Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Does Rand Paul inspire you?

Quote Originally Posted by jllundqu View Post
    I agree with all of you that Rand is killing it in terms of politics. He is ABSOLUTELY changing the body politic almost single handedly. This is why I support him and why I am confident he has a very real chance of becoming the next POTUS. The OP was more about being an inspiration leader of a movement versus being a good politician... that's all.

I'd just like to see Rand not tread so carefully and take more risks... Hell Ron Paul won a plurality in how many states? Seven? Rand will need the kind of DIE HARD INSPIRED AND DEVOTED BASE that his father had. And you don't get that by poll testing everything and pulling punches.
    yes, Ron was the inspirational leader of a movement while Rand is a tactful politician who is taking things to the next level politically, this is nothing new. Neither is the fact that some people that supported Ron are not going to support Rand, we've know this for a while. If you are looking to be inspired by Rand like you were with Ron, I'm not sure anyone can help you with that.

Also, Rand being more like Ron is not going to bring Rand closer to winning the presidency. Ron turned off too many Republican with his approach but Rand can unite the party behind him I think.
    Last edited by jct74; 08-01-2014 at 07:46 PM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by jct74 View Post
    yes, Ron was the inspirational leader of a movement while Rand is a tactful politician who is taking things to the next level politically, this is nothing new. Neither is the fact that some people that supported Ron are not going to support Rand, we've know this for a while. If you are looking to be inspired by Rand like you were with Ron, I'm not sure anyone can help you with that.

Rand being more like Ron is not going to bring Rand closer to winning the presidency. Ron turned off too many Republican with his approach but Rand can unite the party behind him I think.
    You nailed it, IMO.

I supported Ron with my heart, soul and mind. I support Rand with my mind only. I understand what he's doing; I think he goes too far at times, but then he'll do something that reins me back in. I don't know how long-lasting Rand's effect will have on America because I still think Boobus will get distracted by the next shiny thing that comes along if he isn't educated, but I guess a short-term effect is better than nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by cajuncocoa View Post
    You nailed it, IMO.

I supported Ron with my heart, soul and mind. I support Rand with my mind only. I understand what he's doing; I think he goes too far at times, but then he'll do something that reins me back in. I don't know how long-lasting Rand's effect will have on America because I still think Boobus will get distracted by the next shiny thing that comes along if he isn't educated, but I guess a short-term effect is better than nothing.
    Waiting on the next inspiration? Ron happened, and inspiration is still lacking? Then Ron didn't completely reach you...

There's progress we've made, and there are atrocities to be remedied. Apathy cured?
    I'm a moderator, and I'm glad to help. But I'm an individual -- my words come from me. Any idiocy within should reflect on me, not Ron Paul, and not Ron Paul Forums.

Quote Originally Posted by nayjevin View Post
    That was a bubble.
    No, it wasn't. It was a way of thinking.

6. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Waiting on the next inspiration? Ron happened, and inspiration is still lacking? Then Ron didn't completely reach you...

There's progress we've made, and there are atrocities to be remedied. Apathy cured?
    That's two different things. I never said I'm waiting for the "next inspiration". Apples and oranges.

I can tell that Rand inspires a lot of people by the number of songs written in his honor, like this one:

edit: whoops, my bad. That song, and the dozens of others I have mention RON, not Rand. Anyone know of any RAND songs?
    "Sorry, fellows, the rebellion is off. We couldn't get a rebellion permit."

Quote Originally Posted by Tod View Post
    I can tell that Rand inspires a lot of people by the number of songs written in his honor, like this one:

edit: whoops, my bad. That song, and the dozens of others I have mention RON, not Rand. Anyone know of any RAND songs?
    no but all the liberals waking up and making comments praising his bipartisan political efforts in a way is music to my ears quite the same.. in fact i find personality worship at times a bit corny but that's just me. i think ron aimed to inspire leaders, not followers.

