Thread: Rand Kicks off State Wide Tour of Iowa

Thumbs up Rand Kicks off State Wide Tour of Iowa

From a RANDPAC e-mail:

Senator Rand Paul Kicks off State Wide Tour of Iowa
    WASHINGTON, DC - On August 4, 2014, Senator Rand Paul will travel to Council Bluffs, Iowa to kick off a three day tour of the hawkeye state. Multiple events are open to accredited media.
    Monday, August 4

Iowa GOP Council Bluffs Victory Office
    231 South Main Street
    Council Bluffs, IA51503
    12:30 p.m.

Iowa GOP Sioux City Victory Office
    2526 Glen Avenue
    Sioux City, IA 51106
    3:00 p.m.

Steve King for Congress Fundraiser
    The Barefoot Bar
    24457 178th Street
    Okoboji, IA 51355
    6:30 p.m.

Tuesday, August 5

Cerro Gordo GOP Fundraiser
    Mason City Airport Restaurant
    9184 265th Street
    Clear Lake, IA50428
    8:00 a.m.

Iowa GOP Cedar Rapids Victory Office
    1340 Blairs Ferry Road
    Hiawatha, IA 52233
    10:30 a.m.

Mariannette Miller-Meeks for Congress Fundraiser
    The University Club
    1360 Melrose Avenue
    Iowa City, IA 52246
    Noon

Von Maur Corporate Headquarters Tour/Speech
    727 Veterans Memorial Parkway
    Davenport, IA 52806
    2:00 p.m.
    2:30 p.m. media avail

Iowa GOP Davenport Victory Office
    311 W. Kimberly Road
    Davenport, IA 52806
    3:00 p.m.

Wednesday, August 6

Westside Conservative Club Breakfast
    Machine Shed Restaurant
    11151 Hickman Road
    Urbandale, IA 50322
    7:15 a.m.

Iowa GOP Des Moines Victory Office
    2775 86th St.
    Urbandale, IA 50322
    8:30 a.m.
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Sounds awesome but why now and what for? With that if they do an Iowa polling Rand's polling should rise.

Quote Originally Posted by ssunlimited View Post
    Sounds awesome but why now and what for? With that if they do an Iowa polling Rand's polling should rise.
    Why now? I say why not? The presidential race is already on. Rand should take as much of a head start as possible. By the time all the other candidates wake up, time will be at a premium.
    Hofstadter's Law: It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's Law. -Douglas Hofstadter

Life, Liberty, Logic

Quote Originally Posted by Crashland View Post
    Why now? I say why not? The presidential race is already on. Rand should take as much of a head start as possible. By the time all the other candidates wake up, time will be at a premium.
    I thought the presidential race won't start until 2015 when people announce themselves as candidates for president?

I thought the presidential race won't start until 2015 when people announce themselves as candidates for president?
    There is a lot of groundwork that has to happen before that.
    It does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds. -Samuel Adams

Quote Originally Posted by orenbus View Post
    There is a lot of groundwork that has to happen before that.
    Oh? Tell me more.

Oh? Tell me more.
    He's building relationships with the existing political infrastructure. He's not going door to door talking to joe sixpack just yet. He's meeting with the Republican leaders, so when 2015 comes around he already has existing alliances.

Rand has been going across the country making all the connections that he will need to be tapping later when the time comes. A national campaign doesn't just spring up from "Draft candidate X" movements. And the primaries are more regional in nature. You don't want to announce your candidacy and then have to figure out how you're going to put together your organization in each state. It needs to be a well-oiled machine ready to go. The earlier, the better.
    Hofstadter's Law: It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's Law. -Douglas Hofstadter

Life, Liberty, Logic

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    OH! I get it now! He is basically trying to get more support that if he succeeds, then he has a better chance of becoming president. Its a strategical move. Its more like plan this now to see if this works out rather than worry about it later after you announce your candidacy. Thanks guys.

OH! I get it now! He is basically trying to get more support that if he succeeds, then he has a better chance of becoming president. Its a strategical move. Its more like plan this now to see if this works out rather than worry about it later after you announce your candidacy. Thanks guys.
    Um, ok.

Life, Liberty, Logic

Quote Originally Posted by brandon View Post
    He's building relationships with the existing political infrastructure. He's not going door to door talking to joe sixpack just yet. He's meeting with the Republican leaders, so when 2015 comes around he already has existing alliances.
    Early money + opinion leader support = success at the polls
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

This is all assuming the folks within Iowa don't just turn and vote for Christie, Rubio, Bush or whoever is pushed as the frontrunner come election time. Getting name recognition right now matters if it sticks later.

Desmoines Register: Rand Paul hits road to White House with a three-day Iowa tour

hxxp://www.desmoinesregister.com/story/news/politics/elections/2014/07/28/rand-paul-three-day-iowa-itinerary/13297371/

Rand Paul, the national GOP front-runner in the 2016 race for the White House, will tour Iowa from end to end next week, testing his attractiveness to voters in every congressional district here.

After three quick toe-dips into the presidential waters of Iowa in the last year, the U.S. senator from Kentucky is going all in, road-tripping to a slew of party events and candidate events from Aug. 4 to 6 to gauge how well he can turn out a crowd here.

Paul, who has said he won't make up his mind on whether to run for president until the first few months in 2015, has a tenuous lead nationally over the potential GOP presidential pack.
    ...Rand Paul, the national front-runner..

I never get tired of hearing that.

From end to end: Rand Paul launches campaign-style barnstorm across Iowa

By Ashley Killough, CNN
    Mon August 4, 2014

Omaha, Nebraska (CNN) -- Sen. Rand Paul kicks off a three-day swing Monday across Iowa, holding campaign-style events and fund-raisers with local politicians as the potential Republican presidential contender barnstorms the first-in-the-nation caucus state.

Paul's route will take him through nine cities from the state's western border to its eastern edge. The Kentucky Republican will also help the state Republican Party open multiple offices ahead of the midterm elections.

"It's very important for Sen. Paul to hear the concerns of average Iowans as well as job creators," said Steve Grubbs, Paul's chief Iowa strategist and a longtime political operative in the Hawkeye State.

As Paul lays the groundwork for a potential presidential campaign, he has kept Iowa a top priority. This is his fourth trip there since the 2012 presidential election.

Paul will leave the state on Wednesday, a day before the start of the Iowa State Fair, a popular venue for presidential hopefuls. A small swarm of other potential GOP contenders will travel to Iowa this weekend to attend a popular event for social conservatives. But Paul won't be there, preferring to give the candidates he's been helping some breathing room and allow them to be the focus.

read more:
    http://www.cnn.com/2014/08/04/politics/rand-paul-iowa/

It's great to see him traveling the state! I approve of the schedule. There's 99 counties to hit before the election.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Rand Paul Courts Iowa With Corny Tie

By Arlette Saenz
    Aug 6, 2014 6:13pm

URBANDALE, Iowa – Take one look at Sen. Rand Paul‘s tie and you’d think the Kentucky Republican is already running for president.

In homage to the state of Iowa, Paul donned a maroon tie bearing ears of yellow corn this morning as he spoke at the Westside Conservative Club Breakfast here. The breakfast was one of the final stops on his three-day, eight-city tour through Iowa that had him crisscrossing the state, going everywhere from Okoboji to Hiawatha, spanning the entire length of the state.

“We’ve done a lot of driving. We’ve seen a lot of corn,” Paul joked as conservative activists ate breakfast at the Machine Shed restaurant, a ritual stop for Republican politicians.

