Thread: [Video] Rand Paul speech at YAL national convention 7/30/14

[Video] Rand Paul speech at YAL national convention 7/30/14

Last edited by jct74; 07-31-2014 at 01:13 PM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    looks like change in schedule as Rand's on now

Quote Originally Posted by tsai3904 View Post
    looks like change in schedule as Rand's on now
    Dang..wanted to listen in to the live stream

Very loud "Paul '16!" cheers after the speech
    Hofstadter's Law: It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's Law. -Douglas Hofstadter

Life, Liberty, Logic

Guess I missed the Rand speech then. Tube?

You can watch the speech at the link in the OP. Rand starts at 26:30
    Hofstadter's Law: It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's Law. -Douglas Hofstadter

Life, Liberty, Logic

A man coming over the hill singing. Again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only show up to attack Trump when he is wrong
    Make America the Land of the Free & the Home of the Brave again

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by RonZeplin View Post
    A man coming over the hill singing. Again.
    I know, I don't understand why he thinks that's a good word picture. Especially when it's always the last thing he says in his speeches, that's what the audience is left with lol

Life, Liberty, Logic

Rand pretty much lays out the philosophical strategy of his campaign run here. Building the 3rd party coalition.

Amazing as it matches up perfectly with Armstrong charts which show a sharp rise in a 3rd party for '16. The phase transitions can happen unbelievably fast.

http://armstrongeconomics.com/2013/0...sing-for-2016/
    http://armstrongeconomics.com/693-2/...ing-3rd-party/
    http://armstrongeconomics.com/2014/0...the-tea-party/

This is the cycle we are completing. What will appear on the other side is hard to say. We have extreme religious rights who belief government should be used to force their beliefs upon everyone else no different than the Taliban did in Afghanistan. Separation of Church and State is the cornerstone of LIBERTY. If everyone was created in God’s image, then he also knew what he was creating. Cycles are part of that process. It takes two opposites to always function. So stop trying to force everyone to be just one thing. That is Marxism at its best. It failed! Get over it. Because of the dominance of the religious right that cares more about two gays getting married than the nation surviving economically, for 2016, our computer has been projecting since 1995 that this will be the FIRST time a Third Party could take the White House if the winds of change blow in the right direction and inspire someone to run who thinks out of the box. The TIME is at last right.

So it will either be Rand OR someone else...
    Last edited by ctiger2; 07-30-2014 at 08:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Crashland View Post
    I know, I don't understand why he thinks that's a good word picture. Especially when it's always the last thing he says in his speeches, that's what the audience is left with lol
    I actually really like that.
    The ultimate minority is the individual. Protect the individual from Democracy and you will protect all groups of individuals
    Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual. - Thomas Jefferson
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

- Bene Gesserit Litany Against Fear

I like how he spoke about Partisan hacks.