Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: RIP Robin Williams

Quote Originally Posted by green73 View Post
    It's just disgusting that as literature dies along with so much else that once made the world a better place, we have people here proudly saluting its demise.

We may never have another Dostoevsky, nor Tolstoy, Joyce, Faulkner...We're a bunch of mental sloths now. Give us shiny things to occupy our vacant minds.
    Sometimes there is some truth in fiction. Especially in movies.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    RIP It's a sad day but the memories of him for me will always be happy.

I have a friend that works in movies. Costuming, etc, and I've been told that Robin never took advantage of his position. Indeed, sat "among the people." If anyone wishes to hate him for his politics then so be it. From what I understand he was a human that never considered himself more than anyone else. In his latter days, the non-cocaine days.

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    I have a friend that works in movies. Costuming, etc, and I've been told that Robin never took advantage of his position. Indeed, sat "among the people." If anyone wishes to hate him for his politics then so be it. From what I understand he was a human that never considered himself more than anyone else. In his latter days, the non-cocaine days.
    It's the dumbest thing to not like the guy because "Oh...he's a Democrat". WTF? And? So you're a Republican. What's the difference? Two parties working in synergy to destroy the will of the people except fighting over who gets to be in charge. Well...not talking about you, per se, Phill. Generally speaking, I suppose.

I'm thinking about voting for an Independent just for the sake of glory. Undecided at the moment. Kind of waiting on boy wonder over here to see what he's going to choose to address once the oven warms up in the championship kitchen.
    Last edited by Natural Citizen; 08-11-2014 at 08:54 PM.

6. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    One of my absolute favorites as a kid. That and Dukes, and the muppet show. Favorite episode of Mork and Mindy was the one where Mork disassembled Mindy's Jeep, and then reassembled it in the apartment LOL.

Gulag Chief:
    "Article 58-1a, twenty five years... What did you get it for?"
    Gulag Prisoner: "For nothing at all."
    Gulag Chief: "You're lying... The sentence for nothing at all is 10 years"

This skit still brings tears to my eyes from laughing so hard.

RIP Robin.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

He was an actor in so many of my favorite movies.... Fisher King, Dead Poets Society, Good Will Hunting, What Dreams May Come, Good Morning Vietnam, One Hour Photo, The Final Cut.... damn, he was a good actor and I'll miss him.

RIP Robin Williams

Here's a video of Robin Williams at a tribute to my favorite comedian, Sam Kinison:

- ML

"Asphyxia"? Really?

Call a spade a spade.. http://abcnews.go.com/Health/story?id=7764618

Was he found with a rope around his neck hanging from the rafters? They would have said he was found hanged.
    Was he found in his car with the motor running? Carbon-monoxide poisoning.
    Was he found with a plastic bag over his head? Yeah, you can say that.
    Did he have a belt around his neck tied to the closet door? Was he naked? You can't say that. Even if it is true.

But "Asphyxia"? When do they ever say that? Only when the truth is too controversial to say. I think he died the same way that David Carradine and Michael Hutchence died, but he's too big, too beloved, to tell the truth.

I don't think it was a suicide. I think he enjoyed getting off. And if that's true, the media should take this as a teaching moment, and tell the truth, if it helps someone else from passing in the same way. Just be honest, just be real.

"Suicide by asphyxia" my ass.
    Let's move forward to the Constitution.. I am the new GOP. I stand with Rand.

Quote Originally Posted by V3n View Post
    "Asphyxia"? Really?

Was he found with a rope around his neck hanging from the rafters? They would have said he was found hanged.
    Did he have a belt around his neck tied to the closet door? Was he naked? You can't say that. Even if it is true.

But "Asphyxia"? When do they ever say that? Only when the truth is too controversial to say. I think he died the same way that David Carradine and Michael Hutchence died, but he's too big, too beloved, to tell the truth.

I don't think it was a suicide. I think he enjoyed getting off. And if that's true, the media should take this as a teaching moment, and tell the truth, if it helps someone else from passing in the same way. Just be honest, just be real.

You pretty much described the plot of one of his most underrated films, World's Greatest Dad

Quote Originally Posted by Natural Citizen View Post
    Sometimes there is some truth in fiction. Especially in movies.
    Sometimes? Great fiction lives on truth. Diamonds of truth smite us on practically every page of the good stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Natural Citizen View Post
    It's the dumbest thing to not like the guy because "Oh...he's a Democrat". WTF? And? So you're a Republican. What's the difference? Two parties working in synergy to destroy the will of the people except fighting over who gets to be in charge. Well...not talking about you, per se, Phill. Generally speaking, I suppose.

I'm thinking about voting for an Independent just for the sake of glory. Undecided at the moment. Kind of waiting on boy wonder over here to see what he's going to choose to address once the oven warms up in the championship kitchen.
    I dunno. I take people for who they are regardless of their politics. Who someone is on a ground level means so much more than their politics. Whether Dem or Rep. Matters not. They might not get what it is with their political bent. But, they get what means to be an evolved human.

15. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by juleswin View Post
    Don't exactly know what is being discussed in this video but for some reason, it always gave me goose bumps.

