Thread: Sen. Rand Paul Hires John Yob Ahead of Potential 2016 Bid

Sen. Rand Paul Hires John Yob Ahead of Potential 2016 Bid

hxxp://blogs.wsj.com/washwire/2014/07/28/sen-rand-paul-hires-john-yob-ahead-of-potential-2016-bid/

In the latest sign Kentucky Sen. Rand Paul is ramping up for a presidential bid, his leadership PAC has hired Republican consultant John Yob as national political director and chief strategist of its Michigan operation.

Mr. Yob is the third state-level hire by RANDPAC in the last month, following the hirings of Steve Grubbs in Iowa and Mike Biundo in New Hampshire.
    RANDPAC is backing a number of candidates crucial to a GOP takeover of the Senate, including Cory Gardner in Colorado, Thom Tillis in North Carolina, Steve Daines in Montana, Terri Lynn Land in Michigan and Joni Ernst in Iowa. After November, RANDPAC is expected to evolve into a vehicle for Mr. Paul’s presidential campaign that will tap operatives from his 2010 Senate race and the 2012 presidential campaign of his father, Ron Paul.

Mr. Yob served as national political director for John McCain during the 2008 primary season and ran state and national convention delegate operations for Rick Santorum in 2012. In Michigan, he helped elect Michigan Gov. Rick Snyder, Lt. Gov. Brian Calley and Attorney General Bill Schuette in 2010. He also worked on the tea-party backed campaigns of Delaware Senate candidate Christine O’Donnell and Nevada Senate candidate Sharron Angle in 2010.
    Of perhaps greater interest than this particular hire, is the fact that RANDPAC is backing all those Republican Senatorial candidates. To my knowledge, they are not, any of them, liberty candidates - but if they get elected on RANDPAC's dime, and especially if Republicans gain a majority in the Senate as a result, that would greatly increase Rand's influence in the Senate and party - lending a lot of credibility to the narrative that Rand's brand is the cure for the GOP's electoral ills.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    EEW, does this mean I should vote for Terri Land next week?

I don't think I have the stuff. Probably look for an L on ballot.
    Non-violence is the creed of those that maintain a monopoly on force.

Quote Originally Posted by limequat View Post
    EEW, does this mean I should vote for Terri Land next week?

I don't think I have the stuff. Probably look for an L on ballot.
    Next week is the primary; there are no Ls on the ballot. They qualify for the general via convention.
    "You cannot solve these problems with war." - Ron Paul

Does anyone personally know any of those names that are bold ?

Quote Originally Posted by muzzled dogg View Post
    John McCain

Neocon. War hawk. Evil bastard!!

http://www.mccain.senate.gov/public/
    Freedom Report

Twitter Page

"I am convinced that there are more threats to American liberty within the 10 mile radius of my office on Capitol Hill than there are on the rest of the globe." -- Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by muzzled dogg View Post
    Ron Paul is a crazy isolationist who wants to dismantle the military and legalize heroine. Thats all I know.

Quote Originally Posted by FriedChicken View Post
    Ron Paul is a crazy isolationist who wants to dismantle the military and legalize heroine. Thats all I know.
    yup, and he wants grandma to eat alpo and to give your kids crack.
    rewritten history with armies of their crooks - invented memories, did burn all the books... Mark Knopfler

I've been told that, on a night much like this one, when you look in the mirror and say 'end the fed' 3 times, Ron Paul appears in your room with a knife.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by LawnWake View Post
    I've been told that, on a night much like this one, when you look in the mirror and say 'end the fed' 3 times, Ron Paul appears in your room with a knife.
    ROFL
    Brawndo's got what plants crave. Its got electrolytes.

H. L. Mencken said it best:

“Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.”

"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron."

Quote Originally Posted by LawnWake View Post
    Its true! I saw it on MSNBC in 2009 and THEN AGAIN(!!) on Fox News in 2012.