Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: [Fox News] Feds quietly dump hundreds of illegal immigrants in Tennessee without saying a word

[Fox News] Feds quietly dump hundreds of illegal immigrants in Tennessee without saying a word

Imagine you’re about to sit down for supper when suddenly 760 folks show up on your front porch wanting fried catfish and hushpuppies. You’d be fit to be tied as they say in Tennessee.

And Tennessee Governor Bill Haslam is fit to be tied.

The Obama administration recently released 760 illegal immigrant children to sponsors in the Volunteer State without any warning, the governor charged.

There was not so much as a text message or tweet.

“It is unacceptable that we became aware via a posting on the HHS website that 760 unaccompanied children have been released by the Office of Refugee Resettlement to sponsors in Tennessee without my administration’s knowledge,” the governor wrote in a strongly-worded letter to President Obama.

CLICK HERE TO READ GOV. HASLAM'S LETTER TO PRESIDENT OBAMA

Haslam, a Republican, said he still has not been contacted by the Obama administration – and has no idea where the illegals were resettled.

“I still have not been contacted and have no information about these individuals or their sponsors other than what was posted on the HHS website,” he wrote.

The Office of Refugee Resettlement says sponsors are typically a parent or relative who can care for the illegal immigrant child while their immigration case is processed. All sponsors are required to undergo background checks.

It’s also unclear why the ORR is handling the children – since they are illegal immigrants and not refugees.

It’s been the Obama administration’s standard operating procedure to release the illegals into states without notifying local or state government officials.

White House Press Secretary Josh Earnest told reporters that the illegal immigrant children have a right to privacy. He said privacy rights of the illegals are more important than the public’s right to know what’s happening.

the bolded part baffles me. my head just exploded.

continued: http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2014/...-in-tennessee/
    The ultimate minority is the individual. Protect the individual from Democracy and you will protect all groups of individuals
    Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual. - Thomas Jefferson
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

- Bene Gesserit Litany Against Fear

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kotin View Post

White House Press Secretary Josh Earnest told reporters that the illegal immigrant children have a right to privacy. He said privacy rights of the illegals are more important than the public’s right to know what’s happening.

the bolded part baffles me. my head just exploded.
    in an outlaw government only outlaws have rights.

To think government dictators planned this entire operation(s) for months, is a testament, they are the subversives of American society. To inflict the burden covertly onto states, communities, and taxpayers, without dialog or representation. This destruction of America's failing society is being accelerated and to think of the sick $#@!s inside the Washington DC beltway came up with such plans.
    The American Dream, Wake Up People, This is our country! <===click

"All eyes are opened, or opening to the rights of man, let the annual return of this day(July 4th), forever refresh our recollections of these rights, and an undiminished devotion to them."
    Thomas Jefferson
    June 1826

Rock The World!
    USAF Veteran

The Gov should take action against DC.

''White House Press Secretary Josh Earnest told reporters that the illegal immigrant children have a right to privacy. He said privacy rights of the illegals are more important than the public’s right to know what’s happening, and we will get the taxpayers to pay for all this''

fixed.

Tennessee should dump them on the White House lawn or Capital Hill... even on the properties of the political elites.
    The American Dream, Wake Up People, This is our country! <===click

"All eyes are opened, or opening to the rights of man, let the annual return of this day(July 4th), forever refresh our recollections of these rights, and an undiminished devotion to them."
    Thomas Jefferson
    June 1826

Rock The World!
    USAF Veteran

Why not just "dump" them on some empty federal property and let them build their own community?
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Secession anyone?
    Last edited by Kotin; 07-29-2014 at 03:31 PM.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    Why not just "dump" them on some empty federal property and let them build their own community?
    Because they are kids,

They need to be exploited.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

This whole country is "theirs" at least in their mind.

In that case, why not dump all of us on empty federal property and let us build our own communities?
    "I shall bring justice to Westeros. Every man shall reap what he has sown, from the highest lord to the lowest gutter rat. They have made my kingdom bleed, and I do not forget that."
    -Stannis Baratheon

It's not just Tennessee that's getting dumped on. It's happening all over the United States.
    If you doubt it, do a search on "illegal immigrant housing"

Isn't this private families/ individuals -often relatives- voluntarily taking in the kids in the Volunteer State?

The Office of Refugee Resettlement says sponsors are typically a parent or relative who can care for the illegal immigrant child while their immigration case is processed. All sponsors are required to undergo background checks.
    http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/n...rder/11915723/

The White House wants all immigration cases – those that end with a deportation or an approval to remain in the country – resolved more quickly. Immigration courts are backlogged around the country, leaving children and adults waiting months or years for their cases to be resolved.

The 2008 law, which passed both chambers of Congress by unanimous consent and was signed into law by President George W. Bush, dictates exactly how children caught crossing the border without their parents must be treated.

For children coming from "contiguous countries" – in other words, Mexico and Canada – a Border Patrol officer has the authority to determine whether the child is eligible to stay in the country. Because the child can be directly and safely handed over to officials from his or her home country, the process can move very quickly.

But for children from all other countries, any repatriation to their home country involves a plane flight and more preparation. The law dictates that after being caught, the child must be turned over within 72 hours to the Department of Health and Human Services to care for them and find them safe housing. HHS is also urged to find them legal counsel and child advocates who can explain the process of applying for asylum or identifying other ways to stay in the country.

Let's face it, the immigration issue is about race. I mean, I don't want my daughters dating and marrying brown people. My wife is half Mexican and I have gone to great lengths in order to breed out her swarthy phenotype. Our children have blond hair since my genetic strain of blond hair is anomalously dominant. Reintroducing a darker phenotype to the gene pool would undo my efforts. I want my descendants to have blond hair and blue eyes, and claim Latino scholarships for being 1/64 Mexican.
    "I shall bring justice to Westeros. Every man shall reap what he has sown, from the highest lord to the lowest gutter rat. They have made my kingdom bleed, and I do not forget that."
    -Stannis Baratheon

Did Collins ride along on this'n?

Welcome to our world. Texas has the bulk of them.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Philhelm View Post
    Let's face it, the immigration issue is about race. I mean, I don't want my daughters dating and marrying brown people. My wife is half Mexican and I have gone to great lengths in order to breed out her swarthy phenotype. Our children have blond hair since my genetic strain of blond hair is anomalously dominant. Reintroducing a darker phenotype to the gene pool would undo my efforts. I want my descendants to have blond hair and blue eyes, and claim Latino scholarships for being 1/64 Mexican.

I disagree...I could care less what color they are. I spent most of my life telling people I don't speak Spanish because I'm part Indian and can pass for a Mexican. My dad looked more like one than me and so does my son. My husband however looks like he could be in the Aryan Nation. I know you are just being sarcastic, but this has nothing to do with race...maybe for some. It has to do with a lot of things..like being forced to pay for people who haven't contributed jack squat and who will take advantage of every gimme out there.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Isn't this private families/ individuals -often relatives- voluntarily taking in the kids in the Volunteer State?
    What of it?

Child trafficking is often a state law. So if the DHHS is illegally trafficking in children, it stands to reason they wouldn't tell the state. But that doesn't mean the people charged with enforcing those state laws have to be happy about it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    We believe our lying eyes...

Not even worth a neg-rep. I expect this sort of trash from the comments section at the NYT or Huffpo, but you can take your deck of race cards and shove them up your ass.
    Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    This is getting silly.
    It started silly.
    T.S. Eliot's The Hollow Men

"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato

We Are Running Out of Time - Mini Me

Quote Originally Posted by Philhelm
    I part ways with "libertarianism" when it transitions from ideology grounded in logic into self-defeating autism for the sake of ideological purity.

Quote Originally Posted by nobody's_hero View Post
    Not even worth a neg-rep. I expect this sort of trash from the comments section at the NYT or Huffpo, but you can take your deck of race cards and shove them up your ass.
    Dude...relax. I'm just trollin'. Besides, at the very least I deserve +1 rep for breeding them out for a change. My whole life I've heard from women that blond men are unattractive (still managed to bang a few of those girls though), or that blond hair on a man is feminine, or how pale, white, untanned skin is unattractive, or how WASP's are responsible for every evil ever committed, or how it is supposed to be tall, dark, and handsome. In addition, blond men in hollywood films are almost always evil or a douchebag. We are talking systematic oppression spanning decades at least, so damned right I'm pulling the race card. It's my turn for once. At this point, I hate anyone who is dishwater blond or darker. Damned mongrels.
    -Stannis Baratheon

He's suddenly concerned? What's he been doing about the hundreds of thousands of illegals already there? Meh, what's a few hundred more.

Besides, Haslam is on Obama's 10 member "Governor's Council" so I'll not pay much mind to what he says. He probably agreed to house the illegals in the first place.

SecDef directs this Council, according to wiki.
    Last edited by devil21; 07-31-2014 at 01:57 AM.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.3D View Post
    It's not just Tennessee that's getting dumped on. It's happening all over the United States.
    If you doubt it, do a search on "illegal immigrant housing"
    Didn't they build a four star hotel for these kids in Oklahoma or somewhere?
    I too have been a close observer of the doings of the Bank of the United States...When you won, you divided the profits amongst you, and when you lost, you charged it to the bank...You are a den of vipers and thieves. I have determined to rout you out, and by the Eternal, I will rout you out!

Andrew Jackson, 1834

Quote Originally Posted by willwash View Post
    Didn't they build a four star hotel for these kids in Oklahoma or somewhere?
    I'm not sure about that but here is an example of what they were thinking about.
    FEDS TO OPEN $50 MILLION RESORT FOR ILLEGAL CHILDREN – Complete With Tennis Courts, Sauna & Pools (Updated)

Dude...relax. I'm just trollin'. Besides, at the very least I deserve +1 rep for breeding them out for a change. My whole life I've heard from women that blond men are unattractive (still managed to bang a few of those girls though), or that blond hair on a man is feminine, or how pale, white, untanned skin is unattractive, or how WASP's are responsible for every evil ever committed, or how it is supposed to be tall, dark, and handsome. In addition, blond men in hollywood films are almost always evil or a douchebag. We are talking systematic oppression spanning decades at least, so damned right I'm pulling the race card. It's my turn for once. At this point, I hate anyone who is dishwater blond or darker. Damned mongrels.
    I just bleached my hair over this post. Including my ball sack.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/n...rder/11915723/
    I hope those families continue their voluntary ways and resist the urge to ask for public assistance to take care of those children.

but its for the kids!!!!!!

bull$#@!!

Do you play video games?
    Pinochet is the model
    Liberty preserving authoritarianism.
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

Whatever you say, Himmler.

Sooo can we close the damn border now until we can phase out welfare/social security/medicare???

Much ado about nothin'.

What the hell do people expect us to do with these children right now? The best thing is to make sure they're safe and tended to while things get sorted and they're returned to family members if they're ineligible to remain. They're children, for God's sake. You don't just drop them off in the middle of nowhere and wish them luck.

Fox news forgot to add this to their article, but it's Fox News, so that's no surprise:

The unaccompanied minors have been placed into Tennessee households with approved “sponsors” — typically their own families and relatives — as has been happening for years, said immigrant and refugee advocates.
    “They’ve got somewhere to go,” said Eben Cathey, spokesman for the Tennessee Immigrant and Refugee Rights Coalition. “They’re not getting dropped off. They’re getting placed with their mom, dad, aunt or uncle.”

[...]

“Unaccompanied minors have been coming into the U.S. for years and years and years,” said Holly Johnson, state refugee coordinator for the Tennessee Office of Refugees.

Johnson said she and others with ties to immigrant groups were surprised by the latest attention. She expressed skepticism that Tennessee was seeing a significant surge, though no one could cite specific numbers for previous years. She said her agency sometimes helps link children to families but has been asked to make very few connections this year.
    Sounds like the governor is fear-mongering to pander to teocons and people like these fine Republicans:

"These (immigrants) are people that are coming in with leprosy, tuberculosis, polio.”

“These (Central American) kids have scabies and influenza, viral pneumonia, leprosy. These kids are going to be part of the school system. … They are bleeding Texas (Democrat) blue.”

We need a lot of things, but what we don’t need is more people at the trough. These people are not coming in with a good, Christian heart. Most of them are criminals, anyway.”

Nothing out of the ordinary seems to be happening from the sound of it.

Last edited by Antischism; 07-30-2014 at 05:59 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast