Thread: Is Dave Patterson (Now Officially on the ballot for Senate in KY) The Next Ron Paul?

Is Dave Patterson (Now Officially on the ballot for Senate in KY) The Next Ron Paul?

You may not be familiar with the name David Patterson, but if you care about personal liberty, free markets, and the out of control growth of the state, you should be.

Patterson’s campaign platform includes three main planks: Economic Policy, Civil Rights, and Foreign Policy. It will be very familiar to fans of a certain someone who sparked a worldwide liberty movement with his run for president in 2008, and again in 2012.

Patterson’s economic policy includes no more bailouts.

Considering the failure of the GM bailout, and the fact that the “Too Big To Fail” banks are bigger than ever, I would say this is a wise policy to embrace.

On civil rights, Patterson is about as libertarian as they come. He wants to end government spying, the drug war, and the crusade against “illegal” immigrants. He also seeks to get the government out of our personal lives and the bedroom by eliminating any ties between the state and marriage.

However, it is Patterson’s foreign policy that will remind you of Dr. Paul the most.

Patterson espouses a foreign policy of non-intervention, respect for foreign cultures, and free trade as solutions to the problem of our growing military industrial complex.

(I recently spoke with Mr Patterson via phone in a 412Libertarian exclusive interview.)

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

No, because Ron Paul was actually elected to something.

Oh neat, he's a police officer! Police officers are usually good people. He would certainly have my vote.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelDavis View Post
    You don't like him? Then he must be someone worth looking into. As a cop, his position on the WoD would be important to his success as a libertarian. Is he running as a BIG L against McConnell? Interesting.
    Last edited by devil21; 08-12-2014 at 01:57 AM.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

You've seen the future and Dave Patterson didn't win a single election? Cool story, yo

Quote Originally Posted by bxm042 View Post
    Oh neat, he's a police officer! Police officers are usually good people. He would certainly have my vote.
    Nice sarcasm.

Obviously I'm no fan of cops. You can check out my site for more on that, if you're curious. My thoughts are well documented.

But we have to agree that even though cops violate rights all the time, some violate more rights, and are more serious offenders than others. Someone who kills 2 innocent people is less dangerous than someone who doesn't kill anyone, even though the guy who hasn't killed anyone may illegitimately detain people etc.

He also will be doubt draw in some statists because his position as a cop adds legitimacy in their eyes. Lots of people trust cops, and this will help his popularity, even though that trust is badly misplaced IMO
    Last edited by 412libertarian; 08-12-2014 at 03:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by devil21 View Post
    You don't like him? Then he must be someone worth looking into. As a cop, his position on the WoD would be important to his success as a libertarian. Is he running as a BIG L against McConnell? Interesting.
    Yes he's running as a big L, against McConnell and Alison Lundergan Grimes, who's a D.

From Patterson’s campaign site :

End the drug war. Prohibition is costly, in dollars and in liberty, and unsuccessful.

His foreign policy is literally as good as Ron's:

Non-intervention. Keep our nose out of the business of other nations.

Respect other cultures. We would not want other cultures pushed onto us.

Free trade. Trade is the best way to ensure peaceful international relations.
    Last edited by 412libertarian; 08-12-2014 at 03:54 AM.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by 412libertarian View Post
    You've seen the future and Dave Patterson didn't win a single election? Cool story, yo
    Not if he stays in the Libertarian Party. They have never won a single congressional or statewide election.

Supporting Member
    Florida

Blog Entries
    Not if he stays in the Libertarian Party. They have never won a single congressional or statewide election.
    Watch that. Florida has the potential to propel one into Congress this year. FL-CD13 is between Rep. David Jolly and the Libertarian Challenger Lucas Overby. No Democrat. He's gaining support from the tea party, and democrats.

Quote Originally Posted by jeffro97 View Post
    Watch that. Florida has the potential to propel one into Congress this year. FL-CD13 is between Rep. David Jolly and the Libertarian Challenger Lucas Overby. No Democrat. He's gaining support from the tea party, and democrats.
    Major donation to Overby coming soon from a Broward native.

Quote Originally Posted by jeffro97 View Post
    Perhaps there's something I'm missing there, but typically Libertarians will pull mid-20s in a two way race. If there's as much traction as you say you're talking 65-35, which is respectable in itself, but I seriously doubt that he'll win.
    Last edited by Nathan Hale; 09-09-2014 at 09:05 PM.
    Join the Free State Project - www.freestateproject.org

Now that Rand is out - Gary Johnson 2016!

Quote Originally Posted by 412libertarian View Post
    Yes he's running as a big L, against McConnell and Alison Lundergan Grimes, who's a D.

From Patterson’s campaign site :

End the drug war. Prohibition is costly, in dollars and in liberty, and unsuccessful.

His foreign policy is literally as good as Ron's:

Non-intervention. Keep our nose out of the business of other nations.

Respect other cultures. We would not want other cultures pushed onto us.

Free trade. Trade is the best way to ensure peaceful international relations.
    And if we had approval voting he'd stand a chance. Alas, unless you have a lot of celebrity, a strong political resume with tons of prior elected experience, or a boatload of cash, you need to seek the security of one of the legacy parties. It doesn't help that the LP typically displays little political sense.
    Join the Free State Project - www.freestateproject.org

Now that Rand is out - Gary Johnson 2016!

Face it, folks - there can be no "next Ron Paul". RP is unique.

This guy sounds AWESOME. I would completely support him if I lived in KY. I do think its strange that he has the same name as the former NY governor, though