Quote Originally Posted by jtstellar View Post
    no but all the liberals waking up and making comments praising his bipartisan political efforts in a way is music to my ears quite the same.. in fact i find personality worship at times a bit corny but that's just me. i think ron aimed to inspire leaders, not followers.
    LMAO.... "all" the liberals are waking up. Yep, just like Hannity and Limbaugh were coming around.

I'm surprised that no one here has figured out that having liberals sing Rand's praises is the kind of thing that will turn off the average FOX News viewer. Boobus will wonder exactly what it is about Rand that makes Dems like him, and decide that's reason enough for them to run away.

Quote Originally Posted by CaseyJones View Post

There's one! I went to You Tube and there are others too!

"Sorry, fellows, the rebellion is off. We couldn't get a rebellion permit."

You nailed it, IMO.

That's two different things. I never said I'm waiting for the "next inspiration". Apples and oranges.
    Above you said you support Rand but not with your heart and soul. Which means to me you only fully support people who inspire you and have good ideas/actions. Either you believe Rand doesn't represent the actions/ideas that are good, or you're waiting on someone to inspire you to support people with good ideas/actions.

I think his ideas/actions are good, so I'm inspired to support him, largely because of Ron Paul. He doesn't need to inspire me, but someone did. And if Ron Paul didn't exist, honestly there are 100 more high-profile people out there as good or better - but I just needed a Presidential candidate for me to think it 'mattered' somehow. That's not Ron or Rand's fault.

We can argue about how important inspiration is for a candidate, or how inspirational Rand is, but it only matters in two ways - do I need the inspiration? And how is Rand polling? I don't, and he's polling fine. So whatever amount of inspirational he is - prima facie plenty.
    I'm a moderator, and I'm glad to help. But I'm an individual -- my words come from me. Any idiocy within should reflect on me, not Ron Paul, and not Ron Paul Forums.

Above you said you support Rand but not with your heart and soul. Which means to me you only fully support people who inspire you and have good ideas/actions. Either you believe Rand doesn't represent the actions/ideas that are good, or you're waiting on someone to inspire you to support people with good ideas/actions.

I think his ideas/actions are good, so I'm inspired to support him, largely because of Ron Paul. He doesn't need to inspire me, but someone did. And if Ron Paul didn't exist, honestly there are 100 more high-profile people out there as good or better - but I just needed a Presidential candidate for me to think it 'mattered' somehow. That's not Ron or Rand's fault.

We can argue about how important inspiration is for a candidate, or how inspirational Rand is, but it only matters in two ways - do I need the inspiration? And how is Rand polling? I don't, and he's polling fine. So whatever amount of inspirational he is - prima facie plenty.
    You're attacking my answer as if I demanded that Rand Paul should be inspirational. I'm not the one who posed the question in the OP, nayjevin. I don't "need" inspiration from a candidate. More often than not, politics is the last place I would look for inspiration. All I did was answer the OP's question.

15. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    You're attacking my answer as if I demanded that Rand Paul should be inspirational. I'm not the one who posed the question in the OP, nayjevin. I don't "need" inspiration from a candidate. More often than not, politics is the last place I would look for inspiration. All I did was answer the OP's question.
    And it was reflective of your position. Which is one of few on this forum that feels the need to highlight some perceived weakness in Rand Paul that isn't a true weakness. So I call you out on it. I'm shocked that you feel 'attacked'.

And it was reflective of your position. Which is one of few on this forum that feels the need to highlight some perceived weakness in Rand Paul that isn't a true weakness. So I call you out on it. I'm shocked that you feel 'attacked'.
    Whatever. If the OP didn't want honest answers, the question should not have been asked.

P.S. I didn't say I ​felt attacked. I said you attacked my answer. Apples and oranges. Again.

Rand is not inspirational as Ron was and is.
    That's an answer to the OP. You said other things as well.

I quoted your post and responded, and said other things not directed at you in the same post.

You felt asserted your answer was attacked, rather than responded to.

Whatever. You decided it was important to tell the forum you don't think Rand is inspirational as Ron was. I decided to tell the forum I don't think it matters.

Further I don't think it's as much the person or approach as the situation.

If Ron didn't exist, Rand would be the first Pres candidate in a long time to have a chance and be saying anything close to unblinded political truth.

Similarly it could be to many people that 2012 wasn't as inspiring as 2008.
    Last edited by nayjevin; 08-02-2014 at 08:00 AM.

You decided it was important to tell the forum you don't think Rand is inspirational as Ron was. I decided to tell the forum I don't think it matters.
    I decided I would answer the question in the OP. That is all. It was an honest answer to the question. I'll try to remember that honesty is no longer desired here.

Does it matter? Probably not in the least.

Please ignore my previous responses in this thread.

i am overwhelmed with inspiration by Rand.

I'll try to remember that honesty is no longer desired here.
    Yup, you're best next choice as an advocate of liberty is to conflate my opinions with forum guidelines and pretend I'm enforcing rules whenever I post.

The prospect of Rand Paul toppling Hillary Clinton and ending a would-be dynasty before it ever truly began is pretty inspiring to me.

The prospect of Ron Paul (the man who brought us all here despite our differing views on some issues) getting the last-laugh over the Establishment (who mocked him and us for decades) through Rand's triumph is pretty inspiring to me. God willing, Ron will still be alive on January 20th, 2017, when Rand is sworn-in so he can witness that and the symbolic death of Neo-Conservatism in the flesh.

It's not just Rand that I find inspiring (as he's basically a one-man conglomerate at the moment), but a variety of things that his victory would mean for the Liberty Movement and our Republic in general. Ron will have won, and this time he wouldn't even have to share the stage with neophytes such as Rick Santorum, Jeb Bush, or Marco Rubio. Rand's victory and a favorable mid-term result could potentially be the final and fatal blow to the behemoth of Neo-Conservatism that has plagued the Republican Party since the Great Society. By winning, Rand would also have the potential to win-over many of those who didn't vote for him in 2016. If everything would then go according to plan, Rand could end up being the game-changer that the United States of America needs to abandon Europe on it's road into the abyss and change course.

thing is Rand does not have to be inspirational to us, he has to be to them

24. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I decided I would answer the question in the OP. That is all. It was an honest answer to the question. I'll try to remember that honesty is no longer desired here.

Does it matter? Probably not in the least.
    you don't have to feel so victimized you know.. no one can give you a sense of devaluation unless you agree with their sentiment, meaning you can't really ever be "victimized", only you can victimize yourself. i for one don't mind what you say and even you yourself haven't really displayed a stationary reaction over time.. even the way you criticize rand sometimes hasn't been the same since your initial postings way back, so if nothing is stationary, where comes the "rule" of "honesty"? just say what you truly want at the moment not in reaction to what others think, if that's what you want, but that means not saying things in spite of what others think either.
    Last edited by jtstellar; 08-02-2014 at 07:37 PM.

Inspiring me isn't going to win elections. I'll be impressed if he inspires others that aren't quite like me.

Quote Originally Posted by jtstellar View Post
    you don't have to feel so victimized you know.. no one can give you a sense of devaluation unless you agree with their sentiment, meaning you can't really ever be "victimized", only you can victimize yourself. i for one don't mind what you say and even you yourself haven't really displayed a stationary reaction over time.. even the way you criticize rand sometimes hasn't been the same since your initial postings way back, so if nothing is stationary, where comes the "rule" of "honesty"? just say what you truly want at the moment not in reaction to what others think, if that's what you want, but that means not saying things in spite of what others think either.
    don't flatter yourself. I don't feel victimized. Now take your own advice and stop reacting to the way I think

don't flatter yourself. I don't feel victimized. Now take your own advice and stop reacting to the way I think
    i'm not saying you always have to be positive in guessing people's intention when they say things to you, but maybe you can consider mixing it up once in a while
    Last edited by jtstellar; 08-02-2014 at 11:31 PM.

Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

More than any other candidate.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123