Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Taser-Proof Clothing

they subdued people for quite a while before the taser was implemented

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by voytechs View Post
    A silly question then. What happens after the cop tries to taser you and you don't go down. Obviously he's attacking you so then what? Do you just beat the $#@! of him in self defense or tell him, hey if you shoot me in the arm, it will work, trust me.
    i guess that would depend on whether or not you're the type to defend yourself.
    Dude, I'm rich! Check out this tin can! Uber wealth, ftw!

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by jondisx View Post
    they subdued people for quite a while before the taser was implemented
    The cops in San Francisco during the 19th century routinely carried Bowie knives, and used 'em too.

I think I'd prefer to be tasered rather than carved up, but that's just me.

Just like a cop to bring a knife to a gunfight.

Concealed weapons permits folks.......not condoning violence against cops, but we have the 2nd amendment for a reason....and it wasn't fighting off nazis or 800lb gorillas. Government oppression and tyranny.

Quote Originally Posted by torchbearer View Post
    Wouldn't the metal heat up? It is conductive...for heat and electricity.
    Depends on the resistivity. Tasers only supply a small amount of current, so it's unlikely a metal mesh would heat up to any terrible temperature.

How about someone designing clothes that will cause a tasers voltage to reverse the serge back to the person tasering you! Maybe I am reading to many sci/fi books. :->

Quote Originally Posted by donnay View Post
    How about someone designing clothes that will cause a tasers voltage to reverse the serge back to the person tasering you! Maybe I am reading to many sci/fi books. :->
    Well, if they design it correctly they can avoid this happening. All they need is a fuse in the circuit.

V = I*R. Voltage = current * resistance. The 'R' in most cases is your body, and it probably varies for most people but likely sits in a tested range. The current flows from one taser prong to the other. All they'd need to do is put a fuse (or something to the effect of a fuse) in the circuit such that if the current exceeds this range (i.e., you shorted the circuit so it goes past you), the circuit is broken.

Quote Originally Posted by rodent View Post
    Depends on the resistivity. Tasers only supply a small amount of current, so it's unlikely a metal mesh would heat up to any terrible temperature.
    Yeah, the entire idea is to have something more conductive than your flesh for the electricity to go through. Since the metal will be more conductive, it is likely to heat up less than your flesh will from having electricity pass through it.

Alarmed by recent incidents? Wait'll you see what the company is planning for 2008

Tasers: the next generation

http://www.thestar.com/sciencetech/T...article/281670
    He who wishes to secure the good of others has already secured his own.
    Confucius

"You are a den of vipers and thieves. I intend to rout you out, and by the Eternal God, I will rout you out... If people only understood the rank injustice of the money and banking system, there would be a revolution by morning."
    Andrew Jackson

'In an age of deceit, speaking the truth is a revolutionary act'
    George Orwell

if you beat a taser you are dead. Guns come next

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I think one could engineer a taser proof vest with the right weaving pattern of metallic threads. Determining the type of weave is key.

Quote Originally Posted by SeanEdwards View Post
    What an awesome idea. Then when the cops figure out that the taser isn't working on you, they'll quickly switch to using the old-fashioned method of subduing people: perforating your body with fast-moving chunks of lead.

we got armor for that too.
    rewritten history with armies of their crooks - invented memories, did burn all the books... Mark Knopfler

rewritten history with armies of their crooks - invented memories, did burn all the books... Mark Knopfler

I would go for something battle proof

He who wishes to secure the good of others has already secured his own.
    Confucius

"You are a den of vipers and thieves. I intend to rout you out, and by the Eternal God, I will rout you out... If people only understood the rank injustice of the money and banking system, there would be a revolution by morning."
    Andrew Jackson

'In an age of deceit, speaking the truth is a revolutionary act'
    George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by Lexx78 View Post
    I would go for something battle proof

Well, while I would feel like an awesome ninja, I'm just not sure that's practical. Even though you would look like the man.

if you beat a taser you are dead. Guns come next
    If that's the game they chose to play....so be it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12