Thread: Official Tom McMillin Election Day / Primary Results Thread

Official Tom McMillin Election Day / Primary Results Thread

Post any predictions, on-the-ground reports, and miscellaneous updates here. Results will be posted in this thread later tonight (polls close at 8 pm ET).

results here:
    http://www.politico.com/2014-electio.../#.U-Fjm-NdXTo
    http://miboecfr.nictusa.com/election.../06008000.html
    Last edited by jct74; 08-05-2014 at 05:49 PM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Tom McMillin for Congress

Today is election day! All the 'experts' are saying that turnout will be very low. Let's prove them wrong!

Vote Tom McMillin to Transform Congress!

If you aren't sure where your polling place is you can check here: https://webapps.sos.state.mi.us/mivote/

Need some last min information? Check out Tom's website: http://www.tom4michigan.com/

https://www.facebook.com/tom4michiga...037351/?type=1

"Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

2.6% Reporting

M. Bishop - 56.8% - 9,220
    T. McMillin - 43.2% - 6,999

http://www.politico.com/2014-electio.../#.U-F3sONdXTp

Just did an FEC search and saw that Bishop gave $250 to Dave Trott, Bentivolio's opponent.

22.0% Reporting

M. Bishop - 57.1% - 12,842
    T. McMillin - 42.9% - 9,666

http://www.politico.com/2014-electio.../#.U-F_4uNdXTr

This is looking like an establishment win here in Michigan and I'm not just talking about McMillin....All the grassroots conservatives in my county aren't doing that well. Sorry, just venting...
    Support Justin Amash for Congress
    Michigan Congressional District 3

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Yeah, this sucks. And it's not even close. I didn't want to say it in the beginning, but I was hoping he would just stick with the State Senate race. The clowns in that race right now are only a few votes apart.

Well, there's money I won't get back. Remind me to save my cash for candidates who actually have a realistic shot at winning not based on trumped-up optimism of forum members.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.NoSmile View Post
    Well, there's money I won't get back. Remind me to save my cash for candidates who actually have a realistic shot at winning not based on trumped-up optimism of forum members.
    Finishing with over 40% means you were well within range.

Quote Originally Posted by TaftFan View Post
    Finishing with over 40% means you were well within range.
    Yeah, we needed another establishment candidate to split the vote up. Unfortunately, Bishop is a well known political figure in Michigan, with no huge negatives to exploit with the ignorant masses. Hell, sixty percent of the general voting population probably thinks that being an establishment, MIC, big government, corporatist, Chamber of Commerce candidate is a good thing.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Supporting Member
    Phoenix, AZ

Blog Entries
    If you are doing this to get money back, you are doing it wrong.
    Citizen of Arizona
    @cleaner4d4

I am a libertarian. I am advocating everyone enjoy maximum freedom on both personal and economic issues as long as they do not bring violence unto others.

Money only helps to make canadates visable; however, the message has to be understood. Most people are raised to hate and disturb outhers liberty in favor of their selfish world views.

The power of Rogers' endorsement was underestimated (myself included). The last independent poll had Bishop up by 12, but that number jumped to 20 pts when likely-voters were told that Bishop is endorsed by Rogers, which is exactly what the results were.

One reason Dave Brat won is because Cantor was so aloof with his constituents, but that wasn't necessarily the case with Rogers.

Well, at least I got reelected as a delegate. Kerry must be super depressed right now but he had it coming to him for screwing up that easy vote on the debt ceiling.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cleaner44 View Post
    If you are doing this to get money back, you are doing it wrong.
    I'll thank you for not presuming to know why or why not I do something. I invested in because I believed he had a realistic shot at winning this...as I already posted. Read what's there, don't read too deep into what's not there. Thanks.

It's not like we knew and tried to cover it up. I spent hours phone banking for him. We did not realize how much of a financial advantage Bishop would have. The first financial report did not appear until July 16 2014, after the Transform Congress moneybomb. Amash gave McMillin $10,400. He wouldn't do that unless he thought he could win.