RIP Robin Williams
    He is talking about "himself" (the role) in that clip. He is the husband who is the coward... in the movie. Strange - that movie is about suicide, and he is trying to rescue his wife from hell for committing suicide... and that is how he supposedly killed himself. If he asphyxiated himself to end his life - and it was not a sex act, or murder.

What Dreams May Come and Dead Poets Society are 2 of my favorite films by him...

To think, someone so talented, so externally happy, someone who makes so many others laugh and feel grounded - is so tormented and depressed internally. Shocking and sad. Sad indeed, political persuasion aside.

RIP

Mork calling Orson, come in Orson... Nanu.
    I have seen through it all... the system is against us. ALL OF IT.

Quote Originally Posted by green73 View Post
    It's just disgusting that as literature dies along with so much else that once made the world a better place, we have people here proudly saluting its demise.

We may never have another Dostoevsky, nor Tolstoy, Joyce, Faulkner...We're a bunch of mental sloths now. Give us shiny things to occupy our vacant minds.
    +rep :'( I rather hope the Bread And Circuses ends soon. It's quite amazing the beautiful art and literature that sometimes gets produced when people aren't preoccupied with shiny things and freak shows.
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

RIP, Robin Williams

I grew up watching him, and I remember how much he used to make me laugh on Mork & Mindy.

He will be missed.
    “I have no doubt that it is a part of the destiny of the human race, in its gradual improvement, to leave off eating animals, as surely as the savage tribes have left off eating each other.”

― Henry David Thoreau

If one week ago, somebody asked you who you thought was the least likely well known person in the world to commit suicide, outside of political circles, would you have possibly guessed Robin Williams?
    Last edited by dannno; 08-11-2014 at 10:12 PM.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    If one week ago, somebody asked you who you thought was the least likely well known person in the world to commit suicide, outside of political circles, would you have possibly guessed Robin Williams?
    No.

I will miss him, but it's hard to feel sorry for a millionaire. he had many more options than most of us if we were in the same boat, if there was any way to save him, he had it, if not, there's nothing to say, it was just his time.

"Asphyxia"? Really?

you really think he, living in the US, had that kind of fetish and chose to go solo with that kind of risk? wouldn't it have been safer if he had a partner to play it with?

24. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    "Asphyxia"? Really?

Jump to conclusions much? Who is "they"? The media doesn't control the police report. The police don't give two $#@!s about causing controversy if it has nothing to do with them.
    Hofstadter's Law: It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's Law. -Douglas Hofstadter

Life, Liberty, Logic

Quote Originally Posted by Crashland View Post
    Jump to conclusions much? Who is "they"? The media doesn't control the police report. The police don't give two $#@!s about causing controversy if it has nothing to do with them.
    and THEY can only hold on to the truth for so long. it'll eventually come out.

Quote Originally Posted by PRB View Post
    I will miss him, but it's hard to feel sorry for a millionaire. he had many more options than most of us if we were in the same boat, if there was any way to save him, he had it, if not, there's nothing to say, it was just his time.
    Meh, human condition. We suck at life. We all, with the extreme exceptions of poverty and ill health, can feed ourselves. Off of the discards of those better off. Tens of thousands do it everyday. Being a millionaire does not exempt one from the psychological attacks that most humans are able to only bare. The truth is we are over our heads. We are not a part of nature anymore. We are not a participant in the circle. That alone should be enough for each of us to end it by whatever means we have on hand.

Meh, human condition. We suck at life. We all, with the extreme exceptions of poverty and ill health, can feed ourselves. Off of the discards of those better off. Tens of thousands do it everyday. Being a millionaire does not exempt one from the psychological attacks that most humans are able to only bare. The truth is we are over our heads. We are not a part of nature anymore. We are not a participant in the circle. That alone should be enough for each of us to end it by whatever means we have on hand.
    so anybody who's still alive is living on borrowed or stolen life???

so anybody who's still alive is living on borrowed or stolen life???
    Not borrowed. Nor stolen. But a recognition of the circle that we are a part of is a minimal requirement. If not then check the $#@! out.

Never appreciated his comedy (never once laughed..just had a weird look on my face and wondered what every1 else thought was so funny) but liked his serious movie roles. "What Dreams May Come" was my favorite of his. Rest in Peace Robin.

Not borrowed. Nor stolen. But a recognition of the circle that we are a part of is a minimal requirement. If not then check the $#@! out.
    serious question : how would you know you are not?

Quote Originally Posted by PatriotOne View Post
    Never appreciated his comedy (never once laughed..just had a weird look on my face and wondered what every1 else thought was so funny) but liked his serious movie roles. "What Dreams May Come" was my favorite of his. Rest in Peace Robin.
    He was a great court jester. Like yourself I thought, more so, when in his "serious" roles.

33. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    serious question : how would you know you are not?
    I, at the very least, try to stay connected. I garden. I fish. I hunt. I try to make myself a part of the circle. I am trying to go even further than where I am currently at. And there is a long way to go and I should have started much earlier. But, I did not see in my youth what I have come to see now.

I don't feel sorry for him but do for his family. I feel sorry for the world for losing a talented person who influenced people in a mostly positive way. Rich people have most of the same mental anguishes and weaknesses that poor people do and probably a few more. Money can satisfy your physical needs but not always your mental needs.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast