Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Michael Scheuer goes after Rand

Quote Originally Posted by FreedomFanatic View Post
    I don't think our government crumbling would lead to "havoc."
    Of course it would, at least initially and likely temporarily. It is better to disassemble the building back to the size it should be than to just knock it over with a wrecking ball. Fewer people get hurt that way.
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Collins View Post
    Of course it would, at least initially and likely temporarily. It is better to disassemble the building back to the size it should be than to just knock it over with a wrecking ball. Fewer people get hurt that way.
    The correct size is a demolished heap. There is no such thing as a good State. That said, I don't think its possible to actually make a minimally sized government without smashing the heap anyway. I cannot possibly imagine a scenario in which politicians actually learn their lesson which does not also have a number of politicians paying for their crimes. That cannot happen with the most powerful military in the world making sure that does not happen.

Well, you know who is father is, and you know what his moves in the Senate have been... so try thinking for yourself on this one...
    My dad isn't a libertarian.

Quote Originally Posted by jllundqu View Post
    Sooooo.... your prescription for success is for a candidate to 'play the game' and pander to whatever base(s) he/she needs to win and to even not be entirely truthful at times, just so long as the ends justify the means and they get elected, then hope they do what YOU think the MIGHT do?
    No I do not think anyone should be untruthful. Winning an election means adjusting your rhetoric to fit what is tasteful for the voters. This is campaigning 101.

I'd rather support someone who speaks truth to power and puts a premium on personal integrity. Did not the Ron Paul campaigns change the freaking world?? Do you remember how fired up the country was when he was out there TELLING IT LIKE IT IS?
    You mean like less than 10% of voters, and even less of the general population?

Changing hearts and minds is great, but without actually gaining political power, it accomplishes nothing.

Rand may fare better in the polls by 'playing their game' but he will never fire up the support his father did because of it. No one will be standing in freezing temps holding "RAND PAUL CURED MY APATHY" signs. No one will be making youtube vids of Rand that inspire millions of activists. No one will be making movies and documentaries about the "Rand Paul r3v0lution"....
    And did sign waving win elections? Passion or intensity is not indicative of victory. Ron's support was deep but not wide. Rand's support will be wide but likely not as deep as Ron's. Rand is seen as the GOP front-runner right now while Ron never was.
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

Quote Originally Posted by FreedomFanatic View Post
    The correct size is a demolished heap. There is no such thing as a good State. That said, I don't think its possible to actually make a minimally sized government without smashing the heap anyway. I cannot possibly imagine a scenario in which politicians actually learn their lesson which does not also have a number of politicians paying for their crimes. That cannot happen with the most powerful military in the world making sure that does not happen.
    That's because you don't understand how politics works... it can be done by people just like us... I would suggest you sign up to take a training course from these guys (which by the way is closely affiliated with Ron): http://www.facltraining.org/facl2/contact.htm

Quote Originally Posted by mad cow View Post
    So Ron Paul cured y'alls apathy?I think Ron Paul might have disguised your apathy temporarily.

There was a money bomb here for Tom McMillin yesterday,by any measure an excellent Liberty candidate.
    It raised a grand total of $45 from two donations and got 13 posts.
    Pretty pathetic IMHO.
    I imagine you were one of the two to donate?
    “The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, but he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them.” --George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    In terms of a full spectrum candidate, Rand is leaps and bounds above Trump. I'm not disputing that.
    Who else in public life has called for a pre-emptive strike on North Korea?--Donald Trump

Well, you know who is father is, and you know what his moves in the Senate have been... so try thinking for yourself on this one...
    Warren Buffet is a left winger and his father was one of the best conservative congressman of all time.
    A society that places equality before freedom with get neither; A society that places freedom before equality will yield high degrees of both

Make a move and plead the 5th because you can't plead the 1st

That's because you don't understand how politics works... it can be done by people just like us... I would suggest you sign up to take a training course from these guys (which by the way is closely affiliated with Ron): http://www.facltraining.org/facl2/contact.htm
    Can't get link to work.
    "Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women; when it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it; no constitution, no law, no court can even do much to help it."
    James Madison

"It does not take a majority to prevail ... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men." - Samuel Adams

Μολὼν λάβε
    Dum Spiro, Pugno
    Tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    this thread is proof that everything is going to plan.

The bigger government gets, the smaller I wish it was.
    My new motto: More Love, Less Laws

Quote Originally Posted by bxm042 View Post
    If Rand Paul fails miserably with his run for President, can we agree to give up on national politics and work towards alternative solutions? (e.g., secession..)

Just throwing that out there, again.
    Just keep voting for the Red Team, comrade.

Quote Originally Posted by P3ter_Griffin View Post
    I'm surprised the 3d chess players haven't deciphered this move yet. In order for Rand to distance himself from the non-interventionist he needs them to attack his foreign policy. My guess is that Rand asked Scheuer to write this piece so when the inevitable "you recommended a book by an author who is critical of Israel and blames US policy for blowback" he can say-- look, he attacked my foreign policy, we don't agree. If Ron comes out saying he disagrees with Rand's FP we will know for sure Ron agrees with Rand's FP. You know, obfuscation and all that jazz.
    With probably not enough due respect, that borders on conspiracy kookerism.

Maybe Rand just sees things differently?
    I'm a moderator, and I'm glad to help. But I'm an individual -- my words come from me. Any idiocy within should reflect on me, not Ron Paul, and not Ron Paul Forums.

Quote Originally Posted by nayjevin View Post
    With probably not enough due respect, that borders on conspiracy kookerism.

Maybe Rand just sees things differently?
    He does.

And his position is wrong from a variety of perspectives.
    “The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, but he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them.” --George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    In terms of a full spectrum candidate, Rand is leaps and bounds above Trump. I'm not disputing that.
    Who else in public life has called for a pre-emptive strike on North Korea?--Donald Trump

so he wants to go into the presidential debate full of surprises instead of giving opponents a heads up on where to look for talking points based on the books he reads

what's so wrong with that? too much calculus?

Quote Originally Posted by nayjevin View Post
    My impression is Scheuer believes as strongly as AIPAC does that the future depends on the proper foreign policy. Foreign policy for him is the first policy not to compromise.
    Mike is still a CIA guy by trade. Always has been. Like Cruz, he should be used when helpful and ignored when he goes back on his script.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

Quote Originally Posted by devil21 View Post
    Mike is still a CIA guy by trade. Always has been. Like Cruz, he should be used when helpful and ignored when he goes back on his script.
    Mike is a friend of mine. I disagree with this statement.
    Diversity finds unity in the message of freedom.

Dilige et quod vis fac. ~ Saint Augustine

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Above all I think everyone needs to understand that neither the Bundys nor Finicum were militia or had prior military training. They were, first and foremost, Ranchers who had about all the shit they could take.
    Quote Originally Posted by HOLLYWOOD View Post
    If anything, this situation has proved the government is nothing but a dictatorship backed by deadly force... no different than the dictatorships in the banana republics, just more polished and cleverly propagandized.
    "I'll believe in good cops when they start turning bad cops in."

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    In a free society there will be bigotry, and racism, and sexism and religious disputes and, and, and.......
    I don't want to live in a cookie cutter, federally mandated society.
    Give me messy freedom every time!

Quote Originally Posted by devil21 View Post
    Maybe Scheuer is so cynical BECAUSE of his time in the CIA? He's seen it all up close.
    Rand Paul 2016
    Justin Amash 2024
    Thomas Massie 2032

Check out Matthew Vines' Reformation Project!

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345