Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: James O’Keefe Crosses The US-Mexico Border Dressed As Osama Bin Laden

James O’Keefe Crosses The US-Mexico Border Dressed As Osama Bin Laden

James O’Keefe Crosses The US-Mexico Border Dressed As Osama Bin Laden

Patrick Howley

Investigative filmmaker James O’Keefe exposes the U.S.-Mexico border’s vulnerability to terrorism in his latest undercover project, obtained exclusively by The Daily Caller.

O’Keefe’s Project Veritas video reminds viewers of recent statements by the president and Obama administration officials that the southern border is secure. O’Keefe then proceeds to Hudspeth County, Texas, to easily cross back and forth cross the Rio Grande wearing the costume of modern history’s most recognizable terrorist.

“I see no border patrol. I see no security,” O’Keefe said in the video before donning a bin Laden mask. “Thousands of people have stood in my footsteps right now. They’ve come from South America, Honduras, Guatemala, and they’ve all crossed the border. And if they can cross, anybody can cross.” (RELATED: The Time Fidel Castro Snuck Into America From Mexico)

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2014/08/11/ne...#ixzz3A7Lr7wLt
    Last edited by donnay; 08-11-2014 at 02:37 PM.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Is there some reason border agents should be on the look out for someone dressed as Osama Bin Ladin?

Quote Originally Posted by erowe1 View Post
    Is there some reason border agents should be on the look out for someone dressed as Osama Bin Ladin?
    Read the border patrol's mission statement and their purpose for their agency.

Border Patrol Overview
    Mission

The priority mission of the Border Patrol is preventing terrorists and terrorists weapons, including weapons of mass destruction, from entering the United States. Undaunted by scorching desert heat or freezing northern winters, they work tirelessly as vigilant protectors of our Nation's borders.
    http://www.cbp.gov/border-security/a...rders/overview

Project Veritas is just pointing out that they are NOT doing what they pledge to do.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Quote Originally Posted by donnay View Post
    Read the border patrol's mission statement and their purpose for their agency.

http://www.cbp.gov/border-security/a...rders/overview

Project Veritas is just pointing out that they are NOT doing what they pledge to do.
    How does someone being dressed as Osama Bin Ladin have anything to do with that?

How does someone being dressed as Osama Bin Ladin have anything to do with that?
    True, he is dead. No fooling those border agents, I guess.

It might be a real terrorist disguised as a dead one so he won't be suspected.
    In New Zealand:
    The Coastguard is a Charity
    Air Traffic Control is a private company run on user fees
    The DMV is a private non-profit
    Rescue helicopters and ambulances are operated by charities and are plastered with corporate logos
    The agriculture industry has zero subsidies
    5% of the national vote, gets you 5 seats in Parliament
    A tax return has 4 fields
    Business licenses aren't a thing
    Prostitution is legal
    We have a constitutional right to refuse any type of medical care

there's nothing illegal about looking like bin Laden, why does he think he should be stopped?

True, he is dead. No fooling those border agents, I guess.
    If the person performing this experiment didn't think of this important point, it kind of undermines the whole OP. Don't you think?

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Supporting Member
    North Carolina

No need for a terrorist to cross the border when he can just legally fly in.
    Equality is a false god.

Armatissimi e Liberissimi

If the person performing this experiment didn't think of this important point, it kind of undermines the whole OP. Don't you think?
    I guess you didn't pick up on my sarcasm.

I guess you didn't pick up on my sarcasm.
    It's sometimes hard to do that on the internet.

So the OP was sarcasm?

Quote Originally Posted by Rifleman View Post
    All the 9/11 hijackers entered the country legally. So did half the people presently here illegally.

Quote Originally Posted by Rifleman View Post
    Countries in green are those from which you can fly into the US without a visa. Notice any trends?

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Pinochet is the model
    Liberty preserving authoritarianism.
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    Countries in green are those from which you can fly into the US without a visa. Notice any trends?

