Page 40 of 47 FirstFirst ... 303839404142 ... LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,200 of 1390

Thread: Eyewitness to Michael Brown Shooting Recounts His Friend’s Death in Ferguson, MO

Interesting exchange, at time stamp 14:20 in this video, this woman expresses disgust that Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson came to Ferguson. Talks about how Celebrities and Politicians introducing themselves muddies up the issue with unneeded politics.

It does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds. -Samuel Adams

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    The other shoe is going to drop when Brown's juvenile record is revealed. A court already sealed it for now.
    Why certainly because his juvie record should be all that is needed to exonerate all of the police behavior since this incident occurred. Were it not for what Brown did as a child they would never have arrested journalists after walking them into things or fired on protesters with their hands in the air...

It does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds. -Samuel Adams

Reporter here covers one event as the looting occurred, had not seen this before.

Last edited by orenbus; 08-22-2014 at 01:18 PM.

//
    Last edited by orenbus; 08-22-2014 at 02:12 PM.

8. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Inside The World Of White Ferguson On Facebook
    The exchanges of predominately white commenters reveal frustration, and a deep cultural divide.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/ellievhall/i...on-on-facebook

The public Facebook group “Ferguson, Missouri Friends & Neighbors,” is an interesting window into the conversation some residents are having about the unrest in their town.

After the shooting death of Michael Brown, the usual community announcements gave way to an active forum for discussing — and criticizing — the attention Ferguson is receiving.

The members of the group are not exclusively white, but white Ferguson residents appear to make up the bulk of the comments on the page.

more at link:
    http://www.buzzfeed.com/ellievhall/i...on-on-facebook

A number of interesting points in this Ben Swann interview including militarization, how Al Sharpton is a charlatan, and reports now that the military has halted giving MRAP to police because of the strong possibility of the United States going back into Iraq to deal with ISIS.

Last edited by orenbus; 08-22-2014 at 03:17 PM.

SO MY QUESTION IS WHERE DID FERGUSON AND ALL THE TOWNS ACROSS THE COUNTRY GET THIER MRAPs FROM IF NOT THE MILITARY?!?!?!111

And if they are not getting it highly discounted from the military then how much are they spending on the MRAPs vs. lets say getting dash cams in the cruisers, police body cams, training, retention, and other approaches that go about preventing long drawn out controversy such as what is going on today. I'm wondering now if this military spokesperson is carefully choosing his words as he speaks about Ferguson and perhaps not St. Louis County?
    Last edited by orenbus; 08-22-2014 at 05:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by orenbus View Post
    A number of interesting points in this Ben Swann interview including militarization, how Al Sharpton is a charlatan,
    I don't know if the clown in the video (the black guy, not Swann) has an actual job other than flapping his gums, but he did not give equal time to Dana Loesch with his Al Sharpton comment. Loesch, the national talk radio host, could also be called a charlatan by giving air time to an anonymous caller who gave a third hand account of the Brown-Wilson incident.

This Armstrong fellow (black guy being interviewed by Swann) talks about Sharpton fanning the flames, but he did not talk about the flames fanned by the anonymous caller on the Loesch show. The anonymous caller's account is looking more and more unraveled, as eyewitnesses publicly state versions that are not matching up with her account.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    ...I believe that when the government is capable of doing a thing, it will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Influenza View Post
    which one of yall fuckers wrote the "ron paul" racist news letters
    Quote Originally Posted by Dforkus View Post
    Zippy's posts are a great contribution.

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members

St. Louis Area Cop Thinks Protesters Should Be ‘Put Down Like Rabid Dogs’

A police officer just 15 miles away from the ongoing protests in Ferguson, Mo. allegedly said he thinks the protesters should have been “put down like rabid dogs.”

Officer Matthew Pappert is a police officer with the Glendale Police Department. He has been an officer since 2008. Pappert received the 2009 City of Glendale Community Service Award and the 2013 Kirkwood American Legion Post and Kirkwood Optimist Club Public Safety Award.

He also apparently holds contempt against the protesters in Ferguson, according to screenshots obtained by The Daily Caller.

In a series of Facebook posts beginning Aug. 17, Pappert allegedly wrote, “I’m sick of these protesters. You are a burden on society and a blight on the community.”

“These protesters should have been put down like a rabid dog the first night,” he said in a later comment on the same post.

Glendale Police Chief Jeff Beaton said the Facebook page seems by all accounts to be Pappert.

“I’m shocked to be quite honest,” he told TheDC. “I wouldn’t expect any of my officers to make any kind of posts related directly to this incident since it doesn’t involve our agency. Again those are personal posts and they absolutely do not reflect the City of Glendale.”

Beaton also said that if events like Ferguson were to happen in Glendale, Pappert would likely be a responder.

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2014/08/22/st...ke-rabid-dogs/

/sigh

17. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Let's also not forget that cops plant evidence.

Information is missing because it has been redacted.

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members

SO MY QUESTION IS WHERE DID FERGUSON AND ALL THE TOWNS ACROSS THE COUNTRY GET THIER MRAPs FROM IF NOT THE MILITARY?!?!?!111

And if they are not getting it highly discounted from the military then how much are they spending on the MRAPs vs. lets say getting dash cams in the cruisers, police body cams, training, retention, and other approaches that go about preventing long drawn out controversy such as what is going on today. I'm wondering now if this military spokesperson is carefully choosing his words as he speaks about Ferguson and perhaps not St. Louis County?
    They got all the APCs and assault rifles from the past 20 years from the looting of the terrorists at Waco, of course. What a haul that was!

26. Remove this section of ads by registering.

The end of that video is very funny. There is some dunce on Fox News who says, ..."eyewitnesses say that Michael Brown charged at him [Wilson]." I have to wonder if the eyewitnesses to which Fox refers is the anonymous woman who got air time on the Dana Loesch radio show. I wonder if Fox News knows the difference between an eyewitness and a third hand hearsay account from Wilson's significant other.

Or, maybe Fox News got their story from that amateur transcription of the aftermath video-audio. That's the video-audio where people misread the transcription. Seems they read the word "running" and took that to mean that Brown must have be running toward Wilson rather than running away.

According to eyewitness Michael Brady, Brown is 20-25 feet away from Wilson when Brown falls dead to the pavement. Brady states that he misses about 5 seconds of the interaction between the time he is at his window and the time he runs outside. Could that be the 5 seconds that Brown had his hands in the air, as publicly stated by at least two eyewitnesses?

I'm guessing that three points of contention in any possible trial would be the position of Brown's arms (hands up), Brown's movement, and whether Wilson shot at a fleeing Brown.

The first issue of hands up can be muddled by discussing how high hands were raised and for how long. If Brown lowers an arm at any point because he was convulsing from wounds, then Wilson can claim he thought Brown was reaching for a weapon.

The second point will be whether Brown froze or whether he moved toward Wilson. If he moves toward Wilson, then how fast does he move? How many steps does he take? How far away is he from Wilson?

The third point might be the most difficult for the defense. Do they just deny that Wilson took any shots at a fleeing Brown? Will they contend that Wilson fired upon Brown because Brown instantly turned around and there was a moment between the turning and the hands being raised?

Another issue would be redactions in Wilson's account, but this will be sidestepped.

I could see the preponderance of evidence resulting in a trial; however, the issues above can be easily addressed by an attorney. There is also the consideration that any prosecution will not be terribly vigorous. The prosecutor will simply ask each witness his account of the events. If you're sitting in the courtroom, then it might be difficult, at times, to distinguish between the "state's" case and the defense case.

This case could probably be handled by a halfway competent defense attorney. Wilson is likely acquitted.

I'm totally guessing, but I could see this above being the result.

He seems to be assuming certain things happened.
    Last edited by CPUd; 08-23-2014 at 04:27 PM.

Last edited by orenbus; 08-23-2014 at 04:45 PM.

35. Remove this section of ads by registering.
Page 40 of 47 FirstFirst ... 303839404142 ... LastLast