Thread: FL-Cop shoots loose family dog.

Exclamation FL-Cop shoots loose family dog.

Nothing much to see on this one, gate left open, dog gets loose, nosy neighbor calls cops, they show up and kill it.

Just another day in the Soyuz.

Pit bull dies after Village of Palm Springs police officer discharges handgun

http://www.wptv.com/news/region-c-pa...harges-handgun

PALM SPRINGS, Fla. -- Palm Springs Police are investigating one of their officers to determine if he was justified in shooting and killing a pit bull Saturday afternoon.

It happened outside of a home on Dale Rd.

Those that knew the dog, named Twelve Pack, and its owner say it did not have a reputation for being vicious, though police say an officer shot the dog for his own safety.

The owner says everyone who lives at the home had left the house to go to a wedding.

However, the owner says someone returned home last minute to grab something, and likely forgot to close and lock the gate.

Police say they were called by a neighbor for a suspicious incident, seeing an open door, open gate and loose dogs at the home.

In surveillance video, neighbors are seen standing in the front yard with the pit bull and two other dogs before police arrived.

"The neighbors, they all feed the dog. They all know him and he's been here for five years and he's never bitten anybody," said family friend, Bobby Schmaltz.

Surveillance video shows Twelve Pack and two other dogs run toward the officer when he walks near the driveway.

Police say Twelve Pack was growling, barking and showing his teeth, and that the officer tried to kick the dog away.

When the dog wouldn't retreat, police say the officer felt threatened and shot him.

"It was just shocking. It's something that you always hear about but you never think it's going to happen until it touches close to home," Schmaltz said.

"He was just a really loving pit bull…. It's basically like losing a friend."

Police are investigating the incident.

Five other dogs also live at the home, according to Schmaltz. The owner says she will be more careful in the future about making sure the gate is closed.
    Last edited by Anti Federalist; 07-28-2014 at 02:38 AM.
    Another mark of a tyrant is that he likes foreigners better than citizens, and lives with them and invites them to his table; for the one are enemies, but the Others enter into no rivalry with him. - Aristotle's Politics Book 5 Part 11

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Wow thats only like 5 mins from my house!!!

I notice shooting dogs get a lot of attention. Some years back, the police in Atlantis got a bad rap for shooting peacocks. That never really made news.
    Freedom Report

Twitter Page

"I am convinced that there are more threats to American liberty within the 10 mile radius of my office on Capitol Hill than there are on the rest of the globe." -- Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by Feelgood View Post
    Wow thats only like 5 mins from my house!!!

I notice shooting dogs get a lot of attention. Some years back, the police in Atlantis got a bad rap for shooting peacocks. That never really made news.
    What was the reason for shooting the peacocks ? Were they being a nuisance and busy-bodies were calling in on them? Though I guess for the police the reason ultimately comes down to "because we can, and it's fun!"

I've seen stories here and there that in some places that have a high deer population the police love to go out on the outskirts of the city and have some target practice on them (one specific place I remember was Kansas City). I guess when you're one of the King's men just another perk of the job is you're allowed to kill the King's deer without a hunting license, while they are out of season, with no bag limit, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by SeanTX View Post
    What was the reason for shooting the peacocks ? Were they being a nuisance and busy-bodies were calling in on them? Though I guess for the police the reason ultimately comes down to "because we can, and it's fun!"

I've seen stories here and there that in some places that have a high deer population the police love to go out on the outskirts of the city and have some target practice on them (one specific place I remember was Kansas City). I guess when you're one of the King's men just another perk of the job is you're allowed to kill the King's deer without a hunting license, while they are out of season, with no bag limit, etc.
    There shouldn't be any regulations on hunting but if there are there is no excuse for cops not being held to them as well.

This thread linked from Front Page, but article quoted is this: "The Typical Household, Now Worth a Third Less".

Booboo.
    1776 > 1984

The FAILURE of the United States Government to operate and maintain an
    Honest Money System , which frees the ordinary man from the clutches of the money manipulators, is the single largest contributing factor to the World's current Economic Crisis.

The Elimination of Privacy is the Architecture of Genocide

Belief, Money, and Violence are the three ways all people are controlled

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Our central bank is not privately owned.

Quote Originally Posted by DamianTV View Post
    This thread linked from Front Page, but article quoted is this: "The Typical Household, Now Worth a Third Less".

Booboo.
    Damn it...computer derf.

I had posted that article, from the NYT, and it was double post, so I edited this one, and the other one then disappeared.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Damn it...computer derf.

I had posted that article, from the NYT, and it was double post, so I edited this one, and the other one then disappeared.
    Sure it was AF. Sure it was. We all know that you were trying to get tobismom to read a dog killing story through subterfuge.

ETA - Good God, I better get my head out of my ass...this is the wrong story.

Holy smokes...FIRED!

I'm stunned.

Chief Fires Cop For Shooting Family's Dog

Monday, Jul 28, 2014 • Updated at 4:08 PM CDT

http://www.nbcchicago.com/news/local...#ixzz38o39XYwi

A police officer who shot a dog in front of a 6-year-old girl Friday afternoon in southwest suburban Hometown was terminated from the force Monday.

Police say dispatchers received a call from the owners that Apollo, their 16-month-old German Shepherd/pit bull mix, was loose. The officer said he found the dog and followed it back to its home when it "growled and approached him in a threatening manner," prompting him to pull out his gun and shoot the animal.
    Last edited by Anti Federalist; 07-28-2014 at 07:00 PM.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    If he appeals, the firing will most likely become a lengthy paid-vacay (re-hired with full back-pay). The chief probably helped assure that by stating that the dog shooting was most likely legal self-defense. At least it's something though ...

That po-lice-man probably had another job lined up anyway. Or, was probably out the door for other reasons. Other lice probably took the opportunity to makes themselves look good.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    ...I believe that when the government is capable of doing a thing, it will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Influenza View Post
    which one of yall fuckers wrote the "ron paul" racist news letters
    Quote Originally Posted by Dforkus View Post
    Zippy's posts are a great contribution.

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Holy smokes...FIRED!

I'm stunned.

Chief Fires Cop For Shooting Family's Dog

Monday, Jul 28, 2014 • Updated at 4:08 PM CDT

http://www.nbcchicago.com/news/local...#ixzz38o39XYwi

A police officer who shot a dog in front of a 6-year-old girl Friday afternoon in southwest suburban Hometown was terminated from the force Monday.

Police say dispatchers received a call from the owners that Apollo, their 16-month-old German Shepherd/pit bull mix, was loose. The officer said he found the dog and followed it back to its home when it "growled and approached him in a threatening manner," prompting him to pull out his gun and shoot the animal.
    The police department did not release the name of the fired officer.
    So how do we know anyone was really fired? How do we know if another department has hired him until this has blown over and he gets his job back w/ back pay?

Typical investigation:

Po Lice Chief: What happened?

Lice Officer: These rednecks left their dog out and it was going to attack me, so I killed it.

Lice Chief: OK, no problem. Thanks for your input and helping us conclude the investigation.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    ...I believe that when the government is capable of doing a thing, it will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Influenza View Post
    which one of yall fuckers wrote the "ron paul" racist news letters
    Quote Originally Posted by Dforkus View Post
    Zippy's posts are a great contribution.

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members

So what's with the police showing up on an animal problem instead of Animal Control? Looks to me like we can save some tax dollars and get rid of Animal Control if the cops are going to do it all.