Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The Road Warrior Returns

Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

The Road Warrior Returns

George Freaking Miller!!!!

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Awesome! I love those movies, now I'm going to have to re-watch all them.

I wish he'd give Mel Gibson a cameo in the film. Guy is a true talent.
    The wisdom of Swordy:

On bringing the troops home
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    They are coming home, all the naysayers said they would never leave Syria and then they said they were going to stay in Iraq forever.

It won't take very long to get them home but it won't be overnight either but Iraq says they can't stay and they are coming home just like Trump said.

On fighting corruption:
    Trump had to donate the "right way" and hang out with the "right people" in order to do business in NYC and Hollyweird and in order to investigate and expose them.
    Fascism Defined

Quote Originally Posted by Todd View Post
    I wish he'd give Mel Gibson a cameo in the film. Guy is a true talent.
    Yep.
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

Freeze the trailer at 1:14. When the bandits are inscribing scar text on Max's back. Apparently, it's a crude 'file' on his genetic blueprint (blood type, temperament, etc.).
    Last edited by AuH20; 07-28-2014 at 06:08 PM.

Ummmm, no.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Ummmm, no.
    I dunno, I liked that it appears to be a new storyline instead of a remake. I'm fine excited about that. If it was a remake I'd be just about upset.

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    I dunno, I liked that it appears to be a new storyline instead of a remake. I'm fine excited about that. If it was a remake I'd be just about upset.
    Plus, it's George Miller, the original visionary of the trilogy. I don't think he's made a bad film in his life. Babe and Happy Feet were surprisingly good as well. BTW I think Hardy's gritty Aussie accent put some fears to rest.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Sigh. Re-make. Re-visit. Re-imagine.

Re-set.

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post

Re-set.
    Re-peat...

All I've got to say is, thank God somebody with some sense shot down the Jaws re-make.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Re-peat...

All I've got to say is, thank God somebody with some sense shot down the Jaws re-make.
    Why am I not surprised Jaws was brought up for a re-imagining. SMDH.

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post

Re-set.
    I blame the war on drugs for the complete lack of creativity....

Unfortunately, Hollywood is creatively and morally bankrupt.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

It is not the 4th chronologically, but it is a true sequel to the first Mad Max. He gets "Road Warrior" tattooed on his back. They had a hard time selling it back in the day, because studios weren't comfortable doing a series out of order.

Remaking a bad movie makes perfect sense, but it seldom gets done. It used to be more common; the Charles Laughton/Marlon Brando version of Mutiny on the Bounty was a remake. Remaking a good movie, on the other hand, is simply a way to make a fool of yourself.

A Lion in Winter was filmed in 1968 with Peter O'Toole and Katherine Hepburn. It was remade with Patrick Stewart and Glenn Close. Seriously?

I guess the Lifetime channel made a buck or two on it. But will it live in syndication and on disc/Netflix with the original around? I ain't holding my breath.
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    Mel Gibson is awesome, he is also aware of what is really going on in the world.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

Random Trivia from IMDB:

Australian showbiz legend Bert Newton was one of the first character actors cast by director George Miller when the movie was to be filmed in Broken Hill, NSW, the original location for Mad Max 2: The Road Warrior (1981) also known as The Road Warrior. Unfortunately rainfall had completely changed the desert landscape and years later the decision was made to move the production to Namibia. It was then, in mid 2012 that Bert Newton decided to drop out of the production, going on to appear as FDR in the Australian stage revival of "Annie".

The movie was almost filmed in 2003 on location in Namibia but the project was put on hold due to security concerns related to trying to film in Namibia, because the United States and many other countries had tightened travel and shipping restrictions. With the start of the Iraq War the film was abandoned until 2009.

Budget: $100,000,000 (estimated)

Filming Locations:
    Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
    Penrith, New South Wales, Australia
    Namib Desert, Namibia
    Cape Town Film Studios, Cape Town, Western Cape, South Africa (studio)
    Fox Studios, Moore Park, Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
    Swakopmund, Erongo, Namibia
    Potts Hill, Sydney, New South Wales, Australia

It was originally rumored that Mel Gibson would have a cameo role as a drifter.

Over 80% of the effects seen in the film are real practical effects, stunts, make-up and sets. CGI was used sparingly mainly to enhance the Namibian landscape, remove stunt rigging and for Charlize Theron's left hand which in the film is a prosthetic arm.
    Now I am seeing it is not a real sequel:
    It is a reboot. At the April 30th, 2014 test screening in Burbank, CA. Director George Miller told attendees that the reason for a reboot was that too much time had passed between the last Mad Max film to do a sequel or a film set between, along with doing such would mean a plague of continuity issues. George also commented that he didn't want to do a "remake" as he had no intention on retelling a story already told. A reboot allowed him to bring the universe and wasteland 30 years up to date while keeping Max as he moviegoers remember him, a man with nothing to lose after the loss of his family.

The original Road Warrior stands the test of time. I watched it again a few weeks back for the first time in 20 years and it's still a badass movie. A remake is uncalled for.

Love me some raggedy man.

I keep watching that trailer and I'm blown away by it.

I know some people are grumbling about remakes / reboots like Robocop, but at least in this case some of the original creators and production team is back. For example, I was fine with TRON: Legacy as they brought back Jeff Bridges and Bruce Boxleitner. That was a nice way to revisit an old franchise and maybe Mad Max is a little like that even if Mel isn't playing Max.
    Last edited by VIDEODROME; 04-01-2015 at 02:00 PM.

Remake, shmeemake, that looks like a fine entertaining movie.
    "The Patriarch"

It looks like the world was overrun by a rampaging concert.

Last edited by VIDEODROME; 04-01-2015 at 02:42 PM.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Toecutter, Humungus and Master-Blaster.
    Quote Originally Posted by BuddyRey View Post
    Do you think it's a coincidence that the most cherished standard of the Ron Paul campaign was a sign highlighting the word "love" inside the word "revolution"? A revolution not based on love is a revolution doomed to failure. So, at the risk of sounding corny, I just wanted to let you know that, wherever you stand on any of these hot-button issues, and even if we might have exchanged bitter words or harsh sentiments in the past, I love each and every one of you - no exceptions!

"When goods do not cross borders, soldiers will." Frederic Bastiat

Peace.

A New Legacy Trailer Incorporating All 4 Films.

I am unreasonably hyped for this movie.

Want to see...not happy with remakes,remastering, rescrewinguping of good movies...
    Today I decided to get banned and spam activism on this forum...

SUPPORT RANDPAULDIGITAL GRASSROOTS PROJECTS TODAY!

http://i.imgur.com/SORJlQ5.png

For more info. or to help spread the word, go to the promotion thread here.

Quote Originally Posted by orenbus View Post
    If I had to answer this question truthfully I'd probably piss a lot of people off lol, Barrex would be a better person to ask he doesn't seem to care lol.

Yeah, this can't come soon enough. I may drag my rear end out to a theater for this one.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast