Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: US to directly arm Kurds with Russian weaponry through CIA

US to directly arm Kurds with Russian weaponry through CIA

Could any of this get any more bizarre?

US to directly arm Kurdish peshmerga forces in bid to thwart Isis offensive

Weaponry, said to be light arms and ammunition, to be brokered though CIA who are better positioned to supply militia

The Obama administration has announced it will arm the militia forces of Iraqi Kurdistan, to prevent the fall of the final bastion of pro-US territory in Iraq.

The weaponry is said to be light arms and ammunition, brokered not through the Department of Defense – which supplies Baghdad and its security forces with heavy weaponry – but the CIA, which is better positioned to supply the Kurdish peshmerga with Russian-made guns like AK-47s that the US military does not use. The news was first reported by the Associated Press.
    Read more:

http://www.theguardian.com/world/201...kurdistan-isis
    Brawndo's got what plants crave. Its got electrolytes.

H. L. Mencken said it best:

“Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.”

"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron."

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    How is it bizarre?

Read this sometime.

http://www.amazon.com/Foreign-Policy.../dp/0912453001
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    How is it bizarre?
    They told us the CIA was supplying Russian weapons, making it harder for them to blame it all on Russia later when things go wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

The Iraqi army has used Russian weapons for decades. They are already trained on them and are compatable with what other weapons they have.

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    They told us the CIA was supplying Russian weapons, making it harder for them to blame it all on Russia later when things go wrong.
    Ahh, zippy just informed us that this is an on-going strategy.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    The Iraqi army has used Russian weapons for decades. They are already trained on them and are compatable with what other weapons they have.
    The Kurds are not the traditional backbone of the Iraqi army.

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    Ahh, zippy just informed us that this is an on-going strategy.
    Well, I expect he would be the one to ask...
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    The Kurds are not the traditional backbone of the Iraqi army.
    Every place in the world other than North America and Europe have been using Russian and Russian-derived weaponry for decades. It's the standard.

If you tried to give them some M-16s they would probably look at you like you were crazy.
    Pinochet is the model
    Liberty preserving authoritarianism.
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    “The easiest way to gain control of a population is to carry out acts of terror. [The public] will clamor for such laws if their personal security is threatened”.
    - Josef Stalin

The US federal government is directly supporting all three sides in the Iraqi Civil War. No surprise there The weapons and equipment has to be sold so that more can be made.
    Lifetime member of more than 1 national gun organization and the New Hampshire Liberty Alliance. Part of Young Americans for Liberty and Campaign for Liberty. Free State Project participant and multi-year Free Talk Live AMPlifier.

Charlie Wilson's "War" in Afghanistan against the Russians... the US politicians and CIA armed Mujahideen/Taliban/Gulbuddin Hekmatyar groups with Russian Kalashnikovs (AK-47) and Stingers, and whatever, which were laundered through Egypt so they couldn't be tracked.

Oh, let's not forget John McCain "light" Rorhbacher

Rep. Dana Rohrabacher (R-CA 48thdistrict)
    with his
    Kalashnikov AK-47 in Afghanistan
    The American Dream, Wake Up People, This is our country! <===click

"All eyes are opened, or opening to the rights of man, let the annual return of this day(July 4th), forever refresh our recollections of these rights, and an undiminished devotion to them."
    Thomas Jefferson
    June 1826

Rock The World!
    USAF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by HOLLYWOOD View Post
    Charlie Wilson's "War" in Afghanistan against the Russians... the US politicians and CIA armed Mujahideen/Taliban/Gulbuddin Hekmatyar groups with Russian Kalashnikovs (AK-47) and Stingers, and whatever, which were laundered through Egypt so they couldn't be tracked.

Oh, let's not forget John McCain "light" Rorhbacher

Rep. Dana Rohrabacher (R-CA 48thdistrict)
    with his
    Kalashnikov AK-47 in Afghanistan
    I was gonna saysame.

Seems like a template. Russian weapons were supplied to Afghan Jihadis (much of those procured from Israel who used to be old Russsian ally and then became second largest suppliear of weapons to violent Ismalist Jihadis who were killing Russian infidels, US being the largest supplier of weapons).

I'm actually ok with this.

Oh and the AK-47 really is the best rifle for a place like Iraq. It fires no matter what more or less, where an M4/AR15 needs to be kept up with.

Quote Originally Posted by 69360 View Post
    I'm actually ok with this.

Oh and the AK-47 really is the best rifle for a place like Iraq. It fires no matter what more or less, where an M4/AR15 needs to be kept up with.
    that is a myth. My trusty dragon slayer (M16A4) here in the stan has been just fine. I have never had a jam in any of the 4 deserts on 3 continents I have shot the platform on.

The AK is not as reliable as people say and still requires regular maintenance. The M16/4 platform requires less maintenance than people think. I'd bet if they were offered the M16/4 platform they would jump all over it. The AK isn't a bad weapon, but the legend about it's reliability is just as much as myth as the myth that the m16/4 is jamomatic in the desert.
    "I know the urge to arm yourself, because that’s what I did. I was trained in firearms. When I walked to the hospital when my husband was sick, I carried a concealed weapon. I made the determination that if somebody was going to try to take me out I was going to take them with me."

Diane Feinstein, 1995

Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    Every place in the world other than North America and Europe have been using Russian and Russian-derived weaponry for decades. It's the standard.

If you tried to give them some M-16s they would probably look at you like you were crazy.
    maybe that explains what happened to the Iraqi army, rather than the fact that the US disbanded it, and then tried to recreate an army in its image.
    Out of every one hundred men they send us, ten should not even be here. Eighty will do nothing but serve as targets for the enemy. Nine are real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, upon them depends our success in battle. But one, ah the one, he is a real warrior, and he will bring the others back from battle alive.

Duty is the most sublime word in the English language. Do your duty in all things. You can not do more than your duty. You should never wish to do less than your duty.

I really want to watch some generation kill now...
    "I know the urge to arm yourself, because that’s what I did. I was trained in firearms. When I walked to the hospital when my husband was sick, I carried a concealed weapon. I made the determination that if somebody was going to try to take me out I was going to take them with me."

Diane Feinstein, 1995

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Uriel999 View Post
    I really want to watch some generation kill now...
    Why cant we invade a fun country where girls wear bikinis? Damn it.

Quote Originally Posted by alucard13mm View Post
    Why cant we invade a fun country where girls wear bikinis? Damn it.
    lol, great reference and I'd bet even Ron Paul would support that! I mean, what man wouldn't.

Diane Feinstein, 1995

lol, great reference and I'd bet even Ron Paul would support that! I mean, what man wouldn't.
    Id like a spin off series for captain america.

Anyone remember the 600,000 AK magazines procured by the US Army?

http://www.infowars.com/u-s-army-buy...-47-magazines/
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

Kurdistan has Oil thats the only real interest American Gov has in Kurds.

that is a myth. My trusty dragon slayer (M16A4) here in the stan has been just fine. I have never had a jam in any of the 4 deserts on 3 continents I have shot the platform on.

The AK is not as reliable as people say and still requires regular maintenance. The M16/4 platform requires less maintenance than people think. I'd bet if they were offered the M16/4 platform they would jump all over it. The AK isn't a bad weapon, but the legend about it's reliability is just as much as myth as the myth that the m16/4 is jamomatic in the desert.
    Funny, my cousin and most of the soldiers that were in war that I know, and I know a lot of them, say exactly the opposite: Soldiers prefer AKs and would throw away their M16s to take AKs.

*there are a lot of versions and a lot of countries that produce AKs. Those produced in Africa are of bad quality because metal that is used is of bad quality.
    Today I decided to get banned and spam activism on this forum...

SUPPORT RANDPAULDIGITAL GRASSROOTS PROJECTS TODAY!

http://i.imgur.com/SORJlQ5.png

For more info. or to help spread the word, go to the promotion thread here.

Quote Originally Posted by orenbus View Post
    If I had to answer this question truthfully I'd probably piss a lot of people off lol, Barrex would be a better person to ask he doesn't seem to care lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Barrex View Post
    Funny, my cousin and most of the soldiers that were in war that I know, and I know a lot of them, say exactly the opposite: Soldiers prefer AKs and would throw away their M16s to take AKs.

*there are a lot of versions and a lot of countries that produce AKs. Those produced in Africa are of bad quality because metal that is used is of bad quality.

When both sides are poorly trained, I see 4 to 5 dead guys with AKs to every dead guy with an AR.

When the side with the ARs resembles a real military organization the ratio increases to 10 to 20 dead guys with AKs for every dead guy with an AR.
    Out of every one hundred men they send us, ten should not even be here. Eighty will do nothing but serve as targets for the enemy. Nine are real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, upon them depends our success in battle. But one, ah the one, he is a real warrior, and he will bring the others back from battle alive.

Duty is the most sublime word in the English language. Do your duty in all things. You can not do more than your duty. You should never wish to do less than your duty.

Quote Originally Posted by Pericles View Post
    When both sides are poorly trained, I see 4 to 5 dead guys with AKs to every dead guy with an AR.

When the side with the ARs resembles a real military organization the ratio increases to 10 to 20 dead guys with AKs for every dead guy with an AR.
    And where are you seeing all of this ?

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    maybe that explains what happened to the Iraqi army, rather than the fact that the US disbanded it, and then tried to recreate an army in its image.
    No, what happened to the Iraqi army is that in middle eastern cultures (horrible generalizations), loyalty to one's immediate family, tribe, sect, etc. holds more importance than loyalty to country, employer, profession, etcetc. You can't ask them to police or fight 'their own' and expect them to actually follow through.
    Pinochet is the model
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

Well after the artillery barrage and air strikes have taken out most, and guys that are heavily armored go against folks with no armor at all,,, that is likely.

They can pretty well mop up the shell shocked remains.

The M16 was a piece of $#@! in the 70s when I used them,, and yes,, I could keep it running..
    I have some mechanical ability. I saw a lot of jammed rifles.

I lubed the $#@! out of mine,, and lubed it every magazine..

"never $#@! where you eat" The M16/AR does.. It dumps gas on the bolt and in it's throat,
    It is no wonder that several companies make Piston refits for it,, and every manufacturer is making a Gas piston model.
    it is and always has been a bad design.
    Last edited by pcosmar; 08-12-2014 at 07:57 PM.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Well after the artillery barrage and air strikes have taken out most, and guys that are heavily armored go against folks with no armor at all,,, that is likely.

They can pretty well mop up the shell shocked remains.
    Today I decided to get banned and spam activism on this forum...

SUPPORT RANDPAULDIGITAL GRASSROOTS PROJECTS TODAY!

http://i.imgur.com/SORJlQ5.png

For more info. or to help spread the word, go to the promotion thread here.

Quote Originally Posted by orenbus View Post
    If I had to answer this question truthfully I'd probably piss a lot of people off lol, Barrex would be a better person to ask he doesn't seem to care lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Barrex View Post

Well you said soldiers...there is the problem.

Diane Feinstein, 1995

Quote Originally Posted by AngryCanadian View Post
    Kurdistan has Oil thats the only real interest American Gov has in Kurds.
    We're so super interested in their oil that we're not letting them sell it to us.
    Pinochet is the model

Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    We're so super interested in their oil that we're not letting them sell it to us.
    That is one more reason I am skeptical of the present rhetoric.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast