Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 6 dead in Houston, cop chase

6 dead in Houston, cop chase

6 killed in Houston-area police chase

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2014/08/11...cmp=latestnews

LEAGUE CITY, Texas – Authorities say six people have been killed, including a family of four, when an SUV speeding from police struck another vehicle southeast of Houston.

Dickinson police Capt. Jay Jaekel says 23-year-old Juan Garcia Ahuezoteco fled police Sunday night in a Dodge Durango. The Durango traveled into nearby League City where it ran a stop sign and struck a Honda Accord. Killed in the Honda were a married couple, 41-year-old Rafael Guererro and 38-year-old Alejandra Guererro, their unidentified 15-year-old son and the woman's 25-year-old brother, Gilberto Ortega Jr.

Ahuezoteco and his passenger, Alejandro Molina, also were killed.

The pursuit began when an officer in Dickinson attempted to pull over the Durango because it was operating erratically. Jaekel says Ahuezoteco was wanted on a felony count of driving while intoxicated.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Thank State the brave officers are all OK.

served and protected
    "IF GOD DIDN'T WANT TO HELP AMERICA, THEN WE WOULD HAVE Hillary Clinton"!!
    "let them search you,touch you,violate your Rights,just don't be a dick!"~ cdc482
    "For Wales. Why Richard, it profits a man nothing to give his soul for the whole world. But for Wales?"
    All my life I've been at the mercy of men just following orders... Never again!~Erik Lehnsherr
    There's nothing wrong with stopping people randomly, especially near bars, restaurants etc.~Velho

uhmm. I am usually on board with holding police accountable in these crazy cases where they do really bad illegal stuff, but just based on the info. provided this was not the polices fault. If the car was swerving due to drunk driving and they ran from the cops and killed people while intoxicated, how is that the polices fault?
    I am more and more convinced that man is a dangerous creature and that power, whether vested in many or a few, is ever grasping, and like the grave, cries, 'Give, give.'

Abigail Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Legend1104 View Post
    uhmm. I am usually on board with holding police accountable in these crazy cases where they do really bad illegal stuff, but just based on the info. provided this was not the polices fault. If the car was swerving due to drunk driving and they ran from the cops and killed people while intoxicated, how is that the polices fault?
    because police.

this was not the polices fault
    Agreed 100%. Well said.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Just wait till they get Hellcats.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

If we were to call off dangerous chases and let people escape the police then everyone would do it, and then we would have anarchy. You gotta crack some eggs to make an omelet. That guy who was running did it to that family.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by SeanTX View Post
    If we were to call off dangerous chases and let people escape the police then everyone would do it, and then we would have anarchy. You gotta crack some eggs to make an omelet. That guy who was running did it to that family.
    Well said. Couldn't agree more. +rep
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    Jaekel says Ahuezoteco was wanted on a felony count of driving while intoxicated. ... The pursuit began when an officer in Dickinson attempted to pull over the Durango because it was operating erratically.
    Drinking and driving is very dangerous and doing it could hurt innocent people, which is why it's illegal and has such extremely harsh penalties. It's a shame that he was so frightened of these penalties that he panicked and accidentally killed some innocent people as he tried to escape, but I also think that should serve as an indication of how effective these laws are. Criminals like this are supposed to be scared of the punishment for their crimes.

Fortunately this criminal will never again hurt anyone with his drinking and driving.
    - Kim Kardashian

If we were to call off dangerous chases and let people escape the police then everyone would do it, and then we would have anarchy.
    I fail to see how this would lead to the best way to let society organize. Care to expand?

You gotta crack some eggs to make an omelet. That guy who was running did it to that family.
    You're a hell of a thinker.

Knowing when not to hold Cops accountable for everything is part of the responsibility that comes with the power of being able to hold Cops responsible. Innocent until proven Guilty must apply to Cops as equally as it does the people. Although we are far to often not able to hold Cops accountable, we must lead by example and allow the truly innocent ones to go free. Being a Cop is not in and of itself a Crime. The actions that ANY person performs, whether charged with a responsibility or not is what must be considered to convict the truly Guilty.

Im not trying to apologize for the actions of the Cops that have ended the lives of so many. I will always defend those who are truly innocent, which must include some Cops and other groups that are far too often convicted by media instead of a Jury of their peers. If we were to apply the same idea of "Cop = Criminal" to all Politicans, then we would have hung Ron Paul for the accused Crime of being a Politician.

The protection of Innocense is one of the key foundations of any Free Society.
    1776 > 1984

The FAILURE of the United States Government to operate and maintain an
    Honest Money System , which frees the ordinary man from the clutches of the money manipulators, is the single largest contributing factor to the World's current Economic Crisis.

The Elimination of Privacy is the Architecture of Genocide

Belief, Money, and Violence are the three ways all people are controlled

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Our central bank is not privately owned.

Quote Originally Posted by DamianTV View Post
    Being a Cop is not in and of itself a Crime.
    Agreed 100%. The profession is founded on the principles of serving and protecting; there's nothing wrong with that.

This cop was simply pulling over someone for drunk driving (a crime against the state). He didn't do anything wrong, he was just doing his job. The deaths of those people are certainly not on his hands.
    Last edited by TheTexan; 08-11-2014 at 07:56 PM.
    - Kim Kardashian

So glad the actions of police officers kept the public safe. How many more could have died had they not pursued?

I think cars should have 'deactivation' switch that police can use to stop these chases cold in their tracks.
    We'll know our disinformation program is complete when everything the American public believes is false. -- William Casey, CIA Director

Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please.-- Mark Twain

When people like us-- the scum of society-- don't risk our lives when a rare chance comes our way, we become losers at that moment. So courage is the only thing we can rely on.-- Anchan
    Rick Simpson Hemp Oil

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    So glad the actions of police officers kept the public safe. How many more could have died had they not pursued?
    No kidding. Or a cop could have died during the car chase. This could have turned out a lot worse.
    - Kim Kardashian

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    A Texas DPS chase took out six innocents a year ago : http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...ight=texas+dps

Quote Originally Posted by squarepusher View Post
    I think cars should have 'deactivation' switch that police can use to stop these chases cold in their tracks.
    Agreed. We should also install breathalyzers in every car that need to be blown into to start the car. Theres a lot of things we can and should be doing to save lives
    - Kim Kardashian

yes, and maybe some sort of in-car taser device to incapacitate the driver and/or passengers .

Quote Originally Posted by bxm042 View Post
    No kidding. Or a cop could have died during the car chase. This could have turned out a lot worse.
    I don't know how the outcome could have been any better. We, as citizens, should expect a certain amount of collateral damage. There is a war on. As long as no warrior/hero was damaged then...well..that's all that matters.

Every gun should have one of those to.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Thank State the brave officers are all OK.
    The next time someone sneezes, I'm going to say "State bless you."
    Quote Originally Posted by BuddyRey View Post
    Do you think it's a coincidence that the most cherished standard of the Ron Paul campaign was a sign highlighting the word "love" inside the word "revolution"? A revolution not based on love is a revolution doomed to failure. So, at the risk of sounding corny, I just wanted to let you know that, wherever you stand on any of these hot-button issues, and even if we might have exchanged bitter words or harsh sentiments in the past, I love each and every one of you - no exceptions!

"When goods do not cross borders, soldiers will." Frederic Bastiat

Peace.

Agreed. We should also install breathalyzers in every car that need to be blown into to start the car. Theres a lot of things we can and should be doing to save lives
    Who is this 'we' you are both referring to?

yes, and maybe some sort of in-car taser device to incapacitate the driver and/or passengers .
    Get a warrant. I'm sure the government won't abuse this at all.

A Texas DPS chase took out six innocents a year ago : http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...ight=texas+dps
    Sadly it is nothing new.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    LOL. Please forgive me for my last comment.

If you own a GM vehicle, it already does.

It's called OnStar.

This is great idea, nothing I want more than the government being able to wirelessly shut down my car.

and when you need to get from point A to point B, you have your trusty, mandatory Obamacar navigator to show you the wrong way

Poe's law is too overwhelming in this thread.
    "You cannot solve these problems with war." - Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    If you own a GM vehicle, it already does.

It's called OnStar.

This is great idea, nothing I want more than the government being able to wirelessly shut down my car.
    Guess that would depend on what neighborhood and how may innocents get caught up n the collateral fire once the engine is cut.

tbh I think the drunk driver gets most of the blame here.
    (No, I'm not the Starcraft guy)

Accept certain inalienable truths: Prices will rise. Politicians will philander. You, too, will get old.
    And when you do, you'll fantasize that when you were young, prices were reasonable, politicians were noble and children respected their elders.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast