Thread: Pentagon official: U.S. is no safer now than when the Iraq war began

Pentagon official: U.S. is no safer now than when the Iraq war began

http://rare.us/story/pentagon-offici...raq-war-began/

Pentagon official: U.S. is no safer now than when the Iraq war began

Douglas Barclay, Rare Staff

Posted on July 29, 2014

On Saturday at the Aspen Security Forum, a top Pentagon official painted a grim picture when assessing the potential success the United States has made in combatting terrorism.

When Lt. Gen. Michael Flynn, head of the Defense Intelligence Agency was asked if the United States was safer than at the beginning of the Iraq and Afghanistan wars, Flynn could not quell the fears of most Americans.

“Yeah, my quick answer is that we’re not,” he said, noting that current terrorist groups are more complex than those that existed 12 years ago.
    More:
    http://rare.us/story/pentagon-offici...raq-war-began/
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Less safe, thanks to fools like him.
    “The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, but he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them.” --George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    In terms of a full spectrum candidate, Rand is leaps and bounds above Trump. I'm not disputing that.
    Who else in public life has called for a pre-emptive strike on North Korea?--Donald Trump

Quote Originally Posted by kcchiefs6465 View Post
    Less safe, thanks to fools like him.
    Totally agree with you here.

The American Dream, Wake Up People, This is our country! <===click

"All eyes are opened, or opening to the rights of man, let the annual return of this day(July 4th), forever refresh our recollections of these rights, and an undiminished devotion to them."
    Thomas Jefferson
    June 1826

Rock The World!
    USAF Veteran

But we had to do something...

hey Pentagon official -get on over to the airport and defend my 4th amendment if you're looking for something to do.
    Fear of man will prove to be a snare, but whoever trusts in the LORD is kept safe. Proverbs 29:25
    "I think the propaganda machine is the biggest problem that we face today in trying to get the truth out to people."
    Ron Paul

Please watch, subscribe, like, & share, Ron Paul Liberty Report
    BITCHUTE IS A LIBERTY MINDED ALTERNATIVE TO GOOGLE SUBSIDIARY YOUTUBE

So everything you've done has made the situation worse.

All while invading my privacy and violating my constitutional rights.

Could we just have a constitutional military. One that won't go to war without a congressional declaration of war.

This just pisses me off! Lets have a house cleaning. and a senate cleaning and a executive office cleaning. Get rid of a bunch of regulatory agencies - parasites that they are.

-t

Because we don't spend enough. DHS needs a bigger budget.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    This.

As long as we have a shred of freedom left, the terrorists will hate us for it.

So, we should give the terrorists more tax dollars. That's bound to cure that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    According to this memo.

America is safer when it occupies the entire globe

Borders wide open, terrorists being housed by Obama and paying Sponsors to house them for $70,000 of your taxpayer dollars ... Yet, White and Black Americans getting gang raped by TSA ... The World is more free now if you hate Americans because Obama has all but destroyed them and two more years to go to finish the job.

I dont know what to make of this considering that we were pretty safe before we invaded Iraq. So do we cheer for the good news and reduce defense spending?

Flynn could not quell the fears of most Americans
    I have no fear at all, zero, that an uluating horde of jihadists are going to show up in my front woods with a tank, kick down my door, shoot my dog, grenade my grandson, and light my ass up with automatic weapons fire.

Nor have I ever had that fear, in spite of all the monkeyfucking around with people $#@!s like you have been doing for decades.

Your pals with badges on the other hand...yes, I have a very real and warranted fear of that.

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    Truth there. Incompetence is often rewarded. Happens in the corporate world all the time too.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.