Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Road to 2016 Victory Fund - Donate to the 1st step towards Rand Paul 2016

Thumbs up Road to 2016 Victory Fund - Donate to the 1st step towards Rand Paul 2016

Over the past five years, I've been travelling the country, coast to coast, simply to cover one of the most important political movements in our country's history. The campaigns of Ron and Rand Paul have proven to have a lasting effect on our country's overall demeanor, as evidenced by the rapid growth of the Liberty Caucus in the U.S. House, and the reduced desire to want to invade and bomb other countries. Without people like Ron Paul educating the masses this never could have happened, in my opinion.

I was a firsthand witness to the liberty movement after Ron Paul ran in 2008, and began by documenting the U.S. Senate campaign of a certain ophthalmologist from Bowling Green, Kentucky. Since then, I've attended more than 130 events from California to Texas to Iowa, Florida, Nevada, New Hampshire, Indiana, Arizona, and dozens of other states, uploading thousands of images in an attempt to combat the liberal media bias of other photo databases like AP or Getty. Photographing the liberty movement from the liberty perspective allows the average citizen to gain an accurate portrayal of the movement as a whole, and allows voters the opportunity to see the the movement that Ron and Rand Paul have inspired.

As we approach the 2016 election, and the campaign in 2015 gets closer and closer, I've been weighing my options in regards to the best way to cover the potential campaign of Rand Paul in 2016. I have considered reaching out to the campaign about the possibility of providing photographic documentation of events leading up the 2016 election, but I feel as though I should reach out to the grassroots who have helped me thus far first.

As such, I've decided to launch an Indiegogo campaign that will allow me to establish funds to travel and document the early phases of the 2016 election cycle. I will attend and post photos from all of the important events that the liberty movement would be interested in seeing covered, for as much as these funds allow me to do so. For those that donate, there are also several perks that are associated with certain dollar amounts, so please take advantage of those as well.

If you feel like this is a worthwhile cause please consider donating at the link below. If you would like to look at my portfolio of images from the past five years, you can find my Ron Paul and Rand Paul photos by clicking each of their names.

All donations should be made at the following link: http://igg.me/at/2016victory/x/6350577

Thank you, and I hope those that are able to contribute will consider this a worthy cause.

Edit: If you would like to contribute through Bitcoin, here is my address: 15FmR54hu4f7c9yw4pP1WpaEBUZsboHpg8

Last edited by Gage; 08-07-2014 at 05:51 PM.
    "We have nothing to fear except our own unwillingness to defend what is naturally ours, our God-given rights. We have nothing to fear that should cause us to forget or relinquish our rights as free men and women. To thrive, we must believe in ourselves again, and we must never, never trade our liberty for any fleeting promise of security." - Rand Paul

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I'm in Gage and will contribute in a couple days. I can't think of a better person for the task and I know you will do a stellar job of documenting this. Actually I would like to see the campaign hire you personally to do this but if not I think this is very worthy cause for the grassroots to fund. Have you calculated the approximate costs of this adventure?

Quote Originally Posted by PatriotOne View Post
    I'm in Gage and will contribute in a couple days. I can't think of a better person for the task and I know you will do a stellar job of documenting this. Actually I would like to see the campaign hire you personally to do this but if not I think this is very worthy cause for the grassroots to fund. Have you calculated the approximate costs of this adventure?
    It's not easy to calculate unless I know when and where I would be travelling to, I had wanted to go to Iowa this week, but the logistics including funding just weren't there. However much I am able to raise though will be put towards this effort, and whatever I'm not able to raise will obviously stop me from being able to go everywhere every time something is going on. But whatever I'm able to receive from generous donors, I am extremely grateful.
    "We have nothing to fear except our own unwillingness to defend what is naturally ours, our God-given rights. We have nothing to fear that should cause us to forget or relinquish our rights as free men and women. To thrive, we must believe in ourselves again, and we must never, never trade our liberty for any fleeting promise of security." - Rand Paul

Are you working on scheduling planned photo shoots with Rand?

I could see that as being mutually beneficial. He might even pay you, allowing you to go to more events.

Quote Originally Posted by TaftFan View Post
    Are you working on scheduling planned photo shoots with Rand?

I could see that as being mutually beneficial. He might even pay you, allowing you to go to more events.
    I only plan on doing event coverage as of now.

Bump. Gage has been in the thick of it from the very beginning of rand's political career and he is worth supporting 100%

The staff of rpf is with you, gage. Let us know if we can help in anyway.
    The ultimate minority is the individual. Protect the individual from Democracy and you will protect all groups of individuals
    Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual. - Thomas Jefferson
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

- Bene Gesserit Litany Against Fear

Quote Originally Posted by Kotin View Post
    Bump. Gage has been in the thick of it from the very beginning of rand's political career and he is worth supporting 100%

Thanks, Kotin! You have always been supportive and very generous since the very beginning as well.

And of course, the best way to help is to donate anything you are able to afford! I know times are tough nowadays though, so no matter how small a donation may be, everything adds up.

Also, as evidence that I am still working hard for the liberty movement, I am currently uploading photos from this year's Young Americans for Liberty National Convention onto my Flickr, you can see those photos on the main page: http://flickr.com/gageskidmore

Still uploading though as I type this!

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Is your photography in the public domain, Gage? Do you copyright it? In other words, is this history your property and yours alone to decide it's use or application?
    Last edited by Natural Citizen; 08-04-2014 at 09:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Natural Citizen View Post
    Is your photography in the public domain, Gage? Do you copyright it? In other words, is this history your property and yours alone to decide it's use or application?
    I release my photos under the CC-BY-SA license, which usually just requests attribution to use my photos, but I freely allow the liberty movement to use my photos however they like (in most cases).

Quote Originally Posted by Gage View Post
    I release my photos under the CC-BY-SA license, which usually just requests attribution to use my photos, but I freely allow the liberty movement to use my photos however they like (in most cases).
    I see. Thanks for answering that. I wasn't trying to be a smart aleck or anything. I was genuinely curious. I see some of your work actually used against the movement sometimes. In youtube videos and op-eds around the web. That kind of thing. Like they'll put pictures that they have found from you and use them in their hit pieces.

You do take very good pictures so I'll see what I can contribute.

Quote Originally Posted by Bastiat's The Law View Post
    Kickstarter?
    Indiegogo is basically the same thing, but Kickstarter is based more around the "pledge" concept rather than actually donating directly through credit card or PayPal, if I understand it correctly.

Here is the donation link if you need it again: http://igg.me/at/2016victory/x/6350577

Quote Originally Posted by Natural Citizen View Post
    I see. Thanks for answering that. I wasn't trying to be a smart aleck or anything. I was genuinely curious. I see some of your work actually used against the movement sometimes. In youtube videos and op-eds around the web. That kind of thing. Like they'll put pictures that they have found from you and use them in their hit pieces.

You do take very good pictures so I'll see what I can contribute.
    Yes, that is the unfortunate part of making your photos publicly available, but hopefully my photos get more use for positive purposes than negative. Reason and Rare always seem to enjoy using my photos as often as they can.

EVERYBODY DONATE! I just chipped in $20. We need more high quality photos of Rand and everybody else in the liberty movement. And we need to support Gage. He has sacrificed a lot of personal time to this cause and I say God bless him.
    SUPPORT LIBERTY IN 2016

Quote Originally Posted by Massachusetts View Post
    EVERYBODY DONATE! I just chipped in $20. We need more high quality photos of Rand and everybody else in the liberty movement. And we need to support Gage. He has sacrificed a lot of personal time to this cause and I say God bless him.
    Thank you for donating, Massachusetts!

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Staff - Admin
    Houston, TX

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kotin View Post

+1.

Quote Originally Posted by Massachusetts View Post
    +1. I'm in for $20 too. That's all it takes, it can really add up fast.
    This site has a specific purpose defined in our Mission Statement.

Members must read and follow our Community Guidelines.

I strive to respond to all queries; please excuse late and out-of-sequence responses.

Quote Originally Posted by Bryan View Post
    +1. I'm in for $20 too. That's all it takes, it can really add up fast.
    Thank you Bryan for donating!

Quote Originally Posted by fr33 View Post
    $50
    Thank you for donating fr33! Your high quality print will go out soon.

I'll assume some people in NH and elsewhere are wondering if you accept BitCoin (not that I have any).

Quote Originally Posted by Tinnuhana View Post
    I'll assume some people in NH and elsewhere are wondering if you accept BitCoin (not that I have any).
    I'm actually one of those people that have no idea how to use Bitcoin, but I don't think Indiegogo will accept it unfortunately.

bump!!
    The ultimate minority is the individual. Protect the individual from Democracy and you will protect all groups of individuals
    Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual. - Thomas Jefferson
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

- Bene Gesserit Litany Against Fear

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I just finished posting my Young Americans for Liberty National Convention photos last night, if you want to see those here is the album: https://www.flickr.com/photos/gagesk...7646236546063/

Donated $20. Best of luck with your fundraiser Gage.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

Quote Originally Posted by devil21 View Post
    Donated $20. Best of luck with your fundraiser Gage.
    Thank you devil21, I appreciate it!

Well I'd like to give a big thank you to Jeff Frazee of Young Americans for Liberty who just gave an enormous donation to help out this cause!

Gage is pretty much a beast! This guy has been around here since day 1. don't think, just donate.

Staff - Admin
    Houston, TX

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Gage View Post
    Well I'd like to give a big thank you to Jeff Frazee of Young Americans for Liberty who just gave an enormous donation to help out this cause!
    Nice! $1,160USD raised of $1,000 goal, with 29 days left. Looks like you set the bar too low.
    This site has a specific purpose defined in our Mission Statement.

Members must read and follow our Community Guidelines.

I strive to respond to all queries; please excuse late and out-of-sequence responses.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast