Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Clinton: I could have killed bin Laden. Michael Scheuer responds; goes ballistic on Geraldo

Rivera was then brought in to discuss. He said Scheuer is “mixing and conflating intelligence with his own ideological spin.”
    Hypocritical, all talking heads do this, including Rivera himself.
    Quote Originally Posted by BuddyRey View Post
    Do you think it's a coincidence that the most cherished standard of the Ron Paul campaign was a sign highlighting the word "love" inside the word "revolution"? A revolution not based on love is a revolution doomed to failure. So, at the risk of sounding corny, I just wanted to let you know that, wherever you stand on any of these hot-button issues, and even if we might have exchanged bitter words or harsh sentiments in the past, I love each and every one of you - no exceptions!

"When goods do not cross borders, soldiers will." Frederic Bastiat

Peace.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by amy31416 View Post
    Oh. I forgot that I'm a terrorist and I make terrorists.

I have absolutely no doubt that most everything out of his mouth is a lie, but I still wouldn't bomb a village full of innocent people even if I knew it would thwart the events on 9/11.

And I fully understand those who might think I'm an $#@! for it. I just couldn't do it.
    I understand. And I don't think you're an $#@!. I luvs ya.
    Diversity finds unity in the message of freedom.

Dilige et quod vis fac. ~ Saint Augustine

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Above all I think everyone needs to understand that neither the Bundys nor Finicum were militia or had prior military training. They were, first and foremost, Ranchers who had about all the shit they could take.
    Quote Originally Posted by HOLLYWOOD View Post
    If anything, this situation has proved the government is nothing but a dictatorship backed by deadly force... no different than the dictatorships in the banana republics, just more polished and cleverly propagandized.
    "I'll believe in good cops when they start turning bad cops in."

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    In a free society there will be bigotry, and racism, and sexism and religious disputes and, and, and.......
    I don't want to live in a cookie cutter, federally mandated society.
    Give me messy freedom every time!

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deborah K View Post
    Clinton lied. The attack would have taken place at 3 a.m. and only Taliban would have been targeted, besides bin Laden.
    Just like drones only target terrorists.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul
    Perhaps the most important lesson from Obamacare is that while liberty is lost incrementally, it cannot be regained incrementally. The federal leviathan continues its steady growth; sometimes boldly and sometimes quietly. Obamacare is just the latest example, but make no mistake: the statists are winning. So advocates of liberty must reject incremental approaches and fight boldly for bedrock principles.
    The epitome of libertarian populism

Quote Originally Posted by dillo View Post
    LOL is Geraldo really trying to argue that he has more information than the former operator of the Bin Laden task force?
    Geraldo stood on Bin Laden's lawn, so he's in the know on all of that intelligence and stuff.
    Last edited by Brian4Liberty; 08-01-2014 at 05:41 PM.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by Feeding the Abscess View Post
    Just like drones only target terrorists.
    Did you even listen to the interview? Mike said they had an 'asset' with bin Laden and his cohorts. He said there wouldn't have been any collateral damage. I believe him.

Above all I think everyone needs to understand that neither the Bundys nor Finicum were militia or had prior military training. They were, first and foremost, Ranchers who had about all the shit they could take.
    If anything, this situation has proved the government is nothing but a dictatorship backed by deadly force... no different than the dictatorships in the banana republics, just more polished and cleverly propagandized.

In a free society there will be bigotry, and racism, and sexism and religious disputes and, and, and.......

Does anyone know offhand if Scheuer ever pointed to any credible evidence that Bin Laden was connected to 9-11? Scheuer seems to avoid 9-11 and approach the terrorism issue from a different angle.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Geraldo stood on Bin Laden's lawn, so he's in the know on all of that intelligence and stuff.
    He could even see Russia from Bin Laden's front lawn.

Quote Originally Posted by anaconda View Post
    Does anyone know offhand if Scheuer ever pointed to any credible evidence that Bin Laden was connected to 9-11? Scheuer seems to avoid 9-11 and approach the terrorism issue from a different angle.
    Peruse this: http://www.historycommons.org/entity...ichael_scheuer

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    I know, as if that somehow privyed him to some intelligence. One thing I give credit to Geraldo for is that he isn't a pussy, he will go stand right in conflict.
    A society that places equality before freedom with get neither; A society that places freedom before equality will yield high degrees of both

Make a move and plead the 5th because you can't plead the 1st

Bill made the right decision. He doesn't have the authority to launch a missile at Afghanistan without congress, even if that wasn't his reason.

I'm also curious how Taliban people is defined.

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    How can we make a campaign issue in 2016, out of that fact that Bubba DIDN'T kill Bin Laden?

He could even see Russia from Bin Laden's front lawn.
    Was that before or after he found Saddam's WMDs in Al Capone's basement?
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

One thing I give credit to Geraldo for is that he isn't a pussy
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ZclojoD.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	36.7 KB 
ID:	2839
    I'm a moderator, and I'm glad to help. But I'm an individual -- my words come from me. Any idiocy within should reflect on me, not Ron Paul, and not Ron Paul Forums.

I like Scheuer, but he lost it in this video; if he would have kept his head, he could have made a good point. As it is though, he just looks like a hot head.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Do you know who Osama bin Laden was? Because he wasn't just your average suicide bomber/terrorist.
    Correct. He was the major architect and extremely hands-on, not to mention his considerable bankroll to fund any scheme he devised. The world isn't all sunshine and lollipops.
    Last edited by Bastiat's The Law; 08-01-2014 at 10:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DFF View Post
    Schueuer is an outspoken, no nonsense tough guy who doesn't take $#@! from anybody.

We need kick-ass-and-take-names leaders like him in Washington.
    Agreed. Scheuer is a patriot and wants to defend America first and foremost.

Did you even listen to the interview? Mike said they had an 'asset' with bin Laden and his cohorts. He said there wouldn't have been any collateral damage. I believe him.
    If we're going to send assets into territory like this, an order of taking someone out should be on a whenever basis, not on a 'oh, hey, wait for the word and risk blowing your cover continuously getting messages to and from us'.

If the situation is true that there was an asset in Bin Laden's camp, this means he wasn't close enough to kill Bin Laden himself - he would have merely known where he was, so the US could come in with a missile strike.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul
    Perhaps the most important lesson from Obamacare is that while liberty is lost incrementally, it cannot be regained incrementally. The federal leviathan continues its steady growth; sometimes boldly and sometimes quietly. Obamacare is just the latest example, but make no mistake: the statists are winning. So advocates of liberty must reject incremental approaches and fight boldly for bedrock principles.
    The epitome of libertarian populism

I remember when Geraldo had some poor peasant call someone allegedly from the Taliban.

Geraldo proceeded to demand this man translate to the Taliban that they are cowards and America is number one. That "we" will find them and kill them. Probably got this kid beheaded if it was not completely fabricated from a green screen.

Can't seem to find the video anymore.

ETA: Well, I'll be damned. I found it.

What a $#@!ing idiot.

ETA II: My memory failed me on what exactly he said but regardless, it is far from journalism. He is possibly the farthest thing from an expert on Middle Eastern affairs and acts like a pompous ass quite frequently.
    Last edited by kcchiefs6465; 08-02-2014 at 01:09 AM.
    “The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, but he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them.” --George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    In terms of a full spectrum candidate, Rand is leaps and bounds above Trump. I'm not disputing that.
    Who else in public life has called for a pre-emptive strike on North Korea?--Donald Trump

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronin Truth View Post
    How can we make a campaign issue in 2016, out of that fact that Bubba DIDN'T kill Bin Laden?
    Kidney disease killed Bin Laden.

"If you had killed Usama Bin Laden in 1998, you would not have had 9/11... you probably would not have had Iraq."
    "There would be no casualties."

I see more than one clown.

Quote Originally Posted by Antischism View Post
    "If you had killed Usama Bin Laden in 1998, you would not have had 9/11... you probably would not have had Iraq."
    "There would be no casualties."

[Snipped for consideration of those with limited internet connection]

I see more than one clown.
    What is clownish about that statement, specifically?

Not that I particularly disagree with your assessment, or his, for that matter, I am just curious as to what you mean.
    “The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, but he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them.” --George Orwell

In terms of a full spectrum candidate, Rand is leaps and bounds above Trump. I'm not disputing that.
    Who else in public life has called for a pre-emptive strike on North Korea?--Donald Trump

BTW, that neither answers nor even addresses the question that I asked.

Another non-believer in the lead poisoning conspiracy theory of the POTUS, eh?
    Last edited by Ronin Truth; 08-02-2014 at 06:45 AM.

Yep. It was reported by MSM and then disappeared. OBL also denied anything to do with 911.

The Taliban even offered to turn OBL over to Bush if he would guarantee that he would be held and tried in a neutral country, but Bush ignored them and started bombing Afghanistan.
    There is no spoon.

I know, as if that somehow privyed him to some intelligence. One thing I give credit to Geraldo for is that he isn't a pussy, he will go stand right in conflict.
    far too much credit, imo.

he's no Ashleigh Banfield
    Seattle Sounders 2016 MLS Cup Champions 2019 MLS Cup Champions 2022 CONCACAF Champions League - and the [un]official football club of RPF

just a libertarian - no caucus

I vaguely remember the time line of the Lewinsky thing and Bin Laden reports -I believe "Frontline" had aired it's first Bin Laden episode around that time.

Around that time I remember thinking to myself that Clinton probably did not go after Bin Laden because the timing would've of looked like he was trying divert attention away from the Lewinsky thing. It's a thought that I had before 9-11 at any rate.

Looking back, not going after Bin Laden was probably more of a business decision. Why warn of a dangerous snow load if you're working for the guys who are selling roofs?

Clinton(s)?
    *spit*
    Fear of man will prove to be a snare, but whoever trusts in the LORD is kept safe. Proverbs 29:25
    "I think the propaganda machine is the biggest problem that we face today in trying to get the truth out to people."
    Ron Paul

Please watch, subscribe, like, & share, Ron Paul Liberty Report
    BITCHUTE IS A LIBERTY MINDED ALTERNATIVE TO GOOGLE SUBSIDIARY YOUTUBE

Quote Originally Posted by kcchiefs6465 View Post

Not that I particularly disagree with your assessment, or his, for that matter, I am just curious as to what you mean.
    He won't explain, because he can't back it up with anything.

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by BamaAla View Post
    I like Scheuer, but he lost it in this video; if he would have kept his head, he could have made a good point. As it is though, he just looks like a hot head.
    He is a hot-head. He was well-known in the CIA as a hot-head. He has never been able to suffer fools lightly. But he's not running for office, and he doesn't work for the gov anymore, and his reaction to ass-fat-injected-in-the-face Geraldo doesn't diminish what he said, or the truth of it.

He is a hot-head. He was well-known in the CIA as a hot-head. He has never been able to suffer fools lightly. But he's not running for office, and he doesn't work for the gov anymore, and his reaction to ass-fat-injected-in-the-face Geraldo doesn't diminish what he said, or the truth of it.
    I'd probably become more annoyed than he being taken as a fool by relatively low paid and ignorant propagandists.

I'd like to see more people calling them out for the snakes that they are, personally.

That anyone takes those clowns seriously is a discredit to journalism and intellectual integrity in general.
    Last edited by kcchiefs6465; 08-04-2014 at 11:47 PM.

loveshiscountry

Quote Originally Posted by kcchiefs6465 View Post

My guess. Like him or not, Bin Laden was a great leader and had a strong following but who is to say another person wouldn't have stepped up? You can't kill all the terrorists but you can kill the reason they want to become terrorists.

Quote Originally Posted by BamaAla View Post
    Any reasonable intelligent person has a limit of how much stupidity he can withstand.
    Out of every one hundred men they send us, ten should not even be here. Eighty will do nothing but serve as targets for the enemy. Nine are real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, upon them depends our success in battle. But one, ah the one, he is a real warrior, and he will bring the others back from battle alive.

Duty is the most sublime word in the English language. Do your duty in all things. You can not do more than your duty. You should never wish to do less than your duty.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast