Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: RIP Robin Williams

Quote Originally Posted by devil21 View Post
    Will anyone mention the obvious? Robin was gay---- or more likely "asexual".
    What you call obvious is just a figment of your imagination. And not just on this topic.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by fr33 View Post
    What you call obvious is just a figment of your imagination. And not just on this topic.
    Seriously.

No one has proof (unless you count his several children as proof), I give something resembling a reason for my opinion, he gives none at all, yet my opinion is 'cognitive dissonance' and that's that.

Yes, god. I stand corrected. Just damn.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Is anyone else besides me getting tired of hearing about Robin Williams? The media/social media coverage is insane and distracting from other more important issues.

Quote Originally Posted by qh4dotcom View Post
    Is anyone else besides me getting tired of hearing about Robin Williams? The media/social media coverage is insane and distracting from other more important issues.

I cannot recall seeing a mere mention of Robin on any of my news sources. Perhaps seek legitimate news sources?

If anyone deserves the coverage, it is probably Robin Williams. Sadly, the aggrandizing of entertainers is part of the establishment media methodology to distract from other issues and influence value systems.

I recall when he was asked by James Lipton what he would want to be if not an entertainer, Robin said very sincerely "a theoretical physicist." I'll bet he would have been quite good at that.

Quote Originally Posted by anaconda View Post
    If anyone deserves the coverage, it is probably Robin Williams. Sadly, the aggrandizing of entertainers is part of the establishment media methodology to distract from other issues and influence value systems.
    Why does a selfish liberal celebrity who killed himself and left his children without a father deserve more coverage than the children who are getting beheaded by ISIS?

Why does a selfish liberal celebrity who killed himself and left his children without a father deserve more coverage than the children who are getting beheaded by ISIS?
    I find Robin Williams equally interesting in some ways. But you're point is well taken and corroborated by my assertion that media attention to entertainers is a political and social engineering ploy. Yet, I would much rather listen to an interview with Robin Williams than Barack Obama or George W. Bush. I don't need to spend 100% of my discretionary time exploring the world of infant beheadings. I prefer to round it out with a bio of maybe Tesla, Jung, Charles Chaplin, or Lewis and Clarke.
    Last edited by anaconda; 08-14-2014 at 06:21 PM.

Wife announced he was suffering the first stages of Parkinson's disease.

Robin Williams, the beloved comic who committed suicide on Monday, was battling the early stages of Parkinson's disease, it has been revealed by his widow, Susan Schneider.

In a statement sent to the news media on Thursday, Schneider explains that the star's sobriety was "intact" at the time of his death, calling him "brave" as he battled depression, anxiety and early stages of the disease.
    She asked that her following statement run in its entirety.

"Robin spent so much of his life helping others. Whether he was entertaining millions on stage, film or television, our troops on the frontlines, or comforting a sick child — Robin wanted us to laugh and to feel less afraid."
    "Since his passing, all of us who loved Robin have found some solace in the tremendous outpouring of affection and admiration for him from the millions of people whose lives he touched. His greatest legacy, besides his three children, is the joy and happiness he offered to others, particularly to those fighting personal battles."
    "Robin's sobriety was intact and he was brave as he struggled with his own battles of depression, anxiety as well as early stages of Parkinson's Disease, which he was not yet ready to share publicly."
    It is our hope in the wake of Robin's tragic passing, that others will find the strength to seek the care and support they need to treat whatever battles they are facing so they may feel less afraid."
    http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/p...ease/14062707/

I can see how he might have been depressed enough at this point in his life and career to off himself, considering some of his past projects.

Tell me 'Toys' wasn't predictive programming.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    ...but when the trumpets blew again and the knights charged, the name they cried was "Stannis! Stannis! STANNIS!"

Oooh how did I miss these gems of personal attacks?

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    Seriously.

No one has proof (unless you count his several children as proof), I give something resembling a reason for my opinion, he gives none at all, yet my opinion is 'cognitive dissonance' and that's that.

Yes, god. I stand corrected. Just damn.
    Nope, never been gay men with children. Never I tell you! It just doesn't happen!

Sorry but citing some interview you claimed to watch while then calling him an amazing actor isn't proof either. You should read up on how Hollywood really works. It's all illusion. All of it. And it's CHOCK FULL of gays pretending to be straight for a buck.

Quote Originally Posted by fr33
    Incessant penis jokes throughout his entire career, plainly feminine mannerisms, dressing up as a woman for a role (and planning on doing it again), The Birdcage, and other examples. Sorry if I have to educate you on William's career. I assumed you had enough knowledge of the subject matter to understand. My bad.
    Last edited by devil21; 08-15-2014 at 09:44 PM.

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

Stef has convinced me that though Robin Williams had life-long emotional issues,
    he was ultimately consumed by female vampires!

Check out Stefan Molyneux's interesting review and analysis of his entire life:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=diyuAXzN7yo - Tragic end of such an accomplished man. (57 minutes)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CiUe...EGUiBC252GHy3w - Possible association - SSRI usage and Parkinson's disease. (9 minutes)

Quote Originally Posted by devil21 View Post
    Incessant penis jokes throughout his entire career, plainly feminine mannerisms, dressing up as a woman for a role (and planning on doing it again), The Birdcage, and other examples. Sorry if I have to educate you on William's career. I assumed you had enough knowledge of the subject matter to understand. My bad.
    None of that is proof. None of that is "obvious". Please never be on a jury. (not that I think your delusions would get past the vetting process)

You're "proof" is based off his ACTING. While you ignore his personal LIFE where he had multiple wives and multiple kids. You are a motherfucking retard.

Quote Originally Posted by fr33 View Post
    None of that is proof. None of that is "obvious". Please never be on a jury. (not that I think your delusions would get past the vetting process)

You're "proof" is based off his ACTING. While you ignore his personal LIFE where he had multiple wives and multiple kids. You are a motherfucking retard.
    So what is the difference between his acting in a movie and his acting in an interview? One you believe and the other you don't?

I must have struck a nerve here. What is your proof that he wasn't gay? A few kids and wives you were told about by the media?

I've never been called a "motherfucking retard" before! Gotta love 2012 join dates that spit status quo lines and attack long time members here.
    Last edited by devil21; 08-18-2014 at 02:20 AM.

I know, right? It's how I know Dustin Hoffman is gay.

And Lord knows straight men don't tell penis jokes. You do know he told breast jokes, too? My God. What kind of comedian was this sick, twisted person!

Assertions about the guy's sex life at this point are basically baseless and stupid. You have to wonder why someone would bring it up at all.
    Genuine, willful, aggressive ignorance is the one sure way to tick me off. I wish I could say you were trolling. I know better, and it's just sad.

Quote Originally Posted by MelissaWV View Post
    I know, right? It's how I know Dustin Hoffman is gay.

And Lord knows straight men don't tell penis jokes. You do know he told breast jokes, too? My God. What kind of comedian was this sick, twisted person!

Assertions about the guy's sex life at this point are basically baseless and stupid. You have to wonder why someone would bring it up at all.
    My apologies. Didn't realize bringing up certain aspects of his career and life would interrupt the mourning process for so many of his close friends here on RPF.

I must be getting old. When I was young these deaths didn't phase me. Recently, Kidd Kraddick and now Robin Williams both tore me up. Tears.

Life really is short and we need to do all we can now.

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by american.swan View Post
    I must be getting old. When I was young these deaths didn't phase me. Recently, Kidd Kraddick and now Robin Williams both tore me up. Tears.

Life really is short and we need to do all we can now.
    Death is the only thing guaranteed in life.

I'm a macho man.

Quote Originally Posted by CPUd View Post

Quote Originally Posted by CPUd View Post
    Or you could just check if you have dirt under your nails.

Quote Originally Posted by green73 View Post
    Or you could just check if you have dirt under your nails.
    That's an unreliable test, I have a gay friend who always has dirt under his nails. He's into gardening.

Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    That's an unreliable test, I have a gay friend who always has dirt under his nails. He's into gardening.
    He doesn't wear gloves?! Pfft.

I'm still in shock over this man's death

Parkinson's drugs to blame for Robin Williams' death claims Rob Schneider: 'One of the side effects is suicide!'
    http://www.independent.co.uk/news/pe...e-9674151.html

Now that we can talk about it, Robin Williams was on a drug treating the symptoms of Parkinson’s,” he wrote. “One of the side effects is suicide!”

Schneider had been friends with Williams since they first met 20 years ago. The latter’s friends were worried that his cocktail of prescription drugs had badly affected his mental health, according to The Mirror.
    [...]
    Neurological experts believe that Parkinson’s can make depression symptoms worse, although the area is still under study.
    Some of them do have nasty side effects, including worsening depression. Who knows what he was on.

I loved his character in Dead Again. He was uncredited in that movie. I think it was because they didn't want people thinking it was a comedy.

The full clip starts at about 1:00: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Xi9...E0E62A&index=2 and another scene here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z8uFbrPr7_A
    Based on the idea of natural rights, government secures those rights to the individual by strictly negative intervention, making justice costless and easy of access; and beyond that it does not go. The State, on the other hand, both in its genesis and by its primary intention, is purely anti-social. It is not based on the idea of natural rights, but on the idea that the individual has no rights except those that the State may provisionally grant him. It has always made justice costly and difficult of access, and has invariably held itself above justice and common morality whenever it could advantage itself by so doing.
    --Albert J. Nock

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucille View Post
    Parkinson's drugs to blame for Robin Williams' death claims Rob Schneider: 'One of the side effects is suicide!'
    http://www.independent.co.uk/news/pe...e-9674151.html

Some of them do have nasty side effects, including worsening depression. Who knows what he was on.

I loved his character in Dead Again. He was uncredited in that movie. I think it was because they didn't want people thinking it was a comedy.

The full clip starts at about 1:00: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Xi9...E0E62A&index=2 and another scene here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z8uFbrPr7_A

I am glad Rob Schneider spoke out about the side effects of some of these drugs. If Robin was battling depression (for years), as we have been told, it could have been a combination of anti-depressants and the Parkinson's meds that pushed him over the edge. The problem is that Big pHARMa is so powerful it will be dusted under the rug--never to be heard of again. What a shame, that another life and family destroyed by legal drugs.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Quote Originally Posted by Devostator View Post
    I'm still in shock over this man's death
    Are you in shock about ISIS beheading little kids in Iraq?

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456