Thread: ObamaCare Is Bailing Out Insurance Companies - On Your Dime

ObamaCare Is Bailing Out Insurance Companies - On Your Dime

ObamaCare Is Bailing Out Insurance Companies - On Your Dime

By Josh Withrow

A basic concept of health insurance is that payments to patients come from a common pool of money – meaning that every customer pays in. When too many people in the pool need payouts, everyone’s premium goes up to compensate. While crafting their health care takeover, the ObamaCare team realized that if insurers were to go along with being forced to cover millions of new, less-healthy patients, their response would be to increase premiums across the board to compensate. Thus, they built several components into the law which are intended to keep insurers from taking “undue losses”: reinsurance, risk adjustment, and risk corridors.
    The administration issued a rule which stated that if insurance companies’ losses exceeded the amount provided by the risk corridors under the law, the government would pay the rest – a direct federal bailout of the insurers. Since Congress would not authorize any new spending to cover the cost, the government declared that they would collect “user fees” instead. Regardless of whether these “fees” are legal (and that’s debatable), it is outrageous that the administration is directly using taxpayer dollars to essentially bribe the insurers into hiding the true cost of ObamaCare to consumers. And these user fees, of course, will be passed on to consumers – if you have insurance, you will pay for this bailout.

The cost to taxpayers for this little political maneuver? A billion dollars, at least, according to a House Oversight subcommittee, and it could very well cost more.

The bailout won’t just be a one-year deal. ObamaCare’s very design incentivizes the least healthy among the uninsured to sign up, and the young healthy population to find a way around it. In order to keep insurers in the game, the administration may well be forced to keep the risk corridors, their supposedly temporary automatic bailout, in force indefinitely.
    More:
    http://www.freedomworks.org/content/...nies-your-dime
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Fascists.

Emails Show [Shadow President Valerie Jarrett] Pushed Insurance Industry Obamacare Bailout
    http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2014...acare-bailout/

How Obamacare Made Health Insurance Industry 'Villains' Into White House Partners
    http://reason.com/blog/2014/07/30/ho...insurance-indu
    Last edited by Lucille; 07-30-2014 at 11:10 AM.
    Based on the idea of natural rights, government secures those rights to the individual by strictly negative intervention, making justice costless and easy of access; and beyond that it does not go. The State, on the other hand, both in its genesis and by its primary intention, is purely anti-social. It is not based on the idea of natural rights, but on the idea that the individual has no rights except those that the State may provisionally grant him. It has always made justice costly and difficult of access, and has invariably held itself above justice and common morality whenever it could advantage itself by so doing.
    --Albert J. Nock

Seems to me that I recall that the insurance companies had a large role in penning the Obamycare. Am I wrong about that?

Quote Originally Posted by Natural Citizen View Post
    Seems to me that I recall that the insurance companies had a large role in penning the Obamycare. Am I wrong about that?
    Of course they did.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

The health insurance industry is a lame duck. It won't be around in ten years except maybe as a shell.
    The proper concern of society is the preservation of individual freedom; the proper concern of the individual is the harmony of society.

"Who would be free, themselves must strike the blow." - Byron

"Who overcomes by force, hath overcome but half his foe." - Milton

Ben Swann... covered this months ago. Give his news/site some love

Video: Insurance Companies Will Receive $5.5 Billion in Bailouts in 2015 | Ben Swann Truth In Media
    The American Dream, Wake Up People, This is our country! <===click

"All eyes are opened, or opening to the rights of man, let the annual return of this day(July 4th), forever refresh our recollections of these rights, and an undiminished devotion to them."
    Thomas Jefferson
    June 1826

Rock The World!
    USAF Veteran