about 25 feet toward Wilson, who kept backing away and firing. The worker said he could not tell from where he watched — about 50 feet away — if Brown’s motion toward Wilson after the shots was “a stumble to the ground” or “OK, I’m going to get you, you’re already shooting me.”

The co-worker in the KTVI interview said he “starting hearing pops and when I look over … I seen somebody staggering and running. And when he finally caught himself he threw his hands up and started screaming, ‘OK, OK, OK, OK, OK, OK.’”

He said the officer “didn’t say, ‘Get on the ground.’ He didn’t say anything. At first his gun was down and then he … got about 8 to 10 feet away from him … I heard six, seven shots … it seemed like seven. Then he put his gun down. That’s when Michael stumbled forward. I’d say about 25 feet or so and then fell right on his face.”

No witness has ever publicly claimed that Brown charged at Wilson. The worker interviewed by the Post-Dispatch disputed claims by Wilson’s defenders that Brown was running full speed at the officer.

“I don’t know if he was going after him or if he was falling down to die,” he said. “It wasn’t a bull rush.”
    The following link is a video showing what are believed to be the 2 workers mentioned from the Post Dispatch article. Both are white with one expressing apparent frustration over how Michael was shot with his hands up. HT Leon Beard.

http://instagram.com/p/riPFZ8oeQy/

If anyone knows how to embed this I would appreciate it.
    On Trump:
    How conservative Republicans can continue to support this arrogant imposter—the man who brags about inflicting the world with the Covid mark of the beast; the man who said, “Take the guns first, go through due process second”; and the man who deliberately played and then set up Stewart Rhodes (of course, Stewart was all too eager to be Trump’s patsy) for an 18-year prison sentence—is truly beyond my comprehension.” Chuck Baldwin

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Last edited by orenbus; 09-11-2014 at 06:53 AM.

Last edited by orenbus; 09-11-2014 at 06:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ronpaulhawaii View Post

That link didn't work for me. This one did.

http://fox2now.com/2014/09/08/two-je...rown-shooting/

There's video as well. You can't see the face of the construction worker, but he sounds white. I know, I know, I should be "color blind" and all that crap, but race and class all over this story. The fact that someone who's not a black welfare recipient is backing up the narrative that Brown had his hands up when he was shot is very significant.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    That link didn't work for me. This one did.

http://fox2now.com/2014/09/08/two-je...rown-shooting/

There's video as well. You can't see the face of the construction worker, but he sounds white. I know, I know, I should be "color blind" and all that crap, but race and class all over this story. The fact that someone who's not a black welfare recipient is backing up the narrative that Brown had his hands up when he was shot is very significant.
    Separate thread here but:
    Quote Originally Posted by orenbus View Post
    Also as a side note although it really shouldn't matter, I know to some out there it does, the contract worker witnesses just interviewed are White and don't live in Ferguson.
    http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...ene-(Ferguson)

HTH...
    We will be known forever by the tracks we leave. - Dakota

Go Forward With Courage

When you are in doubt, be still, and wait;
    when doubt no longer exists for you, then go forward with courage.
    So long as mists envelop you, be still;
    be still until the sunlight pours through and dispels the mists
    -- as it surely will.
    Then act with courage.

Ponca Chief White Eagle

Last edited by orenbus; 09-13-2014 at 07:20 AM.

Thanks for posting the video orenbus. This should lay to rest the agenda of the scum that are trying to muddy the waters with false claims and 1/2 truths that Brown was bull rushing the Gestapo agent. To top it off, in the video, one of the witnesses even went on to describe a come to Jesus moment with one of the men and Brown digging trenches prior to Brown being killed. The shooting of Mike Brown was no more than a execution of a man trying to give himself up, by an agent of the corrupt state. Those that were spreading lies on this thread...shame the $#@! out of you.
    On Trump:
    How conservative Republicans can continue to support this arrogant imposter—the man who brags about inflicting the world with the Covid mark of the beast; the man who said, “Take the guns first, go through due process second”; and the man who deliberately played and then set up Stewart Rhodes (of course, Stewart was all too eager to be Trump’s patsy) for an 18-year prison sentence—is truly beyond my comprehension.” Chuck Baldwin

????

Hmm...
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

As more and more details come to light, IMO it becomes clearer
    that post-store-theft adrenaline probably fueled/triggered the
    initial verbal then physical altercation between the two men.
    A huge mistake in professional judgment was made within that
    two second pause before the final series of gunshots resulting
    in Brown's death (murdered for earlier physical contact with cop).

+++

Facing police while looking up with sad puppy dog eyes has
    been known to cause the officer's gun to suddenly discharge,
    execution style.

Instead of raising up his hands and turning around to surrender
    while saying, "OK, OK, OK, OK, OK, OK", maybe it would
    have been more effective to have faced away, kneeling with
    raised hands while saying, "Please don't shoot me. OK, OK
    I give up. Please don't execute me! I surrender..."

or, just try to keep running, faster than those speeding bullets.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SJ2hJezvd2I

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by donnay View Post
    ... Hmm...
    THANKS Donnay [Regarding that PROOF VIDEO You tube]

Wow, I do agree that it seems MOST of the post-shooting events
    are planned/staged/orchestrated and are not "natural" reactions.

Smells like a SLOW overcooked, pre-planned agenda that's been
    brewing for decades. It stinks.
    Last edited by FindLiberty; 09-13-2014 at 10:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by donnay View Post

????

Hmm...
    This video should be in its own thread.

In Hot Topics.

Quote Originally Posted by FindLiberty View Post
    As more and more details come to light, IMO it becomes clearer
    that post-store-theft adrenaline probably fueled/triggered the
    initial verbal then physical altercation between the two men.
    A huge mistake in professional judgment was made within that
    two second pause before the final series of gunshots resulting
    in Brown's death (murdered for earlier physical contact with cop).

+++

Facing police while looking up with sad puppy dog eyes has
    been known to cause the officer's gun to suddenly discharge,
    execution style.

Instead of raising up his hands and turning around to surrender
    while saying, "OK, OK, OK, OK, OK, OK", maybe it would
    have been more effective to have faced away, kneeling with
    raised hands while saying, "Please don't shoot me. OK, OK
    I give up. Please don't execute me! I surrender..."

or, just try to keep running, faster than those speeding bullets.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SJ2hJezvd2I

nope. contempt of cop was the catalyst for the execution.

They're still getting uppity ...

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...#ixzz3DZt83R87

Ferguson government meeting marked by angry protests — again
    Ferguson protesters chant "Arrest Darren Wilson!" during at a meeting of the St. Louis County Council on Tuesday, Sept. 16, 2014 in Clayton.
    By Cheryl K. Chumley - The Washington Times - Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Angry protesters disrupted a local government gathering of Ferguson authorities, shouting for justice for fatally shot 18-year-old Michael Brown — the second time St. Louis residents have staged such an outburst at an official meeting in a week’s time.

Protesters erupted at Ferguson City Council’s first meeting since Brown’s death just a week ago, But the same tone took over Tuesday’s meeting of St. Louis County Council members, with crowd members banding together and shouting, “For all — justice for all,” and emphasizing the “for all,” CBS News reported.

“It’s no more business as usual,” said one activist

snip

St. Louis County chief defends militarization of police
    http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/n...tion/15736907/

CHICAGO - St. Louis County's top police officer said on Tuesday that the heavy-armored trucks and some of the military-style equipment used by police in last month's unrest in Ferguson helped keep civilians and law enforcement officers safe.

Grand jury considering Ferguson shooting gets more time, could consider case until January
    http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/p...until-january/

Page 45 of 47 FirstFirst ... 354344454647 LastLast