They are developed countries with low levels of poverty. People from those countries are not trying to sneak across the border to gain benefits. What's your point?
    The enemy of my enemy may be worse than my enemy.

I do not suffer from Trump Rearrangement Syndrome. Sorry if that triggers you.

What's his complaint? Had they detained him, they would have been violating his constitutional rights. This is just another "conservative" begging for more government. What's worse is he's begging for the worst kind of government. The police state.

I dunno, perhaps because it could have been Bin Laden maybe?? He is illustrating a point.
    Too bad our elected officials are not as aggressively trying to reduce the federal deficit as they are trying to strip us of our constitutional rights.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Koz View Post
    He is illustrating a point.
    It's obvious to all but those willfully trying to pretend its not a valid point.

I dunno, perhaps because it could have been Bin Laden maybe?? He is illustrating a point.
    Would it illustrate a point if he dressed as Hitler, since somebody who looks like Hitler might really be Hitler?

What point?

The bigger question is what incentive does one have for crossing the border? It seems that removing the incentive would be easier than "securing" the border.

If "free" education, meals, medical, etc were no longer available for non-citizens, that barbed wire just might be enough. If we quit the secret drone wars, propping up of dictators, and putting our noses into other people's business, there may be less risk of attack.

The pursuit of absolute security - put best:

Gulag Chief:
    "Article 58-1a, twenty five years... What did you get it for?"
    Gulag Prisoner: "For nothing at all."
    Gulag Chief: "You're lying... The sentence for nothing at all is 10 years"

I think it illustrates what complete bull$#@! the TSA theater and pervasive spying really is.
    Based on the idea of natural rights, government secures those rights to the individual by strictly negative intervention, making justice costless and easy of access; and beyond that it does not go. The State, on the other hand, both in its genesis and by its primary intention, is purely anti-social. It is not based on the idea of natural rights, but on the idea that the individual has no rights except those that the State may provisionally grant him. It has always made justice costly and difficult of access, and has invariably held itself above justice and common morality whenever it could advantage itself by so doing.
    --Albert J. Nock

Quote Originally Posted by brushfire View Post
    The bigger question is what incentive does one have for crossing the border? It seems that removing the incentive would be easier than "securing" the border.

If "free" education, meals, medical, etc were no longer available for non-citizens, that barbed wire just might be enough. If we quit the secret drone wars, propping up of dictators, and putting our noses into other people's business, there may be less risk of attack.

The pursuit of absolute security - put best:

YAY! Someone gets it. Thank you.

I have no issues with people who want to come to America--God Bless them all. However, when my government forces me to pay for the expenses of those people is where I have the problem.

So bring your tired and hungry and let charitable organizations help out until these people get on their feet--Land of the Free doesn't mean reaching into my pocket to give to others.

Would it illustrate a point if he dressed as Hitler, since somebody who looks like Hitler might really be Hitler?

What point?
    Nice straw man argument. Hitler is dead. There are actually terrorists coming across the southern border, not to mention MS 13 gang members. The point is that anyone can cross the border into the US. There is no rule of law. I personally am not an anarchist, I do believe in rule of law, as $#@!ed up as many of them are.

Oh, and you sound like a dumb ass with the Hitler comment.
    Too bad our elected officials are not as aggressively trying to reduce the federal deficit as they are trying to strip us of our constitutional rights.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti-Neocon View Post
    They are developed countries with low levels of poverty. People from those countries are not trying to sneak across the border to gain benefits. What's your point?
    There are plenty of countries with lower poverty levels than Greece that didn't make the cut.
    Pinochet is the model
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

Nice straw man argument. Hitler is dead. There are actually terrorists coming across the southern border, not to mention MS 13 gang members. The point is that anyone can cross the border into the US. There is no rule of law. I personally am not an anarchist, I do believe in rule of law, as $#@!ed up as many of them are.

Oh, and you sound like a dumb ass with the Hitler comment.
    Evidence to support that claim?

