Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bananas Aren’t Just For Monkeys – Discover 25 Powerful Reasons To Eat Bananas

Bananas Aren’t Just For Monkeys – Discover 25 Powerful Reasons To Eat Bananas

Bananas Aren’t Just For Monkeys – Discover 25 Powerful Reasons To Eat Bananas

By: JB Bardot
    Friday, August 8, 2014

You’ll never look at a banana the same way again after discovering the many health benefits and reasons to add them to your diet. Bananas are high in fiber and three natural sugars — glucose, sucrose and fructose — giving them almost magical powers to provide a huge energy boost. Bananas combat depression, make you smarter, cure hangovers, relieve morning sickness, protect against kidney cancer, diabetes, osteoporosis and blindness. They can cure the itch of a mosquito bite and put a great shine on your shoes. If you think bananas are just for monkeys, think again.

~ Bananas help overcome depression due high levels of tryptophan, which is converted into serotonin — the happy-mood brain neurotransmitter

~ Eat two bananas before a strenuous workout to pack an energy punch and sustain your blood sugar

~ Protect against muscle cramps during workouts and night time leg cramps by eating a banana

~ Counteract calcium loss during urination and build strong bones by supplementing with a banana

~ Improve your mood and reduce PMS symptoms by eating a banana, which regulates blood sugar and produces stress-relieving relaxation

~ Bananas reduce swelling, protect against type II diabetes, aid weight loss, strengthen the nervous system, and help with the production of white blood cells, all due to high levels of vitamin B-6

~ Strengthen your blood and relieve anemia with the added iron from bananas

~ High in potassium and low in salt, bananas are officially recognized by the FDA as being able to lower blood pressure, and protect against heart attack and stroke

Eating bananas aids digestion

~ Rich in pectin, bananas aid digestion and gently chelate toxins and heavy metals from the body

~ Bananas act as a prebiotic, stimulating the growth of friendly bacteria in the bowel. They also produce digestive enzymes to assist in absorbing nutrients.

~ Constipated? High fiber in bananas can help normalize bowel motility.

~ Got the runs? Bananas are soothing to the digestive tract and help restore lost electrolytes after diarrhea.

~ Bananas are a natural antacid, providing relief from acid reflux, heartburn and GERD

~ Bananas are the only raw fruit that can be consumed without distress to relieve stomach ulcers by coating the lining of the stomach against corrosive acids

Continued...
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    ~ They taste good!

~ Uh huh
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Peel bananas the way monkeys do, from the bottom. They have much more experience and have been doing it much longer.

I like bananas. I tried a weird banana I saw at the Farmers market awhile back. It looked and had the texture of a mini Banana but tasted like an apple. It was good but I think my brain was having a hard time with a banana tasting like an apple.

Also just a heads-up the GM version of banana's will be coming to America grocery stores soon. This is one reason to make sure you get organic bananas.

GMO Bananas to Boost Vitamin A Arrive for First Test in Iowa
    http://naturalsociety.com/gmo-banana...#ixzz3A6qFb5tl

Big Biotech, Bill Gates Working to Create GMO Super Banana to Fight Malnutrition
    http://naturalsociety.com/gates-foun...#ixzz3A6qUvLly

I just posted a list of tips to keep food fresh longer and I thought this one belonged here.

(One for your Banana thread Donnay)
    17. Wrap the crown of a bunch of bananas with plastic wrap.
    They’ll keep for 3-5 days longer than usual, which is especially helpful if you eat organic bananas. Bananas also produce more ethelyne gas than any other fruit, so keep them isolated on the counter.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/peggy/27-way...as-pos#4kk946e

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by donnay View Post
    Also just a heads-up the GM version of banana's will be coming to America grocery stores soon. This is one reason to make sure you get organic bananas.

GMO Bananas to Boost Vitamin A Arrive for First Test in Iowa
    http://naturalsociety.com/gmo-banana...#ixzz3A6qFb5tl

Big Biotech, Bill Gates Working to Create GMO Super Banana to Fight Malnutrition
    http://naturalsociety.com/gates-foun...#ixzz3A6qUvLly
    (*&^*&#@ I wonder why they did not boost something that is already in the banana rather than adding something to it that does not occur naturally

Quote Originally Posted by Working Poor View Post
    (*&^*&#@ I wonder why they did not boost something that is already in the banana rather than adding something to it that does not occur naturally

Because they love playing God. Then they sell their frankenfood saying it's to help battle hunger.

Quote Originally Posted by helmuth_hubener View Post
    ~ They taste good!
    Especially slathered with peanut butter and a nice big freezing cold glass of milk! mmmmmmmmmmm
    Diversity finds unity in the message of freedom.

Dilige et quod vis fac. ~ Saint Augustine

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Above all I think everyone needs to understand that neither the Bundys nor Finicum were militia or had prior military training. They were, first and foremost, Ranchers who had about all the shit they could take.
    Quote Originally Posted by HOLLYWOOD View Post
    If anything, this situation has proved the government is nothing but a dictatorship backed by deadly force... no different than the dictatorships in the banana republics, just more polished and cleverly propagandized.
    "I'll believe in good cops when they start turning bad cops in."

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    In a free society there will be bigotry, and racism, and sexism and religious disputes and, and, and.......
    I don't want to live in a cookie cutter, federally mandated society.
    Give me messy freedom every time!

Don't forget that the peels shine up leather

Cassiopeia loves them.. Honey can't start peeling one in the kitchen without that dog knowing it.
    She always gets part of it.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    Cassiopeia loves them.. Honey can't start peeling one in the kitchen without that dog knowing it.
    She always gets part of it.

Well that's only the second banana eating dog I've heard of. The other one is a Scottie. Our Min. Schnauzers take the bites and then drop them on the floor across the room.

Quote Originally Posted by Working Poor View Post
    Don't forget that the peels shine up leather

If you want whiter teeth, rub the inside peel on your teeth.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Thumbs up Bananas Aren’t Just For Monkeys – Discover 25 Reasons To Eat Bananas

Bananas Aren’t Just For Monkeys – Discover 25 Reasons To Eat Bananas

By JB Bardot

You’ll never look at a banana the same way again after discovering the many health benefits and reasons to add them to your diet. Bananas are high in fiber and three natural sugars — glucose, sucrose and fructose — giving them almost magical powers to provide a huge energy boost. Bananas combat depression, make you smarter, cure hangovers, relieve morning sickness, protect against kidney cancer, diabetes, osteoporosis and blindness. They can cure the itch of a mosquito bite and put a great shine on your shoes. If you think bananas are just for monkeys, think again.

~ Bananas help overcome depression due high levels of tryptophan, which is converted into serotonin — the happy-mood brain neurotransmitter
    ~ Eat two bananas before a strenuous workout to pack an energy punch and sustain your blood sugar
    ~ Protect against muscle cramps during workouts and night time leg cramps by eating a banana
    ~ Counteract calcium loss during urination and build strong bones by supplementing with a banana
    ~ Improve your mood and reduce PMS symptoms by eating a banana, which regulates blood sugar and produces stress-relieving relaxation
    ~ Bananas reduce swelling, protect against type II diabetes, aid weight loss, strengthen the nervous system, and help with the production of white blood cells, all due to high levels of vitamin B-6
    ~ Strengthen your blood and relieve anemia with the added iron from bananas
    ~ High in potassium and low in salt, bananas are officially recognized by the FDA as being able to lower blood pressure, and protect against heart attack and stroke.

Continued...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	minion-gifs-16.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	19.5 KB 
ID:	4224
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails minion-gifs-7.jpg  

Hey thanks...I thought I posted that before. You're a real gem.

I'd eat more bananas if I could pick the damn things....

The way it works around here is that I'll buy a bunch with every intention of eating 'em and feeding 'em to the kid then................Poof!.............Liquid, black bananas...

Every once in a while we'll get a few down the gullet but by and large they're just expensive compost....

./
    Last edited by specsaregood; 05-17-2016 at 05:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    I'd eat more bananas if I could pick the damn things....

The way it works around here is that I'll buy a bunch with every intention of eating 'em and feeding 'em to the kid then................Poof!.............Liquid, black bananas...

Every once in a while we'll get a few down the gullet but by and large they're just expensive compost....
    Don't throw them away...put them in the freezer. You can make a great smoothie from over-ripped bananas. You can also make Banana nut bread or muffins.

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    meh, they give me heartburn.
    Hmm...interesting. I read where Bananas help people combat heartburn.

Hmm...interesting. I read where Bananas help people combat heartburn.
    not me, they give me horrible heartburn and not much else gives me heartburn nowadays.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Paging Occam's Banana.
    On Trump:
    How conservative Republicans can continue to support this arrogant imposter—the man who brags about inflicting the world with the Covid mark of the beast; the man who said, “Take the guns first, go through due process second”; and the man who deliberately played and then set up Stewart Rhodes (of course, Stewart was all too eager to be Trump’s patsy) for an 18-year prison sentence—is truly beyond my comprehension.” Chuck Baldwin

It's deja vu all over again.
    "The Patriarch"

Hey thanks...I thought I posted that before. You're a real gem.
    There's always room for another banana thread.

I love bananas but the banana ice cream I made (I think I posted a recipe on here somewhere) was kind of gnarly. (No offense, Occam)

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    There's always room for another banana thread.

I love bananas but the banana ice cream I made (I think I posted a recipe on here somewhere) was kind of gnarly. (No offense, Occam)

Banana pudding with Nilla wafers. Mmm.

Very cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

Note on potassium: RDA for potassium is 4,700 mg. A single banana has about 422 so to get the RDA just from that source, you need to eat ten bananas a day.

As for those GMO bananas with more vitamin A- they are just a cross between two different varieties. And it isn't the type of bananas most sold in this country (Cavendish) which already has higher levels of vitamin A than the one developed. http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/n...ayed/21678303/

White said the goal of her research is to help people in Africa increase their production of vitamin A. "In Uganda and other African countries, vitamin A deficiency is a major contributor to deaths in childhood from infectious diseases," she wrote in a statement released by the university in July. "Wouldn't it be great if these bananas could prevent preschool kids from dying from diarrhea, malaria or measles?"

The scientist said the new type of banana includes a gene taken from another banana species, which naturally produces large amounts of beta-carotene. When people eat beta-carotene, their bodies turn it into vitamin A.

Residents of Uganda and nearby countries don't favor the type of sweet banana that naturally carries the extra beta-carotene, White said. So researchers have put the gene into a less-sweet type of banana that east Africans often use in cooking. White added that the new banana has no seeds, so there is no danger that the genetically modified plant would escape into nature.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast