Thread: "Bitcoin Accepted by New Hampshire Candidates" [mentions me]

"Bitcoin Accepted by New Hampshire Candidates" [mentions me]

...barely...

Bitcoin Accepted by New Hampshire Candidates

Bitcoin, the increasingly popular peer-to-peer, stateless cryptocurrency, has been embraced by New Hampshire political candidates. In May, the Federal Election Commission made Bitcoin a legal form of currency for campaign contributions. Since then, New Hampshire liberty candidates have wasted no time adopting its use in their fundraising.

According to a recent article on SYS-CON, about a dozen New Hampshire state senate candidates have begun to use PayStand to accept online campaign contributions. PayStand is a next generation online payment solution which accepts Bitcoin as well as traditional forms of payment. Among the New Hampshire senate candidates accepting Bitcoin are Eileen Landies, Chair of the New Hampshire Liberty Alliance, who is currently running for NH Senate District 20.
    “It’s important for government leaders to listen to their constituency,” states Andrew Hemingway, a New Hampshire Republican gubernatorial candidate. “New Hampshire is known as the Live Free or Die State and we have always been very strong in our independent ideals. The state has spoken — they want the opportunity to use innovative and convenient payment alternatives. I am happy to accept Bitcoin as political donations and want to make it as simple a process as possible for my supporters to do that. Cryptocurrency like Bitcoin is the wave of the future and I want to do everything I can to allow people to use it — including for political donations of all sorts.” – SYS-CON Media

Jeremy Almond, CEO of PayStand, was quoted as saying “From day one PayStand has included Bitcoin among all other forms of payment and we are thrilled to be on the leading edge in the political donation process in New Hampshire and throughout the country.”

“The candidates we’ve endorsed understand that Bitcoin represents the kind of market-driven innovation this state needs to succeed in today’s global economy,” said Aaron Day, chair of the Republican Liberty Caucus of New Hampshire and CEO of the Atlas Society. “PayStand offers a comprehensive, turnkey solution for candidates — and political organizations like ours — dependent on donations for victory.”

According to SYS-CON, New Hampshire is leading the currency revolution. It was ranked as having the most Bitcoin transactions per capita of any state in the US. NH State Representative Mark Warden, a Manchester Republican, Free State Project early mover, and former Chair of the New Hampshire Liberty Alliance, is reportedly the first sitting elected official in the country to take donations by Bitcoin.

New Hampshire Rep. Mark Warden

“In our State Rep campaign (NH), I was approached by a campaign staffer to pay him in Bitcoin”, said Warden. “I agreed, though I had a very rudimentary understanding of the currency. He then suggested I accept Bitcoin contributions to the campaign. This turned out to be a fabulous idea, though its subsequent implementation had a number of challenges.”

Warden continued, “I chose to accept Bitcoin donations, not so much for the campaign per se, but to help give the new currency a sense of mainstream acceptability and applicability. As a strong believer in free markets, my confidence in the power of markets and competition extends not only to automobiles, housing, clothes, energy, haircuts, news sources and vegetables, but also to currencies. Why not? Any competition to the monopoly USD is going to bring innovation and improvement to new players…”

“I knew very little of the technology, of course, and relied heavily on advice from players in the New Hampshire Bitcoin community such as Josh Harvey, Matt Whitlock, Erik Voorhees and others. These guys were invaluable in working out the kinks of a new online contribution system as well as spreading the word worldwide, leading to contributions from strangers throughout the US.”

Harvey and Whitlock, both New Hampshire residents, are two of the founders of Lamassu, a company which manufactures some of the world’s first Bitcoin ATM machines. Voorhees is co-founder of Coinapult and was the founder of the Bitcoin gambling website SatoshiDice.

Bitcoin Accepted By Numerous New Hampshire Candidates

Numerous New Hampshire pro-liberty state representative candidates now accept campaign contributions via Bitcoin. They include, but are not limited to:

http://www.shirelibertynews.com/bitc...re-candidates/
    Republican candidate for New Hampshire State House of Representatives

please donate at shemkellogg.com

bitcoin and precious metals gratefully accepted!

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Nice!
    "Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one."
    —Charles Mackay

"god i fucking wanna rip his balls off and offer them to the gods"
    -Anonymous

There is also a comment about a liberty Republican running for governor in New Hampshire that takes Bitcoin. It includes a link to where people may donate to his campaign.

Great post! People may donate to Andrew Hemingway for Governor here.
    http://www.andrewhemingway.com/donate/
    Lifetime member of more than 1 national gun organization and the New Hampshire Liberty Alliance. Part of Young Americans for Liberty and Campaign for Liberty. Free State Project participant and multi-year Free Talk Live AMPlifier.

Cool. But what exactly could you do with BitCoin donations?

Quote Originally Posted by LogCabinGOProud View Post
    Cool. But what exactly could you do with BitCoin donations?
    They get turned into cash and spent on the campaign. My campaign has one bitcoin donation so far.

www.joefraser.org

Quote Originally Posted by Joe For Liberty View Post
    They get turned into cash and spent on the campaign. My campaign has one bitcoin donation so far.

www.joefraser.org
    Yeah. That's the easiest way to do it. You can also keep them as bitcoin and then if it goes up, sell it and use that money but it's a more complicated legal process. Thankfully, there are several companies that have no trouble very quickly turning the bitcoin donates into Federal Reserve Notes.
    Lifetime member of more than 1 national gun organization and the New Hampshire Liberty Alliance. Part of Young Americans for Liberty and Campaign for Liberty. Free State Project participant and multi-year Free Talk Live AMPlifier.

Republican candidate for New Hampshire State House of Representatives

please donate at shemkellogg.com

bitcoin and precious metals gratefully accepted!

Quote Originally Posted by skfornh View Post
    Yeah, it seems if you go to http://libertycrier.com/ right now, it is the top story on the website.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Follow this up with a letter to the editor. Or arrange an editorial.