Thread: "Dumb as a rock" Nancy Pelosi calls Africa a "country"

"Dumb as a rock" Nancy Pelosi calls Africa a "country"

Biden called it a country also (as did Santorum. Palin was said to have, but never did.)

Islands tipping over, the country of Africa, our 400 year old Constitution, profit and earnings ratios, and so much more... Our country is being run (into the ground) by downright morons.

If the Founders are rolling in their graves (and I believe they are), half the time it's probably from laughing their asses off at these idiot clowns.

http://www.examiner.com/article/dumb...-deletes-tweet

On Wednesday, House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi, the California Democrat recently called "dumb as a rock" by retired Army Lt. Col. Ralph Peters, issued a tweet referring to Africa as a country, Twitchy said. Pelosi, perhaps recognizing her mistake, deleted the message, but not before it was captured by a number of people.

"Honored to join my colleagues & @OfficialCBC at #USAfrica Leaders Summit to discuss the valuable relationship between our two countries," she wrote. There's only one problem, as many on Twitter pointed out. Africa is a continent, not a single country.

"Okay, unlike Biden's minor slip-up, this is a legit gaffe," said T. Becket Adams. "Dear @NancyPelosi, Africa is not a country … you dingus."

"I think she and Biden copied the talking points into their Twitter feeds," one person added. While speaking at the U.S.-Africa Business Forum this week, Vice President Joe Biden made the same mistake, referring to Africa as a country twice instead of a continent.

“There is no reason the nation of Africa cannot, and should not, join the ranks of the worlds most prosperous nations,” Biden said. Conservatives across the country pounced on his gaffe, recalling how liberals ridicule Sarah Palin for allegedly being "dumb."

"In 24 hrs both Joe Biden & Nancy Pelosi referred to Africa as a 'nation,'" one person said on Twitter. "Is this a great country or what? You can get to the top ignorant!"

Recently, conservative author and comedian Evan Sayet explained why liberals like Pelosi and Biden rise to the top of their professions despite being "stupid." According to Sayet, liberals succeed because they choose professions that don't require them to actually do anything.

"They don't build, they don't make, they don't construct, they don't manufacture, they don't prepare, they don't sow, they don't mend," he said. "Every single profession that we associate with liberalism is all talk, but no action, and the thing is when you don't 'do anything,' you don't know what you're talking about."
    Based on the idea of natural rights, government secures those rights to the individual by strictly negative intervention, making justice costless and easy of access; and beyond that it does not go. The State, on the other hand, both in its genesis and by its primary intention, is purely anti-social. It is not based on the idea of natural rights, but on the idea that the individual has no rights except those that the State may provisionally grant him. It has always made justice costly and difficult of access, and has invariably held itself above justice and common morality whenever it could advantage itself by so doing.
    --Albert J. Nock

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

^ Helfeld is great!

https://www.youtube.com/user/janhelfeld

I'm loathe to link to the Weekly Neo-Trot Standard, but Helfeld seemed proud of it:

Socratic Assassin
    Meet Jan Helfeld, Internet provocateur.
    hxxp://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/socratic-assassin_786013.html

He tripped up Weigel real good too.
    Based on the idea of natural rights, government secures those rights to the individual by strictly negative intervention, making justice costless and easy of access; and beyond that it does not go. The State, on the other hand, both in its genesis and by its primary intention, is purely anti-social. It is not based on the idea of natural rights, but on the idea that the individual has no rights except those that the State may provisionally grant him. It has always made justice costly and difficult of access, and has invariably held itself above justice and common morality whenever it could advantage itself by so doing.
    --Albert J. Nock

I forgot about that one! We should start a thread: Dumbass politicians saying dumbass things. It would be a long one.
    --Albert J. Nock

Quote Originally Posted by Lucille View Post
    I forgot about that one! We should start a thread: Dumbass politicians saying dumbass things. It would be a long one.
    I started one a while back. It lived for a fews days.

Okay..

- I visited all 57 States in the US
    - Gun Control will make us Safer
    - You need Govt to protect you from <insert overhyped threat here>
    1776 > 1984

The FAILURE of the United States Government to operate and maintain an
    Honest Money System , which frees the ordinary man from the clutches of the money manipulators, is the single largest contributing factor to the World's current Economic Crisis.

The Elimination of Privacy is the Architecture of Genocide

Belief, Money, and Violence are the three ways all people are controlled

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Our central bank is not privately owned.

Quote Originally Posted by green73 View Post
    LOL I have to see it. It should be stickied!
    --Albert J. Nock

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Link or it didn't happen.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Quote Originally Posted by DamianTV View Post
    Okay..

- I visited all 57 States in the US
    - Gun Control will make us Safer
    - You need Govt to protect you from <insert overhyped threat here>
    Well he said 57 states and he had one left to go and then he said he wasn't allowed to go to Alaska and Hawaii.

What's it called? I was looking for it the other day?
    “The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, but he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them.” --George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    In terms of a full spectrum candidate, Rand is leaps and bounds above Trump. I'm not disputing that.
    Who else in public life has called for a pre-emptive strike on North Korea?--Donald Trump

The Official "US elected officials are really f----n stupid" thread

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...ghlight=stupid

Pelosi, Biden, and Rick Santorum, probably the three dumbest people in the US.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucille View Post
    Biden called it a country also (as did Santorum. Palin was said to have, but never did.)

Islands tipping over, the country of Africa, our 400 year old Constitution, profit and earnings ratios, and so much more... Our country is being run (into the ground) by downright morons.
    Don't forget Obama's 57 states....and Senator Cory Booker (D) who drove to Hawaii.
    Last edited by qh4dotcom; 08-09-2014 at 06:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by FreedomFanatic View Post

you can toss Palin in that group as well....

Quote Originally Posted by FreedomFanatic View Post
    Less than the people who voted for them... Bazinga!
    "IF GOD DIDN'T WANT TO HELP AMERICA, THEN WE WOULD HAVE Hillary Clinton"!!
    "let them search you,touch you,violate your Rights,just don't be a dick!"~ cdc482
    "For Wales. Why Richard, it profits a man nothing to give his soul for the whole world. But for Wales?"
    All my life I've been at the mercy of men just following orders... Never again!~Erik Lehnsherr
    There's nothing wrong with stopping people randomly, especially near bars, restaurants etc.~Velho

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    ////
    Do something Danke

"Dumb as a rock" Nancy Pelosi calls Africa a "country"
    In California, “dumb as a rock” puts a person at the 50 percentile...
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Africa barely even has roads, it doesn't qualify as a country
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post
    Africa barely even has roads, it doesn't qualify as a country
    Last time I was on a river in Cameroon I did not even see a postal box .
    Do something Danke

You ever look at people like Pelosi and wonder, "How the hell did they get their job?"
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge