Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Even Jews Ask: Is Judaism a Satanic Cult?

Quote Originally Posted by heavenlyboy34 View Post
    True that. Sola would be an all-star if there were leagues for that.

Quote Originally Posted by heavenlyboy34 View Post
    This has nothing to do with your OP.
    So thread highjacking is fine when you do it.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronin Truth View Post
    Getting nasty often gets you banned, I'm a really quick learner.
    You're a rank amateur. Here you are uniting Catholics, Protestants and Jews. A good troll would atleast get the Protestants and the Catholics bickering-- that's easy. A troll genius would get someone to make a derogatory slur against one of the groups-- Getting someone to make an over the top anti-Semitic statement is the Holy Grail in the kingdom of the troll. And in this thread, it was here on a silver platter and you dropped it.

This is speaking as someone who loved "visiting" neocon forums and posing very militant neocon and setting off fights, but I put my trolling behind me step by step, one day at a time. It isn't easy, but oh, those were the days...
    Last edited by RJB; 07-30-2014 at 03:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by William Tell View Post
    Yes, well said, Ronin is a mere petty poo thrower
    My poo scoop shovel broke. I've got a new one on backorder from Amazon.

Quote Originally Posted by RJB View Post
    I disagree to a point. S_F had a definite belief that he shared. He was annoying, but he stood on (his) principle. If he posted something he would defend it. I disagreed with his logic, interpretations and his "charming" methods but his disagreements were genuine.

Ronin does have a habit of posting things that he doesn't seem to understand, agree with, nor defend as Erowe points out above. He posts and moves on to another information dump when a critique is made with a bit of playfulness that wasn't in S_F.

ETA: No one could ever replace S_F. He's in a league of his own IOW Give him his due...
    Agreed. SF just got unbanned, and so should start posting again. There is no way anybody else could replace him as a poster here.

6. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    My poo scoop shovel broke. I've got a new one on backorder from Amazon.
    REAL trolls use bare hands.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

Quote Originally Posted by FreedomFanatic View Post
    Agreed. SF just got unbanned, and so should start posting again.
    Awesome!
    Can't wait until this thread starts bashing catholics!
    All modern revolutions have ended in a reinforcement of the power of the State.
    -Albert Camus

Quote Originally Posted by otherone View Post
    Awesome!
    Well, the unbanning was actually like three days ago, and he hasn't come here to post. So, he may be done here, but I hope not.

REAL trolls use bare hands.
    I've never lived under a bridge. What's it like? I'm guessing humid and noisy.

Quote Originally Posted by otherone View Post
    Awesome!
    You might want to take it from the top. It seems you've missed a few.

I've never lived under a bridge. What's it like? I'm guessing humid and noisy.
    'Tis a godless place, you might like it.
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

'Tis a godless place, you might like it.
    Dry and quiet?

Dry and quiet?
    Water under the bridge.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

15. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Water under the bridge.
    Is that a Jewish Godless place or a Jewish Godless place?

Getting nasty often gets you banned, I'm a really quick learner.

In my experience it really depends on who you are nasty toward.

Quote Originally Posted by erowe1 View Post
    The Enochic books are not in the Old Testament. Nor are they considered scripture by Jews.
    Since when?
    They were well known at the time of Christ.. And quoted by writers of the new testament.

They are not considered "canon" by most.. (i find them quite interesting) and were rejected By the Jews at some point..but were apparently known as scripture in Christs time.

And one other point,, in regards to the piece posted by the OP.
    The Kabalah was long after the Rejection of the Messiah.. it is something created and adopted on the middle ages, a rather late development.

I would also point out,, that Judaism,, is a dead religion.
    There is no Ark of Covenant. God does no longer live among them.
    There is no priesthood offering sacrifice and burnt offerings.. has not been for 2000 years.
    The Law is not followed.

The whole purpose of the people was to bring Christ, the Messiah, and that being fulfilled, it serves no further purpose.

What remains is empty ritual,, and perverted purpose (Zionism)
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

You're a rank amateur. Here you are uniting Catholics, Protestants and Jews. A good troll would atleast get the Protestants and the Catholics bickering-- that's easy. A troll genius would get someone to make a derogatory slur against one of the groups-- Getting someone to make an over the top anti-Semitic statement is the Holy Grail in the kingdom of the troll. And in this thread, it was here on a silver platter and you dropped it.

This is speaking as someone who loved "visiting" neocon forums and posing very militant neocon and setting off fights, but I put my trolling behind me step by step, one day at a time. It isn't easy, but oh, those were the days...
    I've never aspired to "good trolldom". I doubt that I ever will. I tend to pick my own battles, and fill in the meantime with cutesy banter.

Agreed. SF just got unbanned, and so should start posting again. There is no way anybody else could replace him as a poster here.
    The Ogilthorpe of libertarian forums.
    Last edited by RJB; 07-30-2014 at 05:01 PM.

The Ogilthorpe of libertarian forums.
    Is that a real word? I have no idea what it means.

Is that a real word? I have no idea what it means.
    The internet is your friend.
    All modern revolutions have ended in a reinforcement of the power of the State.
    -Albert Camus

Ogilthorpe is the code word for him. Here is a hidden camera recording of a secret chat among those who frequent the RPFs' "Peace through Religion" forum about his return.

Warning F-bombs (I think that was HB dropping them):

Last edited by RJB; 07-30-2014 at 07:28 PM.

24. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Terry1 View Post
    THE CREED

"I believe in One God, Father Almighty, Maker of heaven and earth and of all things visible and invisible.

And in One Lord, Jesus Christ, the only-begotten Son of God, begotten of the Father before all ages.

Light of Light, true God of true God, begotten, not created, of one essence with the Father, through whom all things were made.

For us and for our salvation, He came down from heaven and was incarnate by the Holy Spirit and the Virgin Mary and became Man.

He was crucified for us under Pontius Pilate, and He suffered and was buried.

On the third day He rose according to the Scriptures.

He ascended into heaven and is seated at the right hand of the Father.

He will come again with glory to judge the living and the dead. His kingdom will have no end.

And in the Holy Spirit, the Lord, Giver of Life, who proceeds from the Father, who together with the Father and the Son is worshipped and glorified, who spoke through the prophets.

In one, holy, catholic, and apostolic Church.

I acknowledge one baptism for the forgiveness of sins.

I expect the resurrection of the dead; and the life of the age to come.

Amen."
    Hey, nice creed, I really hope that it works out well for you.

Do Jews Believe in Satan? The Jewish View of Satan

By Ariela Pelaia

Satan is a character that appears in the belief systems of many religions, including Christianity and Islam. In Judaism "satan" is not a sentient being but a metaphor for the evil inclination – the yetzer hara – that exists in every person and tempts us to do wrong.

Satan As A Metaphor for the Yetzer HaRa

The Hebrew word "satan" literally means "adversary" and in Jewish thought one of the things we struggle against every day is the "evil inclination," also known as the yetzer hara. The yetzer hara is not a force or a being, but rather refers to mankind's innate capacity for doing evil in the world. Using the term satan to describe this impulse is not very common though. (The "good inclination" is called the yetzer hatov.)

References to "satan" can be found in some Orthodox and Conservative prayer books, but they are viewed as symbolic descriptions of one aspect of mankind's nature.

References to Satan in the Hebrew Bible

Satan appears as a proper character only once in the Hebrew Bible. In the Book of Job he is depicted as an angel who mocks the piety of a righteous man named Job. He tells God that the only reason Job is so religious is because God has given him a life filled with blessings. "But lay Your hand upon all that he has, and he will curse You to Your face" (Job 1:11). God accepts Satan’s wager and allows Satan to rain all manner of misfortune upon Job: his sons and daughters die, he loses his fortune, he is afflicted with painful boils. Yet even though people tell Job to curse God, he refuses. Throughout the book Job demands that God tell him why all of things horrible things are happening to him but God does not answer until chapter 38. "Where were you when I established the world?" God asks Job, "Tell me, if you know so much" (Job 38:3-4). Job is humbled and admits that he has spoken of things he does not understand.

The Book of Job grapples with the difficult question of why God allows evil in the world. It is the only book in the Hebrew Bible that mentions "satan" as a sentient being. The idea of satan has a being with dominion over a metaphysical realm never caught on in Judaism. Judaism is so strictly monotheistic that the rabbis resisted the temptation to characterize anyone other than God with authority. Rather, God is the Creator of both good and evil and it is up to mankind to choose which path they will follow.

http://judaism.about.com/od/judaismb...eliefsatan.htm

I don't know why these people think that Judaism (as practiced by Jews) is some sort of antithesis to Christianity. Satan is a scarce name, only really relevant in old midrashim, we really don't care all that much about Christians, and all this "LOOK AT THE WORDS! WHAT DO THEY MEAN," bull $#@! commits various intellectual fallacies. Hell, these people don't even know a single thing about Judaism:
    "Jewish prayers are conducted in Yiddish, a composite language far from the intended pronunciation of the original Hebrew."

The latter part is right (I'm one of those nerds that like to pronounce the 3ayin), but almost no tefilot are spoken in Yiddish (and no formal and completely necessary prayers are in Yiddish as well). The vast majority of prayers are in Hebrew and must be spoken in Hebrew (though saying them in the common language is acceptable if one cannot read Hebrew). There are a few prayers, mostly halachically non-required, that are written in Aramaic (a sister language to Hebrew); but, I never see, in the context of a liturgy, any prayers being spoken in Yiddish, not even in chassidic circles.

Let's start at the beginning. Look at the author, Will Newmann, and his main source, Harold Rosenthal.
    Why? Why on earth? A good education never kept anyone from making any mistakes at all. Never kept anyone from lying, either. And even from the mouths of babes come gems.

The whole concept of Lucifer doesn't even exist in Judaism. Lucifer is a Latin word that Christians took from the Latin Vulgate, which has never been used as a Jewish Bible.
    It wouldn't, if (as was alleged) they call Lucifer god. So as a logical disproof, this statement is a major fail.

I'll return to my question.
    A wiser idea, to be sure.

In my experience it really depends on who you are nasty toward.
    In your experience it really depends on who is nasty first. The only reason you think otherwise is you have eyes but do not see.

And, no, slicing, dicing and gutting another person's arguments is not automatically considered 'nastiness'. No matter how much that person wants to believe in those arguments and their validity.
    Last edited by acptulsa; 07-31-2014 at 10:17 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    We believe our lying eyes...

Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    Since when?
    They were well known at the time of Christ.. And quoted by writers of the new testament.

They are not considered "canon" by most.. (i find them quite interesting) and were rejected By the Jews at some point..but were apparently known as scripture in Christs time.

And one other point,, in regards to the piece posted by the OP.
    The Kabalah was long after the Rejection of the Messiah.. it is something created and adopted on the middle ages, a rather late development.

I would also point out,, that Judaism,, is a dead religion.
    There is no Ark of Covenant. God does no longer live among them.
    There is no priesthood offering sacrifice and burnt offerings.. has not been for 2000 years.
    The Law is not followed.

The whole purpose of the people was to bring Christ, the Messiah, and that being fulfilled, it serves no further purpose.

What remains is empty ritual,, and perverted purpose (Zionism)
    I don't disagree with you about Judaism. I reject it as a Christian. I even believe it's Satanic. But that is judging it from my Christian perspective. To claim that Jews themselves consciously consider their own religion Satanic, as the OP claims, is false, and either ridiculously ignorant or ridiculously deceptive.

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    It wouldn't, if (as was alleged) they call Lucifer god. So as a logical disproof, this statement is a major fail.
    They don't. The allegation is ludicrous. There is no Lucifer in Judaism. The major fail is the entire OP.

They don't. The allegation is ludicrous. There is no Lucifer in Judaism. The major fail is the entire OP.
    This is a statement. It could be a statement of fact. It could be a statement of faith. What it is not is an effective, logical refutation of something.

You implied you might provide us one of those. I was merely inviting you to begin at any time, if that really was your intent.

Critical thinking is a boon to my Christian faith, not a detriment.
    Last edited by acptulsa; 07-31-2014 at 10:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    This is a statement. It could be a statement of fact.
    It is a statement of fact.

The OP makes statements of fact, which are false. It bases its conclusions on these. It is logically refuted on that basis. People who know about Judaism, which the author of the OP and his sources do not, know this.

33. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Where are the people who are prepared to stand by and defend anything in the OP?

Will anybody?

If not, then I don't see what the issue is. We all agree that it's garbage and can move on.

It is logically refuted on that basis.
    Not until the underlying thesis is disproven, it isn't. The substitute for logic you're using doesn't work for me. You're building on sand.

Let's try this:

Christianity: Jesus is Lord

Islam: Jesus is a vital and unmeasurably important prophet

Modern Judaism: Jesus, if He existed at all, was merely a rabble-rouser and troublemaker.

Now explain to me--logically--how modern Judaism is Godly and the basis of Islam is Luciferian.

We all agree that it's garbage and can move on.
    God gave us eyes to see and brains to think with. We'll never ward off the false prophets among us if we don't learn to use them.

Do you really think Zionism is really a sect of Judaism that Jesus the King of the Jews would lay claim to?
    Last edited by acptulsa; 07-31-2014 at 10:49 AM.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast