Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Taser-Proof Clothing

Taser-Proof Clothing

nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn
    Last edited by Dequeant; 11-08-2009 at 02:58 AM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Then what people say about us wearing tin-foil hats might really be true

I have thought about the same thing myself. I used to fence - you know, sword fighting. Well, they have electric fencing where you basically have a shirt that has metal mesh on it so a connection can be established to register a hit. I wonder if an electric fencing shirt would protect against a taser.

If you are within physical striking distance of a taser operator, you probably have larger concerns.

The more serious threat is the wired projectile taser. Two projectiles on wires are propelled from the taser, penetrate your clothing, and hook under your skin like fish hooks. The taser operator can then immobilize you at a distance by electrifying the wired projectiles, completing the circuit.

To counter this attack vector, I suspect the best approach would be to prevent penetration of the wired projectiles into your skin. I say this because from everything I have heard, your chances of pulling the projectiles out are very slim, first because once they have penetrated you, it is already too late, and second because they are in there good enough that unless you are willing to inflict some serious wounds on yourself by ripping them out, you aren't going to get them out in the heat of an exchange.

I would think typical bullet resistant armor would prevent penetration in the first place. I'm sure you could test it. Armor and tasers are both legal to buy and own.

Aluminum foil is a classic. LOL.

Can't recall my periodic table but isn't copper a lot heavier than aluminum? Weight is a consideration.

Quote Originally Posted by Sergeant Brother View Post

I have thought about the same thing myself. I used to fence - you know, sword fighting. Well, they have electric fencing where you basically have a shirt that has metal mesh on it so a connection can be established to register a hit. I wonder if an electric fencing shirt would protect against a taser.

Excellent, that should do the job. It would short circuit out the tasers probes because it would have less resistance than skin and would have a shorter travel distance for the electricity.

Something to consider : If a cop tases you and you don't drop he just might shoot you.

In New Zealand:
    The Coastguard is a Charity
    Air Traffic Control is a private company run on user fees
    The DMV is a private non-profit
    Rescue helicopters and ambulances are operated by charities and are plastered with corporate logos
    The agriculture industry has zero subsidies
    5% of the national vote, gets you 5 seats in Parliament
    A tax return has 4 fields
    Business licenses aren't a thing
    Prostitution is legal
    We have a constitutional right to refuse any type of medical care

might want to make your armor out of something that doesn't conduce very well.
    rewritten history with armies of their crooks - invented memories, did burn all the books... Mark Knopfler

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by rpf2008 View Post
    Something to consider : If a cop tases you and you don't drop he just might shoot you.
    Well then just drop and at least you will be alive and pain free.

I should also add that resistance is futile and this type of thing may cause an arms race of sorts between law enforcement and citizens. I'm pretty sure we know who will win that one.
    Never give up.

If any metal type clothing is worn, I imagine if some other force of electricity hits one like lightening, it would heat up and vaporize and could burn one very badly. Also one would make a great lightening rod.

if you figure out how to mesh together some busted glass and can line that sucker w/ it, you'll make a killing selling to anyone who might ever have to run from the law...

drug dealers, copper thieves, immigrants, etc.

their sensors can't detect your body heat through glass btw.... that also goes for heat signatures (if you catch my drift, which you do if you should)...
    beats scrambling for a cedar tree or concrete pillar to hide behind.
    Dude, I'm rich! Check out this tin can! Uber wealth, ftw!

Quote Originally Posted by constituent View Post
    if you figure out how to mesh together some busted glass and can line that sucker w/ it, you'll make a killing selling to anyone who might ever have to run from the law...

drug dealers, copper thieves, immigrants, etc.

their sensors can't detect your body heat through glass btw.... that also goes for heat signatures (if you catch my drift, which you do if you should)...
    beats scrambling for a cedar tree or concrete pillar to hide behind.
    Isnt fiber optics made from glass and flexible (to a certain extent)?

wow... i hadn't considered that. back to the drawing board! friggin' awesome!

there is already a patent out.

http://www.uspto.gov/web/patents/pat...-20071023.html

But I agree that it can cause more trouble than solve, also see this piece.

http://www.newscientist.com/channel/...d=health_rss20
    He who wishes to secure the good of others has already secured his own.
    Confucius

"You are a den of vipers and thieves. I intend to rout you out, and by the Eternal God, I will rout you out... If people only understood the rank injustice of the money and banking system, there would be a revolution by morning."
    Andrew Jackson

'In an age of deceit, speaking the truth is a revolutionary act'
    George Orwell

I couple of friends And I were taking about this Friday.

We thought it would be a great idea to manufacture anti taser clothing but too late

Found this company that makes anti Taser Fabric.

http://www.thorshield.com/prod01.htm

Oh well..
    "Poverty of the state exchequer causes an army to be maintained by contributions from a distance. Contributing to maintain an army at a distance causes the people to be impoverished."
    Sun Tzu

Restore The Republic.Org

PokeTheEye.ORG

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Sergeant Brother View Post

You are a nut-job and genius! Who else would have thought to protect our nuts (groin area.)

This would work very well also. Tazer me Bro, meet your maker day.

are we sure conner isn't glen beck?

Quote Originally Posted by constituent View Post
    are we sure conner isn't glen beck?
    Get some humor will you. I don't care what kind it is ,but please get some.

Quote Originally Posted by torchbearer View Post
    might want to make your armor out of something that doesn't conduce very well.
    The idea is that the taser current goes through the conductive material and not through your skin. It's going to complete the circuit one way or another, so it's best to give it a past of least resistance that's not through your body.

Just think of the physics problem of having two resistors in parallel. The current through the resistor with higher ohms is a lot less than the resistor with lower ohms; therefore, if you give it a metal path the majority of the current will go through the metal.

Is not tazering someone considered torture also?

tor·ture [ táwrchər ]

transitive verb (past and past participle tor·tured, present participle tor·tur·ing, 3rd person present singular tor·tures)

Definition:

1. inflict pain on somebody: to inflict extreme pain or physical punishment on somebody

2. cause somebody anguish: to cause somebody mental or physical anguish
    This headache is torturing me.

3. distort something: to twist or distort something into an unnatural form

I would like to see a system that would return the voltage back to the person that initiated it in the first place.

Then someone like me who does not believe in violence would have protection against jerks that would use such weapons against us...

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by reduen View Post
    I would like to see a system that would return the voltage back to the person that initiated it in the first place.

Then someone like me who does not believe in violence would have protection against jerks that would use such weapons against us...
    I think that's the best idea.
    Freedom! Freedom! Sometimes, I feel, like a nationless child. Oh Freedom, Freedom!

Quote Originally Posted by rodent View Post
    The idea is that the taser current goes through the conductive material and not through your skin. It's going to complete the circuit one way or another, so it's best to give it a past of least resistance that's not through your body.

Just think of the physics problem of having two resistors in parallel. The current through the resistor with higher ohms is a lot less than the resistor with lower ohms; therefore, if you give it a metal path the majority of the current will go through the metal.
    Wouldn't the metal heat up? It is conductive...for heat and electricity.
    rewritten history with armies of their crooks - invented memories, did burn all the books... Mark Knopfler

Quote Originally Posted by torchbearer View Post
    Wouldn't the metal heat up? It is conductive...for heat and electricity.
    If it has a lot of resistance to the flow. If it does not, it won't. Also, if the flow does not have enough resistance, you would overload the tazer and possibly make it melt or explode.
    "Anarchists oppose the State because it has its very being in such aggression, namely, the expropriation of private property through taxation, the coercive exclusion of other providers of defense service from its territory, and all of the other depredations and coercions that are built upon these twin foci of invasions of individual rights." -Murray Rothbard

What an awesome idea. Then when the cops figure out that the taser isn't working on you, they'll quickly switch to using the old-fashioned method of subduing people: perforating your body with fast-moving chunks of lead.

A silly question then. What happens after the cop tries to taser you and you don't go down. Obviously he's attacking you so then what? Do you just beat the $#@! of him in self defense or tell him, hey if you shoot me in the arm, it will work, trust me.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast