Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Michael Scheuer goes after Rand

Michael Scheuer goes after Rand

http://non-intervention.com/1288/ene...and-rand-paul/

And then there is Rand Paul, another first-term politician who mistakenly believes — like Obama — that he has the talent and experience to be president. Because of his father’s vast negative experience with the uniformly pro-Israel U.S. media and the much-censored American political system that pro-Israel Americans have corrupted, he has eagerly sold out out to the Israel-Firsters and the bipartisan interventionists. Siding with both, Rand Paul has supported U.S. and European involvement in the Ukraine, sponsored the “Stand With Israel Act” in Congress, and, generally, has done nothing that will help prevent future U.S. intervention in wars in which we have nothing at stake — like Israel-vs-Palestine. I seem to recall that Mr. Paul attended the Kentucky Derby with Rupert Murdoch, who may well have advised him that Israel is more important than U.S. security and American lives. And one has to believe Mr. Paul has since met with Roger Ailes and other FOX NEWS senior managers and got briefed on how he must behave and speak, and who he can publicly associate with, if he is to avoid being ignored by FOX as his father was to America’s detriment. I guess Rand Paul is proof that the apple sometimes does fall pretty far from the tree.

Finally, I do owe Senator Paul a thank you. He recently was criticized for having a non-interventionist book list — described as anti-Israeli by his critics — on his website and, magically, it disappeared almost immediately. Among the books on the list was one of mine, and I can only say how delighted I am to no longer have a place on Senator Paul’s website. As long as Senator Paul is marching in lockstep — or is it goose step? — with the Israel Firsters and against America, he and I have far different national security concerns and, even more, far different national allegiances.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I'm waiting to see how Rand votes on actual interventionist/Israel bills, not what his tv rhetoric is. If there's one thing that should be understood by now it's that what politicians say doesn't matter much, it's what they do that matters. Of course I'd like to hear Rand shred the warmongers like Ron did but it's apples and oranges at this point.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

Scheurer is apparently not as smart as I thought he was.
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

good?
    FLIP THOSE FLAGS, THE NATION IS IN DISTRESS!

why I should worship the state (who apparently is the only party that can possess guns without question).
    The state's only purpose is to kill and control. Why do you worship it? - Sola_Fide

Baptiste said.
    At which point will Americans realize that creating an unaccountable institution that is able to pass its liability on to tax-payers is immoral and attracts sociopaths?

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Collins View Post
    He's entitled to his opinion.
    Diversity finds unity in the message of freedom.

Dilige et quod vis fac. ~ Saint Augustine

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Above all I think everyone needs to understand that neither the Bundys nor Finicum were militia or had prior military training. They were, first and foremost, Ranchers who had about all the shit they could take.
    Quote Originally Posted by HOLLYWOOD View Post
    If anything, this situation has proved the government is nothing but a dictatorship backed by deadly force... no different than the dictatorships in the banana republics, just more polished and cleverly propagandized.
    "I'll believe in good cops when they start turning bad cops in."

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    In a free society there will be bigotry, and racism, and sexism and religious disputes and, and, and.......
    I don't want to live in a cookie cutter, federally mandated society.
    Give me messy freedom every time!

a a b b
    Last edited by z9000; 04-18-2015 at 09:48 AM.

Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

He's smarter. Because he's making sure Rand's feet are being held to the fire.

Let's not forget:
    Last edited by jjdoyle; 07-29-2014 at 06:38 PM.

And Mark Levin has been attacking Ron Paul (and his "ilk") for a week now.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    And Mark Levin has been attacking Ron Paul (and his "ilk") for a week now.
    Mark Levin has always hated "us", and Ron Paul for all I know.
    He words and his actions, are enough for me on that.
    Michael Scheuer was one of the first to stand up with Ron after the South Carolina debate, and defend Ron on foreign policy.

Siding with both, Rand Paul has supported U.S. and European involvement in the Ukraine, sponsored the “Stand With Israel Act” in Congress
    If Mr.Scheuer can't see what game Randal is really playing with that bill then he hasn't thought about it too deeply. I'm guessing this is just some showmanship from Mike.

That's it. Scheuer is dead to me. I only need Collins opinion...

Sure he is. Just like a lot of us, he's guardedly skeptical and not convinced any politician is different from another.
    The wisdom of Swordy:

On bringing the troops home
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    They are coming home, all the naysayers said they would never leave Syria and then they said they were going to stay in Iraq forever.

It won't take very long to get them home but it won't be overnight either but Iraq says they can't stay and they are coming home just like Trump said.

On fighting corruption:
    Trump had to donate the "right way" and hang out with the "right people" in order to do business in NYC and Hollyweird and in order to investigate and expose them.
    Fascism Defined

Quote Originally Posted by zbro90 View Post
    Scheuer is just another tin foil hat ragamuffin.

