Thread: Ron Paul interviews Tim Draper about splitting California into 6 states

Ron Paul interviews Tim Draper about splitting California into 6 states

by Ron Paul

Should California Be Divided into Six States?

July 29, 2014 – Ron Paul speaks with Tim Draper about him gathering enough signatures to put a measure on the ballot in California to split the state six ways.

Citing the fact that California went from being 1st in education to 47th, the state’s prison population has quadrupled and it being the worst state to do business in the U.S., Draper and Paul agree that separating the state into smaller units of government would solve many problems. “The state is not working as a unit to help 38 million people,” Draper said.
    This could work elsewhere, particularly in Iraq, according to Paul. Learn more about this idea here.

What are your thoughts on creating smaller units of government?
    http://www.voicesofliberty.com/video...to-six-states/

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    This is an interesting subject. I would support dividing California into smaller States.

I do not support Tim Draper's proposed States. One of the biggest problems as far as representation goes in California, is that it is a huge area, yet politically dominated by a few urban areas. Rural and agricultural areas have little to no representation, yet the rural areas are large enough to be their own States. Draper's proposal creates multiple States that would once again be dominated by large urban areas. It will not help.

As far as Draper himself, imho, he is a corporatist charlatan that is looking to make money from the new state governments. Notice how he keeps talking about "government platforms" and improvements. He wants a prime place at the government tit. The height of that nonsense was when he said that California's water problems were the result of not enough infrastructure spending, and he would solve the problems with "water sensors". It's the third year of a terrible drought! Water sensors?! gmafb!
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Might as well discuss dividing the moon into six states. It ain't gonna happen.

Quote Originally Posted by KingNothing View Post
    Might as well discuss dividing the moon into six states. It ain't gonna happen.
    Without someone talking about it and getting the ball rolling, it sure won't.

I'm all for getting the idea out there as much as possible.

Please ... divide California and New York into six states and sell them to Russia for oil ... I would sell them for $20.00 and laugh my ass off for ripping off Russia.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Draper's proposal creates multiple States that would once again be dominated by large urban areas. It will not help.
    I'm ok with that. Anything that divides a governing entity into multiple smaller governing entities = good, IMO
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

For those who care about partisan politics, this would probably add ten Democrats to the US Senate. And those in rural areas would have even less representation at the Federal level than they have now.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

California is actually the 11th most densely populated state.

California is home to 38-million people within 163,696 sq mi, while Texas is home to 26-million people within 268,820 sq mi.

The total size of Alaska is 663,268 sq mi, which Anchorage, Alaska consists of only 1,968.6 sq mi and is home to about one-half of Alaska’s population, retaining 380,821 residents within Anchorage alone.

So, great then, and while we are at it let’s go ahead and carve Texas up into at least 8-states; or better still let’s just divide both California and Texas into two and give away both southern portions back to Mexico as a symbol of apology for America’s past racial transgressions.

Personally, this seems like a desperate act by liberal-progressives to counter the influx of true liberty elected candidates—liberty rising. Dividing California into multiple states is going to burden the majority of its residents greatly—being its infrastructure was built upon serving one vastly large state, while certain portions of California have flourished under massive wealth and other portions are beset with some of America’s highest poverty rates. Doing this will simply pave a certain pathway to bankruptcy for several of these proposed states.

On a positive note, if this trend continues President “Barack Obama” will be closer to being right after all—as America will then just be one state away from actually having 57-states.
    Last edited by Weston White; 07-29-2014 at 08:59 PM.
    The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding one’s self in the ranks of the insane.” — Marcus Aurelius

They’re not buying it. CNN, you dumb bastards!” — President Trump 2020

Consilio et Animis de Oppresso Liber

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    No no no. One world government is what we need.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

For those who care about partisan politics, this would probably add ten Democrats to the US Senate. And those in rural areas would have even less representation at the Federal level than they have now.
    Let's divide Texas into 8 states and maintain the edge.
    The wisdom of Swordy:

On bringing the troops home
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    They are coming home, all the naysayers said they would never leave Syria and then they said they were going to stay in Iraq forever.

It won't take very long to get them home but it won't be overnight either but Iraq says they can't stay and they are coming home just like Trump said.

On fighting corruption:
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Trump had to donate the "right way" and hang out with the "right people" in order to do business in NYC and Hollyweird and in order to investigate and expose them.
    Fascism Defined

Quote Originally Posted by Todd View Post
    Let's divide Texas into 8 states and maintain the edge.
    In the interview, I beleive that is what the guy behind this has in mind, i.e. that it will only be adopted at the Federal level when the number of new Blue States equals the number of new Red states. But I would keep in mind that it's almost inevitable for densely populated areas to go Blue, so even the new Texas States would probably turn Democrat if they include large urban areas. And judging by the divisions proposed for California, the mindset here is to create States based around urban areas.

Things that do not make sense about these boundaries:

- Los Angeles and San Diego should be in the same State. They are nearly continuous urban-suburban coastal areas. Geographically and politically alike.
    - The rural and desert area to the east of LA and San Diego should be in a different state. They would be separated by mountain ranges. Geographically and politically different than the coast.
    - Sacramento and Stockton should be in the same State. Once again, they are nearly continuous, and are geographically and politically related.
    - Marin County and the coastal region directly north of SF should not be part of a state that extends all the way to Lake Tahoe. They are geographically and politically different. Make Marin Co. part of San Francisco's state.

For those more familiar with the eastern half of the country, these proposals would have an effect similar to adding Chicago to Iowa, or adding DC to West Virginia.