Thread: I Love "Lucy"

I Love "Lucy"

Picked as the #1 summer movie choice, I saw "Lucy" yesterday at the movies. FWIW, I recommend it, if you enjoy that kind of stuff.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2872732/

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    0 Views 0 replies #1 at the top of "Marked as Read"

"Power tends to corrupt, and absolute power corrupts absolutely." -- Lord Acton

*SIGH* wrong Lucy. You got some 'splainin to do!
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Quote Originally Posted by donnay View Post
    *SIGH* wrong Lucy. You got some 'splainin to do!

Right "Lucy". You seem to be thinking of "I Love Lucy" and not I Love "Lucy".

Gotcha!

Quote Originally Posted by Working Poor View Post
    I saw it too but I was not impressed.
    That's why they make both chocolate and vanilla. To each their own.

I was kind of curious that with all of that power, apparently she couldn't fix that zit on her face.

The "10% of the brain" trope in the trailer killed my interest in this movie.

Add to that the typical Morgan Freeman voice-over, and I'm out.
    "You cannot solve these problems with war." - Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by mczerone View Post
    The "10% of the brain" trope in the trailer killed my interest in this movie.

Add to that the typical Morgan Freeman voice-over, and I'm out.
    The 10% was kind of a turnoff to me too. When explained as higher cognitive functioning, I was able to make peace with it. Plus I like both Scarlett and Morgan.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Box Office

Budget: $40,000,000 (estimated)

Opening Weekend: $44,025,000 (USA) (25 July 2014)

Gross: $44,025,000 (USA) (25 July 2014)
    I guess it'll make a buck or two.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronin Truth View Post
    Right "Lucy". You seem to be thinking of "I Love Lucy" and not I Love "Lucy".

Gotcha!
    This is the only Lucy worth watching.

“The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Quote Originally Posted by donnay View Post
    This is the only Lucy worth watching.

I'm a fan of both. <shrug>

I heard it sucks ass. Now I'm hearing it's good. I'm torn.

That's why they make both chocolate and vanilla. To each their own.
    Chocolate and vanilla are both delicious, I have no idea what you're talking about.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    Chocolate and vanilla are both delicious, I have no idea what you're talking about.
    Some folks prefer chocolate and some folks prefer vanilla. Different stokes for different folks. Does that clarify?

Quote Originally Posted by green73 View Post
    I heard it sucks ass. Now I'm hearing it's good. I'm torn.

Then wait till it's on cable and then decide.

Some folks prefer chocolate and some folks prefer vanilla. Different stokes for different folks. Does that clarify?
    What about strawberry? Why are you such a racist?

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I guess it'll make a buck or two.

I am very glad that I went on a free pass cause I would have been not just disappointed but pissed if I had paid full price.. The film was way too violent for my taste and I don't believe people only use 10% of their brain. Plus I think someone with "super brain" power could be a lot more creative and a lot less violent.
    Last edited by Working Poor; 07-28-2014 at 01:01 PM.

I am very glad that I went on a free pass cause I would have been not just disappointed but pissed if I had paid full price.. The film was way too violent for my taste and I don't believe people only use 10% of their brain. Plus I think someone with "super brain" power could be a lot more creative and a lot less violent.
    I'll watch it again at the dollor movie and on cable. She definitely had a vendetta and a new found attitude. As she said to the Paris cop in the police car, no one ever really dies. Your belief is not required. It's just a scifi movie. If you didn't care for it, OK. Whatever.
    Last edited by Ronin Truth; 07-28-2014 at 01:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by green73 View Post
    What about strawberry? Why are you such a racist?
    If I didn't like Tutti-Fruitti would I be a homophobic?

I
    f you didn't care for it, OK. Whatever.
    Without the violence it kind of reminds me of some of my LSD experiences the violence just ruined it for me. I just don't like the sight of blood I guess because I had a bleeding disorder and it reminds me of when I used to bleed profusely.

I

Without the violence it kind of reminds me of some of my LSD experiences the violence just ruined it for me. I just don't like the sight of blood I guess because I had a bleeding disorder and it reminds me of when I used to bleed profusely.
    Yeah, I understand how that sure could hamper your enjoyment of the movie. Flashbacks, eh? How about red dyed Caro syrup? No one died in the making of this movie. Hang in there, Moonbeam Flower Child.

Peace!
    Last edited by Ronin Truth; 07-28-2014 at 02:55 PM.