Thread: Other Ways for Rand to Build a Large Campaign Network Base

Other Ways for Rand to Build a Large Campaign Network Base

Something came to my mind during Rand's little tour of Iowa.

This fall is the mid-terms. But we're not just electing Reps and Senators. In most states, we're also electing governors. And said governors happen to be a part of the Tea Party Class of 2010, many of which are vulnerable.

In states like Florida, Wisconsin, Kansas, Georgia, Colorado, and Michigan, the races are all classified as toss-ups. The RCP averages currently show the GOP incumbent with a very small lead, except for Coloado, where Hickenlooper is ahead by only 1 point. The races will probably get even narrower as the real campaigns kick off in mid-September.

In Illinois, Illinoisans are poised to elect their first Republican governor in over a decade. I guess the Quinn-Madigan-Emmanuel Machine really did a number, haha.

With all of that in mind, do you think Rand should endorse and do some campaigning for these gubernatorial nominees in these states? He doesn't have to do a whole lot, but he could make some sort of a dent in these races.

If Rand plays his cards right and manages to get the nomination, he could bring some of these states into play. And how great would it be to have governors from his own party welcome him into their state and give him a platform to speak, maybe even get their endorsement.

Thoughts?
    Last edited by PaleoPaul; 08-07-2014 at 07:47 PM.
    Rand Paul 2016
    Justin Amash 2024
    Thomas Massie 2032

Check out Matthew Vines' Reformation Project!

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    My guess is that Rand already has this in mind.... it's kind of an obvious thing to do.
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

I'm sorry but if he brings that "Scott is cool with me because he has an R next to his name" I will UNDERSTAND it's to ensure playing the field in 2016 but sending a message to Florida GOP is more important so Wyllie still getting the YES box checked from me for Governor.

Quote Originally Posted by philipped View Post
    I'm sorry but if he brings that "Scott is cool with me because he has an R next to his name" I will UNDERSTAND it's to ensure playing the field in 2016 but sending a message to Florida GOP is more important so Wyllie still getting the YES box checked from me for Governor.
    I understand. However, states like Florida and Ohio are CRITICAL for Rand in 2016, and having a welcoming governor would be the icing on the cake for him.
    Rand Paul 2016
    Justin Amash 2024
    Thomas Massie 2032

Check out Matthew Vines' Reformation Project!

Quote Originally Posted by PaleoPaul View Post
    I understand. However, states like Florida and Ohio are CRITICAL for Rand in 2016, and having a welcoming governor would be the icing on the cake for him.
    So how does Florida GOP learn their lesson in being more libertarian leaning? By showing a Rand endorsement saves your seat? Or a sizable amount of the voters will go 3rd party and jeopardize your seat if you don't shape up that way?

I really think that all the libertarian activists on the ground throughout the nation while going into 2014 and 16 should have this message for the GOP...ADAPT OR DIE! I mean I've heard Rand say that plenty of times before on the TV myself lol.