Thread: Did Shem running help save New Hampshire?

Did Shem running help save New Hampshire?

I'm not trying to sensationalize by asking if Shem running for the NH House saved New Hampshire, just if it helped

Shem Kellogg is running in the same New Hampshire district where according to the just released 2014 New Hampshire House Republican Alliance Scoresheet, a sitting Republican rep. has the lowest ranking of any Republican in the entire NH House. Yes, the lowest ranking for a Republican in the House. Not only did Rep. Hayes vote against how a Republican should vote a great deal of the time, he missed around half of the votes. Replacing him with someone that usually votes and votes like a good Republican will be very helpful for all of the people of New Hampshire!

Is Rep. Hayes not seeking reelection because he knew he would have a very competitive primary? I don't know for certain. People don't run for reelection for a variety of reasons in NH. Be it the lack of pay, the lack of benefits, lack of an office, lack of a staff, family issues, work issues and so on.

Check it out on page 3, 6 lines up from the bottom of the page.

Note that the 2nd least Republican, Republican is also not running. He is a current Rep. from Seabrook. Instead, another good Republican, a liberty Republican, is running in his place. http://www.nhhra.org/sites/default/f...0Scorecard.pdf

Shem, thank you for helping the people of New Hampshire. You are a statesman!
    Last edited by Keith and stuff; 07-28-2014 at 11:01 AM.
    Lifetime member of more than 1 national gun organization and the New Hampshire Liberty Alliance. Part of Young Americans for Liberty and Campaign for Liberty. Free State Project participant and multi-year Free Talk Live AMPlifier.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I think it is courageous of Shem to be doing what he is doing. He is definitely a real leader and I only hope others will follow his example.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

the people of any district or state deserve a public figure who can get to at least 80% to 90% of the votes each year.

I feel sh!ty about not helping out Shem and I couldn't donate to Justin Amash this past money bomb either.
    Hopefully they are victorious without my help.
    Quote Originally Posted by BuddyRey View Post
    Do you think it's a coincidence that the most cherished standard of the Ron Paul campaign was a sign highlighting the word "love" inside the word "revolution"? A revolution not based on love is a revolution doomed to failure. So, at the risk of sounding corny, I just wanted to let you know that, wherever you stand on any of these hot-button issues, and even if we might have exchanged bitter words or harsh sentiments in the past, I love each and every one of you - no exceptions!

"When goods do not cross borders, soldiers will." Frederic Bastiat

Peace.

Huzzah!

If the dates on my calendar are correct, Shem running for office stopped global warming!

(Brrr it's cold this morning, even in South Carolina)

NH has not been saved.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

people of principle do make a difference -- standing up and pressing forward!

never grow weary in doing good~

thanks shem!

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    All this focus on Federal races is just spinning wheels. The real change to restore liberty and save this country is in the State Legislatures. Far too few people around here 'get' that because running for State Legislature is thankless and hard. Shem is doing the real work where the real change is, instead of the glamor/glory of the almost useless Federal races.

Quote Originally Posted by GunnyFreedom View Post
    All this focus on Federal races is just spinning wheels. The real change to restore liberty and save this country is in the State Legislatures. Far too few people around here 'get' that because running for State Legislature is thankless and hard. Shem is doing the real work where the real change is, instead of the glamor/glory of the almost useless Federal races.
    amen!
    Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder. ~GEORGE WASHINGTON, letter, Aug. 17, 1779

Quit yer b*tching and whining and GET INVOLVED!!

Quote Originally Posted by GunnyFreedom View Post
    I agree 100%. We need to harness Rand's supporters locally next cycle if we want them to stay involved. To many gave up in 2012, we shot the moon and lost with Ron Paul.
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

Quote Originally Posted by William Tell View Post
    I agree 100%. We need to harness Rand's supporters locally next cycle if we want them to stay involved. To many gave up in 2012, we shot the moon and lost with Ron Paul.
    Did they give up or quieten down? (and run for local office)
    I'm a moderator, and I'm glad to help. But I'm an individual -- my words come from me. Any idiocy within should reflect on me, not Ron Paul, and not Ron Paul Forums.

Quote Originally Posted by nayjevin View Post
    It appears that at least one of them may have run for a state house seat
    Last edited by Keith and stuff; 08-06-2014 at 03:19 PM.
    Lifetime member of more than 1 national gun organization and the New Hampshire Liberty Alliance. Part of Young Americans for Liberty and Campaign for Liberty. Free State Project participant and multi-year Free Talk Live AMPlifier.

Quote Originally Posted by nayjevin View Post
    I know of plenty that gave up, and yes, I know a couple that did run. But only a small handful have run for office, out of millions of supporters.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

Of course peak activity will usually not be right now. There's widespread awakening on many fronts. Some people have kids now or started a business. Seems to me were in as good a shape as ever overall. But could use a major activism catalyst.
    I'm a moderator, and I'm glad to help. But I'm an individual -- my words come from me. Any idiocy within should reflect on me, not Ron Paul, and not Ron Paul Forums.