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Evidence to support that claim?
    It has widely been reported that ranchers and border patrol have found Korans, prayer rugs, etc. left behind in the desert north of the border. Oh, and then there's this http://cnsnews.com/news/article/napo...xico-time-time , this http://mrconservative.com/2013/06/18...ing-us-border/ , this http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/fr/551558/posts , and this http://www.breitbart.com/Breitbart-T...Open-US-Border

I assume you have access to the internet, maybe instead of trolling on RPF all day you could use the internet to find out what's going on in the world. those aren't students sneaking across our southern border from Yemen, Somalia, Pakistan, etc. Hell, even Napolitano admitted terrorists cross the southern border. A mind is a terrible thing to waste.

Oh, do you have any evidence to refute the claim? Then shut the hell up. Or I assume you are ok with the MS 13 gang members, but not the terrorists?

Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    There are plenty of countries with lower poverty levels than Greece that didn't make the cut.
    And when was the policy created?
    The enemy of my enemy may be worse than my enemy.

I do not suffer from Trump Rearrangement Syndrome. Sorry if that triggers you.

It has widely been reported that ranchers and border patrol have found Korans, prayer rugs, etc. left behind in the desert north of the border. Oh, and then there's this http://cnsnews.com/news/article/napo...xico-time-time , this http://mrconservative.com/2013/06/18...ing-us-border/ , this http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/fr/551558/posts , and this http://www.breitbart.com/Breitbart-T...Open-US-Border

I assume you have access to the internet, maybe instead of trolling on RPF all day you could use the internet to find out what's going on in the world. those aren't students sneaking across our southern border from Yemen, Somalia, Pakistan, etc. Hell, even Napolitano admitted terrorists cross the southern border. A mind is a terrible thing to waste.

Oh, do you have any evidence to refute the claim? Then shut the hell up. Or I assume you are ok with the MS 13 gang members, but not the terrorists?
    Korans? That is proof positive they were terrorists! And they killed how many people? Probably found Bibles too! You know how those Christian countries like to drop bombs on people.

What terrorists should you be most afraid of?

What are the chances of it happening to you (being killed by a terrorist)?

8) Your odds of dying in a terrorist attack are still far, far lower than dying from just about anything else.

In the last five years, the odds of an American being killed in a terrorist attack have been about 1 in 20 million (that's including both domestic attacks and overseas attacks). As the chart above from the Economist shows, that's considerably smaller than the risk of dying from many other things, from post-surgery complications to ordinary gun violence to lightning.
    http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...united-states/

Keep in mind that fear of terrorists is what brought us the wars in Afghanistan and Iraq and attacks on other countries in the region. It was the excuse behind expanding the Department of Homeland Security, "naked airport scanners" and the Patriot Act. All to "protect us" from an extremely rare threat. It is why the NSA says it needs to track even more of our communications and actions. But maybe you are right- we need even more protections from such possible threats. Let's expand the security apparatus even more.
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 08-12-2014 at 07:21 PM.

I think people are missing the point. They (the government) say we need certain actions to protect us from "terrorists."

Yet someone dressed as a "known" terrorist can easily cross into the US.

He is pointing out it is all eyewash, theater.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    What terrorists should you be most afraid of?
    Well if we're going by the number of fatalities in your fancy chart then I guess Al Qaida.

I'm not advocating bombing all of the countries with Muslims, I am a non-interventionist. Yes, I concur, statistically I am more likely to be "attacked" by local law enforcement. I abhor the militarization of the police state in this country. To be honest I feel pretty strongly that police shouldn't be able to carry arms. But if you think terrorists and gang members are not easily crossing the southern border you are an idiot. And I would say that to your face if you were sitting in my living room.

I surely don't trust homeland security or the FBI to stop terrorist attacks in this country. It is my belief that as a country we should control who crosses our border. That doesn't mean 40,000 more border agents either.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti-Neocon View Post
    And when was the policy created?
    The policy is constantly revised. Chile was added in March of this year, making it the 34th country on the list with a white christian majority population. That would be 90% of the 38 countries in the program.
    Pinochet is the model

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast