Thread: Massie: There Will Be ‘Anger, Frustration, & Embarrassment’ When Redacted 9/11 Pages Come Out

Massie: There Will Be ‘Anger, Frustration, & Embarrassment’ When Redacted 9/11 Pages Come Out

update:

Congressman Massie: There Will Be ‘Anger, Frustration, and Embarrassment’ When Redacted Pages of 9/11 Report Come Out

by Erica Ritz
    Jul. 30, 2014 7:15pm

Congressman Thomas Massie (R-Ky.) is one of a number of lawmakers urging the government to declassify 28 redacted pages of a report investigating the attacks of September 11, 2001.

Massie said at a press conference earlier this month that when he read the redacted pages of the report, titled “Joint Inquiry into Intelligence Community Activities Before and After the Terrorist Attacks of September 11, 2001,” he had to stop “every couple pages” to try to rearrange his “understanding of history.”

“It challenges you to rethink everything,” he said.

Massie appeared on The Glenn Beck Program Wednesday to speak more on the subject and — though he couldn’t reveal any details — he said there will be “anger, frustration, and embarrassment when these 28 pages finally come out.”

“I was gravely disturbed by your description, where you said you had to stop and re-figure history,” Beck said. “Can you give us any other description other than that?”

read more:
    http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2014...port-come-out/

--

Congressman Thomas Massie

Today at 5:00 PM I'll be on TheBlaze TV with Glenn Beck to talk about the push to release 28 classified pages from an official 9/11 report.

Before we involve ourselves in #Iraq, Congressmen and their constituents need to know more about the events leading up to 9/11. Understanding what enabled this tragedy to occur is fundamental to drafting a strategy for the Middle East. Based on my reading of the documents, I am confident that making these 28 pages public would not damage our national security.

Tune in at 5:00 PM and share to spread the word!
    https://www.facebook.com/RepThomasMa...1281839229315/
    Last edited by jct74; 07-31-2014 at 12:11 AM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2014...port-come-out/

...“I was gravely disturbed by your description, where you said you had to stop and re-figure history,” Beck said. “Can you give us any other description other than that?”

“Absolutely,” Massie responded. “When 9/11 happened and shortly thereafter, we were all like sponges. We were trying to absorb as much information [as possible] to understand the who, the what, the why, the where. But at some point you quit collecting information because there’s no more information to be had — or you think there’s no more information — and it all sort of sets up like concrete in your brain.”

“As I was reading these 28 pages, I had to try to take apart that concrete that had set up, my own understanding of what had led up 9/11 and what had enabled it,” Massie continued. “What really hurt me was to wonder, why did my government keep this from me for 13 years? What were their motives?”

Beck asked: “Is this stuff that will deeply tear us apart or will it be just — has our government been worse than just sloppy and greedy at times?”

“This will not tear our country apart,” Massie responded. “It will be embarrassing. It will not endanger us to release this information. But the American public needs to have it.”

Massie said that “if we’re going to use 9/11 as a motivation to get involved in these civil wars in the Middle East,” the American public and the lawmakers in Washington “need to read these pages and understand what truly caused 9/11 and who our friends are and who our enemies are.”
    Based on the idea of natural rights, government secures those rights to the individual by strictly negative intervention, making justice costless and easy of access; and beyond that it does not go. The State, on the other hand, both in its genesis and by its primary intention, is purely anti-social. It is not based on the idea of natural rights, but on the idea that the individual has no rights except those that the State may provisionally grant him. It has always made justice costly and difficult of access, and has invariably held itself above justice and common morality whenever it could advantage itself by so doing.
    --Albert J. Nock

intersting.... definitely wanna see the doc's.

bump. I added Lucille's article to OP and also a youtube.
    Last edited by jct74; 07-31-2014 at 12:15 AM.

Massie: There Will Be ‘Anger, Frustration, & Embarrassment’ When Redacted 9/11 Pages Come Out
    I don't think they will be released...

Good grief. What the hell is keeping anyone from revealing exactly what the documents say right now? Are they still classified or something? It's been 13 years.

This sounds like one of those setups radio hosts do before a commercial to keep you glued to the station through the breaks. Then when you get the big news it's less than stellar.
    The wisdom of Swordy:

On bringing the troops home
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    They are coming home, all the naysayers said they would never leave Syria and then they said they were going to stay in Iraq forever.

It won't take very long to get them home but it won't be overnight either but Iraq says they can't stay and they are coming home just like Trump said.

On fighting corruption:
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Trump had to donate the "right way" and hang out with the "right people" in order to do business in NYC and Hollyweird and in order to investigate and expose them.
    Fascism Defined

Quote Originally Posted by Todd View Post
    Good grief. What the hell is keeping anyone from revealing exactly what the documents say right now? Are they still classified or something? It's been 13 years.

This sounds like one of those setups radio hosts do before a commercial to keep you glued to the station through the breaks. Then when you get the big news it's less than stellar.
    In order to view them, he had to swear an oath not to reveal their contents. If he goes to far he could be thrown out of office or even in jail. Furthermore, he was only allowed to read them in a sound proof room with no recording devices present. The best he could do would be able to recite some bits from memory.
    Non-violence is the creed of those that maintain a monopoly on force.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

Awareness is the Root of Liberation Revolution is Action upon Revelation

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo.

...the familiar ritual of institutional self-absolution...
    ...for protecting them, by mock trial, from punishment...

Anything that gets released will be total whitewash bullsh/t
    There are only two things we should fight for. One is the defense of our homes and the other is the Bill of Rights. War for any other reason is simply a racket.
    -Major General Smedley Butler, USMC,
    Two-Time Congressional Medal of Honor Winner
    Author of, War is a Racket!

It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours.
    - Diogenes of Sinope

Here's video of the former 9/11 Commission Chair and Vice Chair supporting the declassification of the 28 pages:
    http://www.c-span.org/video/?c450494...ilton-28-pages

The resolution, H.Res. 428, picked up another cosponsor this past week. There's now 7 Republicans and 3 Democrats on board.

Quote Originally Posted by Working Poor View Post
    I don't think they will be released...
    Especially if it exposes Israel.

Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

Quote Originally Posted by RDM View Post
    Especially if it exposes Israel.
    Yeah, Beck doesn't mention this, just the Saudi connection. BUT, there is this:

"Evidence linking these Israelis to 9/11 is classified."

Quote Originally Posted by limequat View Post
    In order to view them, he had to swear an oath not to reveal their contents. If he goes to far he could be thrown out of office or even in jail. Furthermore, he was only allowed to read them in a sound proof room with no recording devices present. The best he could do would be able to recite some bits from memory.
    The only oath that matters....

I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office on which I am about to enter: So help me God.

Sounds like he's saying if you believe what you have been told, you believe something that isn't the full truth (a lie).

Only those that believe what they have been told would be shocked by these pages; I don't think many here would be.

I fear for young Mr. Massie's health.
    "The Patriarch"

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.