Thread: Russia To Ban Several McDonalds Burgers Including Royal And Filet-O-Fish

Russia To Ban Several McDonalds Burgers Including Royal And Filet-O-Fish

Russia To Ban Several McDonalds Burgers Including Royal And Filet-O-Fish

Submitted by Tyler Durden on 07/25/2014 08:01 -0400

Think only the US can engage in the farce known as "sanctions" (why theater, because until Obama sanctions Gazprom, yeah right... crickets... it is nothing but populist theater)? Think again. Overnight Russia's consumer protection agency, filed a lawsuit in a Moscow court - which clearly has nothing to do with recent geopolitical bickering between the former Cold War enemies - seeking to ban some of McDonald's Corp's burgers along with its milk shakes and ice cream, a court spokeswoman said on Friday.

The reason for the ban: as Reuters reports, a regional branch of the consumer protection agency Rospotrebnadzor asked the court to declare production and sales of some products illegal due to "inappropriate physical-chemical parameters."

The lawsuit's list of contested products named the fast-food chain's Royal Cheeseburger, Filet-o-Fish, Cheeseburger and Chicken Burger but not its Big Mac burger.

In other words as Gazprom is to Western sanctions of Russia, so the Big Mac is to Russian countersactions of the US. Impair Russian gas flows to Europe (something which Europe would clearly never allow but indulge us in a thought experiment), and Le Big Mac gets it. And yes, Russia is important to very important for MCD's whose recent earnings have already been disappointing even without having to worry about a Russian embargo: The fast-food company operates about 400 restaurants in Russia and sees the country as one of its top seven major markets outside the United States and Canada, according to its 2013 annual report.

More from Reuters:

read more:
    http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2014-0...d-filet-o-fish
    Last edited by jct74; 08-04-2014 at 01:10 PM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Be on the lookout for the "Mc Ivanovich"....

This means WWWAAARRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!
    The proper concern of society is the preservation of individual freedom; the proper concern of the individual is the harmony of society.

"Who would be free, themselves must strike the blow." - Byron

"Who overcomes by force, hath overcome but half his foe." - Milton

Have It Your Way at Burger Tsar!
    Inspired by US Rep. Ron Paul of Texas, this site is dedicated to facilitating grassroots initiatives that aim to restore a sovereign limited constitutional Republic based on the rule of law, states' rights and individual rights. We seek to enshrine the original intent of our Founders to foster respect for private property, seek justice, provide opportunity, and to secure individual liberty for ourselves and our posterity.

A police state is a small price to pay for living in the freest country on earth.

Russia Shuts Moscow McDonalds Due To "Sanitary Breaches"

Submitted by Tyler Durden on 08/20/2014 11:38 -0400

Sanctions blowback? Russian food safety watchdog Rospotrebnadzor has ordered the closure of four McDonalds restaurants in Moscow, according to Reuters, due to "numerous sanitary breaches."

• MOSCOW TEMPORARILY CLOSES SEVERAL MCDONALD'S RESTAURANTS

This was not entirely a surprise since Russia had previously raised concerns over McDonalds cheese and was angered when the fast-food restaurant ceased operations in Crimea. This also comes on the heels of McDonalds problems in China and Japan over food supply issues. It appears the "tangible losses" Putin promised, are beginning.

As RT adds,

Multiple violations of sanitary norms were detected in the sourcing of food and waste disposal of McDonald’s restaurants during inspections carried out between the 18th and 20th of August,” said an official statement from the watchdog, Rospotrebnadzor.

The company has said that it will study the allegations against its franchises, and “will do everything to ensure that the restaurants open as soon as possible.”

“McDonald’s main priority is offering its customers quality and safe produce,” said a statement on the McDonald’s website.

The first checks took place in the northwestern city of Veliky Novgorod in May.

“The Caesar roll and vegetable salad have been found to contain microbe pollution with E.Coli bacteria and 10 times the safe level of microbes,” the watchdog said in a statement back then. ‘This attests to the fact that the staff breached personal hygiene rules, and the corporate sanitary disinfection regime.”
    read more:
    http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2014-0...itary-breaches

If I recall , the Royal is the quarter pounder.

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    If I recall , the Royal is the quarter pounder.

Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    When I was in West Germany , I think it was something like , HambuRger Royal mit kasse .....

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    I would have guessed the chopped up , bits 'n pc.'s frozen whitefish " filet " to be the least nasty , but it is in the ban ..... I see they must like the " nuggets" made from bits n' pc's of lungs , organs etc

Check out the guy at the 1:02 mark. It's a video of the gathering area outside of one of the McD's. I guess it's like the place to hang out or whatever. It won't let me embed it so you have to cklickit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K0MvzJvHa-M

Very clean setting they have there btw.