Page 1 of 47 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Eyewitness to Michael Brown Shooting Recounts His Friend’s Death in Ferguson, MO

Eyewitness to Michael Brown Shooting Recounts His Friend’s Death in Ferguson, MO

Here is an account of what happened to Mike Brown, from the man he was walking with. The whole thing was also supposedly seen by two people in a car, so it should be interesting if the stories all match up. Of course, those two may be "hood rats" too -- if so, they won't be believed either.

If true, it sounds like an execution for contempt of cop, and that the cop attacked first. Though I guess of course most would say that when a cop attacks you should just immediately go limp and let him have his way -- comply or die.

http://www.msnbc.com/msnbc/eyewitnes...oting-missouri

snip

About 20 minutes before the shooting, Johnson said he saw Brown walking down the street and decided to catch up with him. The two walked and talked. That’s when Johnson says they saw the police car rolling up to them.

The officer demanded that the two “get the f—k on the sidewalk,” Johnson says. “His exact words were get the f—k on the sidewalk.”

After telling the officer that they were almost at their destination, Johnson’s house, the two continued walking. But as they did, Johnson says the officer slammed his brakes and threw his truck in reverse, nearly hitting them.

Now, in line with the officer’s driver’s side door, they could see the officer’s face. They heard him say something to the effect of, “what’d you say?” At the same time, Johnson says the officer attempted to thrust his door open but the door slammed into Brown and bounced closed. Johnson says the officer, with his left hand, grabbed Brown by the neck.

“I could see the muscles in his forearm,” Johnson said. “Mike was trying to get away from being choked.”

“They’re not wrestling so much as his arm went from his throat to now clenched on his shirt,” Johnson explained of the scene between Brown and the officer. “It’s like tug of war. He’s trying to pull him in. He’s pulling away, that’s when I heard, ‘I’m gonna shoot you.’”

At that moment, Johnson says he fixed his gaze on the officer to see if he was pulling a stun gun or a real gun. That’s when he saw the muzzle of the officer’s gun.

“I seen the barrel of the gun pointed at my friend,” he said. “He had it pointed at him and said ‘I’ll shoot,’ one more time.”

A second later Johnson said he heard the first shot go off.

“I seen the fire come out of the barrell,” he said. “I could see so vividly what was going on because I was so close.”

Johnson says he was within arm’s reach of both Brown and the officer. He looked over at Brown and saw blood pooling through his shirt on the right side of the body.

“The whole time [the officer] was holding my friend until the gun went off,” Johnson noted.

Brown and Johnson took off running together. There were three cars lined up along the side of the street. Johnson says he ducked behind the first car, whose two passengers were screaming. Crouching down a bit, he watched Brown run past.

“Keep running, bro!,” he said Brown yelled. Then Brown yelled it a second time. Those would be the last words Johnson’s friend, “Big Mike,” would ever say to him.

Brown made it past the third car. Then, “blam!” the officer took his second shot, striking Brown in the back. At that point, Johnson says Brown stopped, turned with his hands up and said “I don’t have a gun, stop shooting!”

By that point, Johnson says the officer and Brown were face-to-face. The officer then fired several more shots. Johnson described watching Brown go from standing with his hands up to crumbling to the ground and curling into a fetal position.

“After seeing my friend get gunned down, my body just ran,” he said. He ran to his apartment nearby. Out of breath, shocked and afraid, Johnson says he went into the bathroom and vomited. Then he checked to make sure that he hadn’t also been shot.

Five minutes later, Johnson emerged from his apartment to see his friend Mike dead and in the middle of the street. Neighbors were gathering, some shouting, some taking pictures with their cell phones.

Freeman Bosley, Johnson’s attorney, told msnbc that the police have yet to interview Johnson. Bosley said that he offered the police an opportunity to speak with Johnson, but they declined.

They didn’t even want to talk to him,” said Bosley, a former mayor of St. Louis. “They don’t want the facts. What they want is to justify what happened … what they are trying to do now is justify what happened instead of trying to point out the wrong. Something is wrong here and that’s what it is.”

snip
    Last edited by SeanTX; 08-12-2014 at 07:41 AM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    These are things you have to deal with to get roads built, it sucks but there is no other way. Without police we would wander aimlessly about bumping into trees and eat bugs and grass. It's the roads, we need the roads. Government=rooooads.

Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

I have a hard time believing a police officer shot someone 8 times with no provocation. Especially these days in a racially charged neighborhood. This simply does not pass the logic test, when you consider the potential fallout. I think we need more eyewitness testimony or further corroboration.
    Last edited by AuH20; 08-12-2014 at 08:32 AM.

Supporting Member
    Phoenix, AZ

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    I have a hard time believing a police officer shot someone 8 times with no provocation. Especially these days in a racially charged neighborhood. This simply does not pass the logic test, when you consider the potential fallout. I think we need more eyewitness testimony or further corroboration.
    What is not logical? The cop has nothing to fear except a paid vacation while the department clears him of any wrongdoing. He knows this is the result, we all do. Even if the incident we filmed, he would still get the benefit of the doubt that he was in fear for his safety or some other bull$#@!. The logic is that the cop has a 1 in 1000 chance of getting fired so the risk is almost non-existent.

The only provocation a cop needs is a look of contempt from the citizen.

Provocation is not a risk to the cops life.

The potential fallout has now resulted in looting and destruction, but has any of it come to the cops home?

Logic need not apply with cops and their guns.
    Citizen of Arizona
    @cleaner4d4

I am a libertarian. I am advocating everyone enjoy maximum freedom on both personal and economic issues as long as they do not bring violence unto others.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleaner44 View Post
    What is not logical? The cop has nothing to fear except a paid vacation while the department clears him of any wrongdoing. He knows this is the result, we all do. Even if the incident we filmed, he would still get the benefit of the doubt that he was in fear for his safety or some other bull$#@!. The logic is that the cop has a 1 in 1000 chance of getting fired so the risk is almost non-existent.

The only provocation a cop needs is a look of contempt from the citizen.

Provocation is not a risk to the cops life.

The potential fallout has now resulted in looting and destruction, but has any of it come to the cops home?

Logic need not apply with cops and their guns.
    I think that is a ridiculous insinuation. Cops generally don't unload their weapon without a reason, despite being sanctimonious $#@!s. I have a hard time believing that this police officer shot Brown for the selective reasons outlined by this "witness." It does not make any sense. You don't risk your job to play out homicidal fantasies in such a racially charged environment. Management will throw this guy to the wolves if he indeed is at fault, since they would want to absolve themselves of all blame. Now there is a slight chance that this cop could be a sociopath or a drug user, which could explain more but I'll be waiting for the investigation. One does not simply shoot a unarmed black teen with no provocation in broad daylight. Something occurred (which is believed to be an altercation escalated either by Brown or someone else) before the fatal moment.
    Last edited by AuH20; 08-12-2014 at 09:07 AM.

Cops generally don't unload their weapon without a reason, .
    BULL$#@!

Just a few examples.. There are tons more.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    BULL$#@!

The first photo, that truck was shot due to mistaken identity (not justifying it). The second was a result of the camper going for a knife (not justifying their use of lethal force). The third was an assassination in a war setting (completely overboard) . Do you really think that cops just shoot without a reason? Because it feels good? LOL Sure, they are making very poor judgements in those two instances, but they generally do not engage unless there is a reason. The lesson? Don't provoke unless you are willing to counter them.
    Last edited by AuH20; 08-12-2014 at 09:45 AM.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Another opportunity to post Ian MacKaye.

What a waste. Let me guess what happens to the badge wearer...

Gulag Chief:
    "Article 58-1a, twenty five years... What did you get it for?"
    Gulag Prisoner: "For nothing at all."
    Gulag Chief: "You're lying... The sentence for nothing at all is 10 years"

If this story is to believed, this is a first-degree murder, death-penalty level.

Quote Originally Posted by thoughtomator View Post
    If this story is to believed, this is a first-degree murder, death-penalty level.
    True. But that's exactly why I am skeptical. If you're going to do this premeditated, you drag this kid into an alleyway with no witnesses. In this day and age with mobile phones, it simply defies reason.

The first photo, that truck was shot due to mistaken identity (not justifying it). The second was a result of the camper going for a knife (not justifying their use of lethal force). The third was an assassination in a war setting (completely overboard) . Do you really think that cops just shoot without a reason? Because it feels good? LOL Sure, they are making very poor judgements in those two instances, but they generally do not engage unless there is a reason. The lesson? Don't provoke unless you are willing to counter them.
    There may be "reasons", but let's not confuse that with justifications.

Officers can get pretty reckless in tense situations. Even moreso, when they create the tense situation to begin with.
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

True. But that's exactly why I am skeptical. If you're going to do this premeditated, you drag this kid into an alleyway with no witnesses. In this day and age with mobile phones, it simply defies reason.
    But the alleged murderer here is a cop in uniform, and the precedent has long been set that they are essentially immune from the law. If this cop also believed he was immune from the law, there would be no need to hide anything because he could be certain nothing would be done.

Who is a jury going to believe, a uniformed cop, or some street punk?

Really?

C'mon...you know better than that.

The provocation was "contempt of cop".

The perp was deemed guilty on scene.

The sentence of death was meted out for this most extreme of felonies.

Quote Originally Posted by thoughtomator View Post
    But the alleged murderer here is a cop in uniform, and the precedent has long been set that they are essentially immune from the law. If this cop also believed he was immune from the law, there would be no need to hide anything because he could be certain nothing would be done.

Who is a jury going to believe, a uniformed cop, or some street punk?
    I wouldn't go that far. Internal Affairs is usually very sensitive to incidents of this nature. Disciplining and outing a 'rogue cop' is often the best public relations move in which they can save face as a department.
    Last edited by AuH20; 08-12-2014 at 10:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Really?

C'mon...you know better than that.

The provocation was "contempt of cop".

The perp was deemed guilty on scene.

The sentence of death was meted out for this most extreme of felonies.
    If they were dumb enough to grab his holster, you simply chalk this one up to Darwin. It's the same reason you don't stick your hands through the bars of the tiger enclosure at the local zoo. Then again we don't have all the details. At first glance, this story does logically fit unless the cop is mentally unstable.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    You forgot just a few...

This took 30 seconds of "googling".

There are thousands more just like it, most have been posted here by me and others.

Anybody who suggests this is not a fairly common occurrence here in Soyuz AmeriKa, has not been paying close enough attention.

Cop Shoots Unarmed Man 11 Times RIP Ernesto Duenez Jr

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ins9VAo-xLY

Arizona Cops Shoot in the back and Kill Unarmed Man whose hands were in the air

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kY5Z_OFn5hs

23 Cops Shoot Unarmed Car Occupants, And Each Other, 377 Times

http://thelibertarianrepublic.com/23...#ixzz3AC75qUOa

Shooting at unarmed man, cops instead hit 9 innocent bystanders

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/08/25...olice-gunfire/

Woman killed during D.C. chase was shot five times from behind, autopsy shows

http://www.cnn.com/2014/04/08/us/miriam-carey-autopsy/

Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    BULL$#@!

If they were dumb enough to grab his holster, you simply chalk this one up to Darwin. It's the same reason you don't stick your hands through the bars of the tiger enclosure at the local zoo. Then again we don't have all the details. At first glance, this story does logically fit unless the cop is mentally unstable.
    “The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, but he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them.” --George Orwell

In terms of a full spectrum candidate, Rand is leaps and bounds above Trump. I'm not disputing that.
    Who else in public life has called for a pre-emptive strike on North Korea?--Donald Trump

Quote Originally Posted by CaptUSA View Post
    There may be "reasons", but let's not confuse that with justifications.

Officers can get pretty reckless in tense situations. Even moreso, when they create the tense situation to begin with.
    Society is becoming more and more increasingly violent & dysfunctional on plantation USA. In turn, the police have turned it up a notch, with nuance not being their strong point. We are witnessing a perfect storm of social degradation.

I'm assuming you missed a "not" in there.

Mentally unstable?

Possibly...I contend you cannot be a cop and live with yourself without being a little nuts.

But were all those other cops unstable as well?

The ones who freaked out and shot at people during the Dorner fiasco?

The ones who kill people's dogs for barking at them?

The ones who lit up Times Square and started indiscriminately blasting away at crowded city streets?

The ones who executed Miriam Carey in a hail of gunfire?

The ones who choked Eric Garner to death?

Or the ones who beat Kelly Thomas to death?

Well said. Cops don't just shoot people for no reason.

“They didn’t even want to talk to him,”
    I wouldn't either. He's clearly a liar who simply wants to damage the good reputation of police.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

I'm assuming you missed a "not" in there.

Mentally unstable?

Possibly...I contend you cannot be a cop and live with yourself without being a little nuts.

But were all those other cops unstable as well?

The ones who freaked out and shot at people during the Dorner fiasco?

The ones who kill people's dogs for barking at them?

The ones who lit up Times Square and started indiscriminately blasting away at crowded city streets?

The ones who executed Miriam Carey in a hail of gunfire?

The ones who choked Eric Garner to death?

Or the ones who beat Kelly Thomas to death?
    We have close to a million law enforcement officers in this country. Yes, there are a sizable fraction of bad apples and corruption at the top, but to surmise that your average police officers can execute without provocation is a flimsy assumption at best. Such strategies are simply not conducive to a working relationship with the local communities or municipal governments. A department wants the revenue to flow. They don't want trouble or controversy.

they got you too...

btw, a cop shot 10 times at a kid who was on the ground(their orders) with hands behind his head killing him with 2 bullets with one passing through his hand into his head.
    Last edited by aGameOfThrones; 08-12-2014 at 10:31 AM.
    "IF GOD DIDN'T WANT TO HELP AMERICA, THEN WE WOULD HAVE Hillary Clinton"!!
    "let them search you,touch you,violate your Rights,just don't be a dick!"~ cdc482
    "For Wales. Why Richard, it profits a man nothing to give his soul for the whole world. But for Wales?"
    All my life I've been at the mercy of men just following orders... Never again!~Erik Lehnsherr
    There's nothing wrong with stopping people randomly, especially near bars, restaurants etc.~Velho

From the OP:

Johnson says he understands why the tension has boiled over into violence. As the protests seeking justice in Brown’s death have grown larger and more volatile, Johnson says he has joined them.

“There are two crowds. An older crowd that wants justice but there’s anger. Then it’s the younger crowd that wants revenge but there’s anger there, too,” Johnson said. “What do you expect when something is steadily occurring and its hurting the community and nobody is speaking out or doing anything about it. I feel their anger, I feel their disgust.”

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    We have close to a million law enforcement officers in this country. Yes, there are a sizable fraction of bad apples and corruption at the top, but to surmise that your average police officers can execute without provocation is a flimsy assumption at best. Such strategies are simply not conducive to a working relationship with the local communities or municipal governments. A department wants the revenue to flow. They don't want trouble or controversy.
    Sizable fraction? You haven't been paying attention.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...e-to-say-Graph

Even if that hood rat's story is true, I just see failure to comply, resisting arrest, assault on an officer, attempted escape... 8 shots may be a bit much but don't forget this was a very dangerous neighborhood he was in, and he was facing multiple possibly armed attackers, not to mention the two possibly armed people in the car. This could have turned out a lot worse.
    Last edited by TheTexan; 08-12-2014 at 10:35 AM.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

You trollin' me bro?

Quote Originally Posted by aGameOfThrones View Post
    they got you too...

btw, a cop shot 10 times at a kid who was on the ground(their orders) with hands behind his head killing him with 2 bullets with one passing through his hand into his head.
    I've received a nightstick into the back by a group of cops. I've gotten guns drawn on me by police. Police are largely arrogant pricks but I've encountered the inner city criminal element as well. There really isn't an innocent party in all this. They truly deserve each other.

You trollin' me bro?
    Law enforcement is a racket. Revenue, pensions, overtime, salary. The path of least resistance is preferred. Sugar goes a lot farther than vinegar. There is no need to create controversies which will threaten the gravy train.

Internal Affairs is usually very sensitive to incidents of this nature.

BULL$#@!
    again.

Internal Affairs deals with covering political ass. Only rarely do they find any fault and rarer still is there ever prosecution for crimes.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Page 1 of 47 12311 ... LastLast