Thread: Sharknadothon viewing notice

Sharknadothon viewing notice

Wednesday night 7PM central time SYFY channel.
    Last edited by Ronin Truth; 07-28-2014 at 11:00 AM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    One is genius.

To sequel is insulting.

I've yet to see either.

so they are just embracing the fact that everyone makes fun of sci fy channel movies and trying to make the worst possible films ever now??

interesting move, sci fy channel.
    The ultimate minority is the individual. Protect the individual from Democracy and you will protect all groups of individuals
    Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual. - Thomas Jefferson
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

- Bene Gesserit Litany Against Fear

Quote Originally Posted by Kotin View Post
    so they are just embracing the fact that everyone makes fun of sci fy channel movies and trying to make the worst possible films ever now??
    So it would seem.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Correction: Wednesday night 6PM central time SYFY channel, Sharknado 1 begins. Tonight folks!

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Why did they go from having beautiful shows like Battlestar Galactica, to this crap?
    No more IRS.
    I am now old enough to vote.

Quote Originally Posted by 2young2vote View Post
    Why did they go from having beautiful shows like Battlestar Galactica, to this crap?
    I loved Battlestar Galactica.

Quote Originally Posted by Kotin View Post

interesting move, sci fy channel.
    As long as people continue to tune-in, SyFy will keep cranking these out. They're cheap to make, require minimum effort, and guarantee a high return on investment.

It's amazing that a channel with 'Science' in the title can produce such anti-intellectual garbage. Like how TLC (aka. the learning channel) aires HoneyBooBoo. Depressing.
    Knowledge will forever govern ignorance; and a people who mean to be their own governors must arm themselves with the power which knowledge gives. -James Madison

So this show is total garbage? Not even a "so bad it's good" factor?

I'm really enjoying that newer show "Defiance". It gotta be a pretty big budget though; so probably wont last long.

'Sharknado 2: The Second One' scores with outrageous Twitter reactions

July 31, 2014, 8:26 AM EST

By Jason Hughes

TheWrap
    Ratings for Syfy's "Sharknado 2: The Second One" haven't come in, but the movie is already a hit in one sphere. It quickly shot to number one on Twitter trending, with everyone getting in on the action of the sequel to the unlikely smash hit from last summer.

In fact, at one point in the night, eight of the top ten Twitter hashtags were for the Ian Ziering and Tara Reid movie, which featured countless celebrity cameos.

Also from TheWrap: 'Sharknado' Confounds Congress' Longest-Tenured Member John Dingell

The film was also trending on Facebook, as the social media strength it showed during last year's "Sharknado" premiere doesn't appear to have abated a single bit. In an era of time-shifting, it's certainly remarkable that an openly ridiculous film that's only gotten even more ridiculous has bucked the trend and become must-see-right-now TV.

Here are some of the best live Twitter reactions to the movie during its original broadcast. Even the film's official handle got in on the action.
    Twitters here: http://tv.msn.com/tv/article.aspx?news=880144

Quote Originally Posted by CPUd View Post
    Yeah, I'd say, OH HELL NO!, pretty well sums it up.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by amy31416 View Post
    Space:1999

Out of all the TV space shows, that was my favorite.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronin Truth View Post
    Yeah, I'd say, OH HELL NO!, pretty well sums it up.

I watched 10 minutes. I really can't stand Ian Ziering.

I posted in this thread prior to actually watching Sharknado 1 and 2. Sharknado was horrible, but kind of funny in a weird way. Sharknado 2 was genuinely entertaining and funny. I mean, Jared was just chilling in a subway, eating Subway. So many awesome references and campy humor. Im going to be watching Sharknado 3 very soon and will enlighten you all with my thoughts of the movie afterwards.
    No more IRS.
    I am now old enough to vote.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post

I can understand that, I liked it too.

Though the original Star Trek has to be my favorite choice.

Quote Originally Posted by amy31416 View Post
    Loved it.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post

Never heard of it. My all time favorite space TV show was probably Lost in Space. I even had a cat named after Dr Smith.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

I posted in this thread prior to actually watching Sharknado 1 and 2. Sharknado was horrible, but kind of funny in a weird way. Sharknado 2 was genuinely entertaining and funny. I mean, Jared was just chilling in a subway, eating Subway. So many awesome references and campy humor. Im going to be watching Sharknado 3 very soon and will enlighten you all with my thoughts of the movie afterwards.
    I sit with excited anticipation and bated breath. (No more sushi for lunch.)

I believe we have now identified the true target demographic of the Sharknado Trilogy.

(They wouldn't dare to make yet another one, would they? )
    Last edited by Ronin Truth; 07-24-2015 at 02:34 AM.