Thread: Help with some art? Need a Gadsden snake in shape of a B!

Help with some art? Need a Gadsden snake in shape of a B!

This is for a Libertarian friend who is running for state rep. His last name starts with B.

There is no Republican in the race, so it's L vs D. The incumbent is a pretty popular D, but it will still be interesting to see how many votes he'll pull.

If you need more info message me!
    Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder. ~GEORGE WASHINGTON, letter, Aug. 17, 1779

Quit yer b*tching and whining and GET INVOLVED!!

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Created a while back using 3DSM and Daz Studio.

Please feel free to download and use as you see fit.

Rich
    There are lots of very generous digital artist who do this kind of thing and let you use their work for your purpose.

http://www.deviantart.com/?q=Gadsden+snake+
    Last edited by Natural Citizen; 08-07-2014 at 08:14 PM.

I would advise him not to use a snake in his logo.

Its kind of creepy if people dont get the reference. Yes I get it, but its a dumb idea.

Quote Originally Posted by VoluntaryAmerican View Post

Its kind of creepy if people dont get the reference. Yes I get it, but its a dumb idea.
    You say this with out knowing anything about the demographics of the people that will be voting.
    "The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles." —Jeff Cooper

Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared with scars.

Quote Originally Posted by TomtheTinker View Post
    You say this with out knowing anything about the demographics of the people that will be voting.
    The assessment of "dumb idea" is a bit extreme, but he has a point. Unless your demographic is very specifically known to be amenable to such symbolism and what it means in this application, I might re-think the stratagem. Forget that so many people are creeeped out by snakes. Consider the broad assessment of the average nitwit that the "Don't Tread On Me" position is that of whack-0s. Unless you know you have a strong demographic in support of the liberty position, I might choose other means of getting their attention.

Just my worthless opinion, of course.
    freedomisobvious.blogspot.com

There is only one correct way: freedom. All other solutions are non-solutions.

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Our words make us the ghosts that we are.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

I'm not an artist, but it looks like a B like this one could be made out of a coiling snake.

Last edited by presence; 08-29-2014 at 01:12 PM.

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

Awareness is the Root of Liberation Revolution is Action upon Revelation

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo.

...the familiar ritual of institutional self-absolution...
    ...for protecting them, by mock trial, from punishment...

dup
    Last edited by presence; 08-29-2014 at 01:07 PM.

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Last edited by presence; 08-29-2014 at 02:04 PM.

Thank you presence!!!
    Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder. ~GEORGE WASHINGTON, letter, Aug. 17, 1779

Quote Originally Posted by VoluntaryAmerican View Post

What about a tree of liberty next to a brook?

Anyone?

I thought coiled around a "B"... then I read the snake bad idea post and thought in agreement... then I saw the

And thought it should say,

Don't tread on us!

Brooksbank

P.S. Nice job with the B job on the snake.

Quote Originally Posted by mosquitobite View Post

Anyone?
    Yes! A brook flowing with the blood of patriots and tyrants!

Well it DOES need to be refreshed!!

Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

Anyone?
    Haha! The reason VoluntaryAmerican gave, and our PM conversation, is why I didn't send over the other.

If there are any references to other ideas/images, I'll keep an eye out.

Thank you presence!!!
    No worries! Post a photo if you end up using it.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    How did this work out?