Paul is among the flurry of candidates dropping into Iowa this month, including Sen. Marco Rubio, R-Fla. and Texas Gov. Rick Perry, hoping to leave a lasting impression one year before the presidential race heats up in the state that is traditionally the first stop in the race to the White House.

read more:
    http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics...ith-corny-tie/

Rand Paul, in 'corn tie' and cowboy boots, takes time for Iowans' questions

Jennifer Jacobs
    5:22 p.m. CDT August 6, 2014

U.S. Sen. Rand Paul made a point to tell Iowans Wednesday morning that he was wearing his "corn tie" - a red tie patterned with yellow cobs.

An Iowa man asked him: "Do you have 50 ties?"

"By coincidence, I have a corn tie and by coincidence I have one in the shape of South Carolina. I don't know why," Paul answered, drawing a laugh from the audience at the Westside Conservative Club's breakfast meeting at the Machine Shed Restaurant in Urbandale.

Paul, a Kentucky Republican, has repeatedly said he won't decide until sometime in early 2015 whether he'll seek the White House in 2016. But all the signs point to yes, as Paul works hard to make deep connections in the states that serve as presidential testing grounds, including Iowa and South Carolina.

Unlike Tuesday's mad dash to events in four cities many miles apart, Paul's final day of his three-day Iowa tour was more leisurely. He was on stage at the breakfast club for a total of 47 minutes, speaking to Iowans and answering their questions on several topics, including Syria, immigration, how to attract voters to the GOP, marriage and birth control.

The corn tie was a gift from a doctor who came to Paul's Iowa City stop on Tuesday.

read more:
    http://www.desmoinesregister.com/sto...-tie/13666081/

Can't wait for him to come to texas to give him a big hug

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard101 View Post
    Can't wait for him to come to texas to give him a big hug
    Because everything is bigger in Texas?

We should all make sure he has some sort of tie for each state. That could be a cute gimmick that sticks.
    Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder. ~GEORGE WASHINGTON, letter, Aug. 17, 1779

Quit yer b*tching and whining and GET INVOLVED!!

Quote Originally Posted by mosquitobite View Post
    We should all make sure he has some sort of tie for each state. That could be a cute gimmick that sticks.
    Great idea!!

My state (Oregon) is probably easy--a fir tree, like on our license plates. Or maybe a salmon, a bicycle, or a bottle of craft beer.

All states weigh in.
    Brawndo's got what plants crave. Its got electrolytes.

H. L. Mencken said it best:

“Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.”

"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron."

Quote Originally Posted by francisco View Post
    Great idea!!

My state (Oregon) is probably easy--a fir tree, like on our license plates. Or maybe a salmon, a bicycle, or a bottle of craft beer.

All states weigh in.
    Indiana could also be corn, but some other ideas would be popcorn, basketball, Indy 500?

Kentucky could be the Derby of course.

The race thing is kinda fun since that's kind of a good analogy with politics.
    Last edited by mosquitobite; 08-07-2014 at 08:30 AM.
    Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder. ~GEORGE WASHINGTON, letter, Aug. 17, 1779

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Bump! What if each of us here at RPF did this tie thing?

Quote Originally Posted by mosquitobite View Post
    Bump! What if each of us here at RPF did this tie thing?
    OK, I officially volunteer to obtain the Oregon Tie.

I think someone here has an "in" with Thomas Massie, and maybe can get the ties to Rand through him.

Meanwhile, at risk of derailing the thread, anyone here with a scientific bent might be reminded of The RNA Tie Club

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RNA_Tie_Club
    Brawndo's got what plants crave. Its got electrolytes.

H. L. Mencken said it best:

“Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.”

"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron."

Quote Originally Posted by francisco View Post
    OK, I officially volunteer to obtain the Oregon Tie.

I think someone here has an "in" with Thomas Massie, and maybe can get the ties to Rand through him.

Meanwhile, at risk of derailing the thread, anyone here with a scientific bent might be reminded of The RNA Tie Club

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RNA_Tie_Club
    I messaged Thomas, he said just to mail it to Rand's Congressional office since they're on recess right now.

Bump - mine went in the mail today!