"Conspiracy Theorist"....A slander of the non critical thinker or someone who believes 2 men might murder someone fro 1000 bucks but can't fathom that 20 men might try to murder many for trillions of dollars.
    The wisdom of Swordy:

On bringing the troops home
    They are coming home, all the naysayers said they would never leave Syria and then they said they were going to stay in Iraq forever.

It won't take very long to get them home but it won't be overnight either but Iraq says they can't stay and they are coming home just like Trump said.

On fighting corruption:
    Trump had to donate the "right way" and hang out with the "right people" in order to do business in NYC and Hollyweird and in order to investigate and expose them.
    Fascism Defined

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    If Mr.Scheuer can't see what game Randal is really playing with that bill then he hasn't thought about it too deeply.
    That's the thing, Rand was trying to cut foreign aid to Palestine, and that angered AIPAC. It's like when Rand said we should help Europe, but make them pay for it. In other words, sell them stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

Scheuer is much too harsh, but Rand has been straying a bit too much. aid to Ukraine has no political advantage, and Israel is increasingly unpopular. Murdoch might tolerate Rand, but will never support him. not just because of Israel but SOPA

Quote Originally Posted by devil21 View Post
    I'm waiting to see how Rand votes on actual interventionist/Israel bills, not what his tv rhetoric is. If there's one thing that should be understood by now it's that what politicians say doesn't matter much, it's what they do that matters. Of course I'd like to hear Rand shred the warmongers like Ron did but it's apples and oranges at this point.
    He's going to vote for bills that fund Israel. He's already made that clear. I don't see why people think he would actually vote against those bills. He's not going to be on the losing side of a 99-1 vote and give his opponents in the GOP primary ammunition. You would see that in ads all over Iowa. And I'm not defending the policy, but it's just what Rand is going to do when you consider that his main goal is to win the GOP nomination, even if he has to abandon libertarian/non interventionist principles on some issues.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Traditional Conservative View Post
    He's going to vote for bills that fund Israel. He's already made that clear. I don't see why people think he would actually vote against those bills. He's not going to be on the losing side of a 99-1 vote and give his opponents in the GOP primary ammunition. You would see that in ads all over Iowa. And I'm not defending the policy, but it's just what Rand is going to do when you consider that his main goal is to win the GOP nomination, even if he has to abandon libertarian/non interventionist principles on some issues.
    I just wonder what he would do as president.

Michael Scheuer was spot-on.

Rand does seem like he's selling out to the neocons/zionists (one in the same).

How else does one interpret his support for Russian sanctions and Israeli actions against Gaza?

On these subjects, he sounds no different than John McCain and Lindsey Graham.

Quote Originally Posted by DFF View Post
    How else does one interpret his support for Russian sanctions and Israeli actions against Gaza?

On these subjects, he sounds no different than John McCain and Lindsey Graham.
    It's the non interventionist position to say that Israel has the right to defend themselves, that our government shouldn't tell Israel that they can't defend their homeland and their people. Rand is correct on that. But sanctions on Russia certainly violate non interventionist principles.

Maybe appropriate here?

How come the Rand Paul subreddit has hardly any posters?
    http://www.dailypaul.com/323279/how-...ly-any-posters

Quote Originally Posted by cindy25 View Post
    I just wonder what he would do as president.
    And that is the trillion dollar question which many, both our allies and enemies, are asking themselves.

I have no idea what pressures Rand Paul is facing now, nor Michael Scheuer for that matter. But I do know that the time left for this nation seems to be very short, and the prospects of global war are reaching critical levels. The goal right now is to win the nomination.
    +
    'These things I command you, that you love one another.' - Jesus Christ

Quote Originally Posted by Traditional Conservative View Post
    I'm not going to speculate on what Rand will or won't do. I'm going to watch what he does, as he does it, and judge from there. His votes on binding laws are what matters to me, not rhetoric or votes on powerless resolutions and other "show" bills.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

Ron Paul is the only reason I recognize the name Michael Scheuer, and now he is getting pissy at Rand for taking his book off of a list on his site? Real class act...

Scheuer is playing bad israeli cop. Rand is playing good israeli cop.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by LibertyEsq View Post
    Ron Paul is the only reason I recognize the name Michael Scheuer, and now he is getting pissy at Rand for taking his book off of a list on his site? Real class act...
    Translation: You didn't know $#@! before Ron Paul, and now you have really don't know what to believe, having not really followed up on Ron Paul's reading lists...

If Rand Paul fails miserably with his run for President, can we agree to give up on national politics and work towards alternative solutions? (e.g., secession..)

Just throwing that out there, again.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Scheuer like many who have been elevated in the last 7 years is worried about the number of "hits" he is getting

same here for me. im waiting to see if hes just "playing their game" until he wins it all.
    Quote Originally Posted by devil21 View Post

no, hes right on the money i think. but rand is playing the game im hoping.

Quote Originally Posted by bxm042 View Post
    If Rand Paul fails miserably with his run for President, can we agree to give up on national politics and work towards alternative solutions? (e.g., secession..)

Just throwing that out there, again.
    I doubt it. We're facing a wave of insanity.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast