Thread: Why OK public schools rank so poorly: teacher shows up drunk

Why OK public schools rank so poorly: teacher shows up drunk

http://kfor.com/2014/08/05/oklahoma-...-school-drunk/

WAGONER, Okla. – An Oklahoma school teacher is starting the school year behind bars.

She was taken to jail after she allegedly showed up to school drunk in Wagoner, Okla., which is in the northeast part of the state.

According to the Tulsa World, Wagoner Police say Lori Ann Hill, 49, was caught in her classroom with her pants down and was arrested for public intoxication.

Surprised she didn't get charged with some sort of sex offense as well.
    I have an autographed copy of Revolution: A Manifesto for sale. Mint condition, inquire within. (I don't sign in often, so please allow plenty of time for a response)

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Insane. You know, I had actually thought of teaching at one point. I looked into the requirements and I would have had to take a couple years' worth of classes in order to teach history. My degree is in history, so I have taken more history courses than the typical history teacher. But I didn't take Kansas History (seriously?) or all of those stupid EDU classes (I already know how to glue macaroni onto colored construction paper), so I wasn't qualified.

It kills me though when I see teachers on television and they come across as completely uneducated. Credentialism is killing us.
    "I shall bring justice to Westeros. Every man shall reap what he has sown, from the highest lord to the lowest gutter rat. They have made my kingdom bleed, and I do not forget that."
    -Stannis Baratheon

Quote Originally Posted by Philhelm View Post
    Insane. You know, I had actually thought of teaching at one point. I looked into the requirements and I would have had to take a couple years' worth of classes in order to teach history. My degree is in history, so I have taken more history courses than the typical history teacher. But I didn't take Kansas History (seriously?) or all of those stupid EDU classes (I already know how to glue macaroni onto colored construction paper), so I wasn't qualified.

It kills me though when I see teachers on television and they come across as completely uneducated. Credentialism is killing us.
    methinks you are just jealous. this "teacher" was just caught in the act, of showing her... "credentials"
    "If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough." - Albert Einstein

"for I have sworn upon the altar of god eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man. - Thomas Jefferson.

Quote Originally Posted by HVACTech View Post
    methinks you are just jealous. this "teacher" was just caught in the act, of showing her... "credentials"
    If you click through to the article, you'll see that that isn't saying much.
    I have an autographed copy of Revolution: A Manifesto for sale. Mint condition, inquire within. (I don't sign in often, so please allow plenty of time for a response)

Has anyone notified AF? Far from water, but she may be a keeper.
    http://localtvkfor.files.wordpress.c...0&h=225&crop=1
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Holy cow.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    Holy cow.
    Thank GAWD for Mississippi!
    "If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough." - Albert Einstein

"for I have sworn upon the altar of god eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man. - Thomas Jefferson.