Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Clinton: I could have killed bin Laden. Michael Scheuer responds; goes ballistic on Geraldo

Clinton: I could have killed bin Laden. Michael Scheuer responds; goes ballistic on Geraldo

Michael Scheuer blasts Geraldo Rivera on Fox and Friends this morning:

After-the-brawl video included in the first link. Surprisingly, Brian Kilmeade defends Mike.

On Fox News Friday, Geraldo Rivera got into it with former CIA official Michael Scheuer over newly surfaced recordings of former president Bill Clinton, in which he claims the day before 9/11 that he could have killed Osama bin Laden.

In the tapes, Clinton says the reason he didn’t go in for the kill is that he would have had to “destroy a little town called Kandahar in Afghanistan and kill 300 innocent women and children, and then I would have been no better than him (bin Laden).”

Scheuer, identified as head of CIA’s bin Laden unit 1995-1999, disputed Clinton’s recollection. He said the attack on bin Laden “would have occurred in the middle of the night” and “it would have killed no one but Taliban people and Osama bin Laden and his crew.”

Scheuer took a shot at Clinton, saying, “if you looked up the word ‘lie’ his face (Clinton’s) would be right next to it.” He also claimed that he was fired from CBS after he bad mouthed Clinton.

Rivera was then brought in to discuss. He said Scheuer is “mixing and conflating intelligence with his own ideological spin.”

“So, what you have here with this gentleman who was dismissed by CBS by his own admission,” Rivera said, “is an analysis on the military action. And then No. 2, he is spinning it for his own purposes.”

What followed was a series of insults from Scheuer, who disparagingly called Rivera “a magazine guy,” “a dummy” and a “clown.”
    http://www.mediaite.com/tv/former-ci...n-laden-tapes/

Edit: Interview found at this link: http://foxnewsinsider.com/2014/08/01...onumental-liar
    Last edited by Deborah K; 08-01-2014 at 11:55 AM.
    Diversity finds unity in the message of freedom.

Dilige et quod vis fac. ~ Saint Augustine

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Above all I think everyone needs to understand that neither the Bundys nor Finicum were militia or had prior military training. They were, first and foremost, Ranchers who had about all the shit they could take.
    Quote Originally Posted by HOLLYWOOD View Post
    If anything, this situation has proved the government is nothing but a dictatorship backed by deadly force... no different than the dictatorships in the banana republics, just more polished and cleverly propagandized.
    "I'll believe in good cops when they start turning bad cops in."

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    In a free society there will be bigotry, and racism, and sexism and religious disputes and, and, and.......
    I don't want to live in a cookie cutter, federally mandated society.
    Give me messy freedom every time!

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Sure, Bubba just in your spare time between screwing with the interns.

Here's an article about Clinton bragging about it. The DAY before 911, btw. Clip included.

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/bi...ma-bin-n170111

Above all I think everyone needs to understand that neither the Bundys nor Finicum were militia or had prior military training. They were, first and foremost, Ranchers who had about all the shit they could take.
    If anything, this situation has proved the government is nothing but a dictatorship backed by deadly force... no different than the dictatorships in the banana republics, just more polished and cleverly propagandized.

In a free society there will be bigotry, and racism, and sexism and religious disputes and, and, and.......

Here's a really good clip on Scheuer from 2011. This one spells out how brilliant he is. AND, it covers his lack of ability to suffer the ignorance of others.

Here he is a couple of years ago stating the same thing - that Clinton had many chances and blew it.

"listen clown" ha great stuff...also, geraldo rocking new balance sneakers and a suit? thought that was odd.

Scheuer to Geraldo (best part starts around 5:55): "listen clown... when Clinton bombed Sudan, dummy, Osama bin laden was in Afghanistan."
    Seattle Sounders 2016 MLS Cup Champions 2019 MLS Cup Champions 2022 CONCACAF Champions League - and the [un]official football club of RPF

just a libertarian - no caucus

2 words

Sandy Berger
    The American Dream, Wake Up People, This is our country! <===click

"All eyes are opened, or opening to the rights of man, let the annual return of this day(July 4th), forever refresh our recollections of these rights, and an undiminished devotion to them."
    Thomas Jefferson
    June 1826

Rock The World!
    USAF Veteran

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    2 words

Sandy Berger
    You caught that. I guess we all know now what papers Mike thinks Berger sneaked out....

Quote Originally Posted by enhanced_deficit View Post
    Granted he had military skills and likely CIA training but Killing one OBL matters much when there are probably every minute new OBLs being born ( Blowback risks: Caution, very graphic images of USTF bombing aftermath ) in gaza/mideast now?
    Do you know who Osama bin Laden was? Because he wasn't just your average suicide bomber/terrorist.
    Last edited by Deborah K; 08-01-2014 at 12:13 PM. Reason: fixed it since original post was changed

Granted he had military skills and likely CIA training but Killing one OBL matters much when there are probably every minute new OBLs being born ( Blowback risks: Caution, very graphic images of USTF bombing aftermath ) in gaza/mideast now?
    Mike wrote an excellent book about bin Laden. A few weeks after it was published, the Obama administration took bin Laden out. Coincidence? Maybe. In one of bin Laden's speeches, he mentions Mike by name. Here is some info on the book if anyone is interested:

http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/9...ama-bin-laden:
    9/11 almost instantaneously remade American politics and foreign policy. The wars in Iraq and Afghanistan, the Patriot Act, water boarding and Guantanamo are examples of its profound and far-reaching effects. But despite its monumental impact--and a deluge of books about al-Qaeda and Islamist terrorism--no one has written a serious assessment of the man who planned it, Osama bin Laden. Available biographies depict bin Laden as an historical figure, the mastermind behind 9/11, but no longer relevant to the world it created. These accounts, Michael Scheuer strongly believes, have contributed to a widespread and dangerous denial of his continuing significance and power.
    In this book, Scheuer provides a much-needed corrective--a hard-headed, closely reasoned portrait of bin Laden, showing him to be a figure of remarkable leadership skills, strategic genius, and considerable rhetorical abilities. The first head of the CIA's bin Laden Unit, where he led the effort to track down bin Laden, Scheuer draws from a wealth of information about bin Laden and his evolution from peaceful Saudi dissident to America's Most Wanted. Shedding light on his development as a theologian, media manipulator, and paramilitary commander, Scheuer makes use of all the speeches and interviews bin Laden has given as well as lengthy interviews, testimony, and previously untranslated documents written by those who grew up with bin Laden in Saudi Arabia, served as his bodyguards and drivers, and fought alongside him against the Soviets. The bin Laden who emerges from these accounts is devout, talented, patient, and ruthless; in other words, a truly formidable and implacable enemy of the West.
    The reviews for 'Osama bin Laden' are pretty interesting as well. Scroll down: http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/9...sama-bin-laden

Acclaim for Mike's book: Imperial Hubris: Why the West is Losing the War on Terrorism

"Pulls few punches...a fascinating window on America's war with Al Qaeda."
    --Michiko Kakutani, New York Times
    "No serious observer of the war on terrorism can ignore this scathing critique."
    --Peter Bergen, author of Holy War, Inc.
    "A powerful, persuasive analysis of the terrorist threat and the Bush administration's failed efforts to fight it."
    --Richard A. Clarke, Washington Post Book World
    "A fire-breathing denunciation of U.S. counterterrorism policy."
    --Julian Borger, The Guardian
    "Presents overwhelmingly persuasive evidence to buttress a host of significant and controversial arguments."
    --Benjamin Schwarz, Atlantic Monthly
    "Destined to become a classic in the field of counterterrorism analysis."
    --Bruce Hoffman, author of Inside Terrorism(less)
    Last edited by Deborah K; 08-01-2014 at 12:11 PM.

No one has made a greater contribution to stupidity in journalism than Jerry Rivers.
    Out of every one hundred men they send us, ten should not even be here. Eighty will do nothing but serve as targets for the enemy. Nine are real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, upon them depends our success in battle. But one, ah the one, he is a real warrior, and he will bring the others back from battle alive.

Duty is the most sublime word in the English language. Do your duty in all things. You can not do more than your duty. You should never wish to do less than your duty.

Quote Originally Posted by Deborah K View Post
    Mike wrote an excellent book about bin Laden. A few weeks after it was published, the Obama administration took bin Laden out. Coincidence? Maybe. In one of bin Laden's speeches, he mentions Mike by name. Here is some info on the book if anyone is interested:

The reviews for 'Osama bin Laden' are pretty interesting as well. Scroll down: http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/9...sama-bin-laden
    OBL died in Dec 2001- AND he had nothing to do with 911.
    There is no spoon.

And all the Federals say,, "we could have had him any day"
    "We only let him slip away,," out of kindness I suppose.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by Ender View Post
    OBL died in Dec 2001- AND he had nothing to do with 911.
    Evidence?

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Good info and would read up more on this.

My point was that we cannot kill our way out of this blowback problem as long as we continue to fund/arm dictators/oppressors/occupiers/terrorists abroad. With current policies, Americans could be facing TSA type gropes even 5000 years from today.

Good info and would read up more on this.

My point was that we cannot kill our way out of this blowback problem as long as we continue to fund/arm dictators/oppressors/occupiers/terrorists abroad.
    Yep. And Scheuer attempts to make that very point, every chance he gets.

I can't watch the video, but I have to admit that I would have an enormous problem bombing a lot of children just to get one guy who might do something terrible--obviously he did, but we need more defense, not offense.

Evidence?
    Shall we start here?

http://www.foxnews.com/story/2001/12...-already-dead/
    There is no spoon.

Evidence?
    It was claimed by Pakistan Observer, here's the piece:

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

Awareness is the Root of Liberation Revolution is Action upon Revelation

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo.

...the familiar ritual of institutional self-absolution...
    ...for protecting them, by mock trial, from punishment...

Quote Originally Posted by amy31416 View Post
    I can't watch the video, but I have to admit that I would have an enormous problem bombing a lot of children just to get one guy who might do something terrible--obviously he did, but we need more defense, not offense.
    Where do you think terrorist come from? Women and children.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Quote Originally Posted by Ender View Post
    You're citing some obscure article with no author.

Quote Originally Posted by amy31416 View Post
    Clinton lied. The attack would have taken place at 3 a.m. and only Taliban would have been targeted, besides bin Laden.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by presence View Post
    It was claimed by Pakistan Observer, here's the piece:

meh....maybe to try and throw the scent off his trail? Is there anything else, or just this one article with no author listed?

You caught that. I guess we all know now what papers Mike thinks Berger sneaked out....
    Yah Caught that... Very Sharp +++ but Berger didn't sneak them out... he destroyed them at the Nat Arch, then flushed the shreds down the toilets. (confirmed by Nat Arch staff)

I can't stand Geraldo Rivera and never forget the POS sensationalist will do anything for ratings/controversy... but this is plain tasteless and stupidity by Rivera. For starters, Mike Scheuer is privy to incredible amounts of highly classified compartmented information and involved directly with OBL during the Clinton presidency years, which Geraldo doesn't have a $#@!ing clue about. Clinton has been confirmed to be a pathological liar, yet "Mr. Al Capone Vaults" and "Break My Nose KKK" clown goofing off on his "Jerry Springer wantabe show" from 1987 through 1998, has the gall to challenge Mike? I $#@!ing despise these idiot media egotistical celebrities.

PS: I had to sit next to Geraldo on a flight for over 3 hours... he's a condescending egotistical primadona. Here's a little tid bit trivia about GR... he has a homemade 'star of David' tattoo between his thumb and index finger.
    Last edited by HOLLYWOOD; 08-01-2014 at 04:12 PM.
    The American Dream, Wake Up People, This is our country! <===click

"All eyes are opened, or opening to the rights of man, let the annual return of this day(July 4th), forever refresh our recollections of these rights, and an undiminished devotion to them."
    Thomas Jefferson
    June 1826

Rock The World!
    USAF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    Where do you think terrorist come from? Women and children.
    Oh. I forgot that I'm a terrorist and I make terrorists.

Clinton lied. The attack would have taken place at 3 a.m. and only Taliban would have been targeted, besides bin Laden.
    I have absolutely no doubt that most everything out of his mouth is a lie, but I still wouldn't bomb a village full of innocent people even if I knew it would thwart the events on 9/11.

And I fully understand those who might think I'm an $#@! for it. I just couldn't do it.

buried at sea, no pictures or video...just their 'word'...

ok...

next.

Schueuer is an outspoken, no nonsense tough guy who doesn't take $#@! from anybody.

We need kick-ass-and-take-names leaders like him in Washington.

LOL is Geraldo really trying to argue that he has more information than the former operator of the Bin Laden task force?
    A society that places equality before freedom with get neither; A society that places freedom before equality will yield high degrees of both

Make a move and plead the 5th because you can't plead the 1st

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast