Thread: CNN National Poll: Christie First (13), Rand and Huckabee Tied For Second (12)

CNN National Poll: Christie First (13), Rand and Huckabee Tied For Second (12)

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epo...tion-3823.html

Christie 13
    Paul 12
    Huckabee 12
    Perry 11
    Ryan 11
    Bush 8
    Cruz 8
    Rubio 6
    Walker 5
    Santorum 3

...not much statistically significant change from the last several polls, aside from a small bump for Perry (not surprising: despite his poor performance, his recent escapade revived his name recognition)
    Last edited by r3volution 3.0; 07-27-2014 at 11:14 AM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    The big question now is whether Huckabee and Cruz will run. I think they are probably the biggest sources of votes for Rand right now, with Perry second (who will definitely run). Paul could probably split Ryan voters with Christie to some extent.

At this point, it doesn't look to me like either Cruz or Huckabee is positioned to run: Cruz because he doesn't really have a platform to run on (he's too close to Rand on everything but FP, which he was planning to use as his contrast, but recent events have shattered that strategy IMO); Huckabee because he's just not doing much politicking of any kind. But that could change in a single news cycle...

I hope neither Cruz nor Huckabee choose to run. The conservatives Rand is vying for are too stupid to discern between one real small government guy and two snakes in the grass.

Quote Originally Posted by Shane Harris View Post
    I hope neither Cruz nor Huckabee choose to run. The conservatives Rand is vying for are too stupid to discern between one real small government guy and two snakes in the grass.
    Sad but true, which is why it's so important for Rand to reach out beyond the typical conservative - because it's inevitable that the establishment will try to split that vote (whether with Huck, Cruz, or someone else), that's how they've gotten every nomination since Reagan (1980).

Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

I believe Huckabee is running, for a number of reasons.
    One big one, I believe, THIS is the race HE wanted in 2008.
    He wanted it to be Huckabee vs. Clinton.
    Both from Arkansas (politically). And being able to put that into play.

The big question is why isn't Jeb Bush in this poll and Christie's numbers rising?

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard101 View Post
    The big question is why isn't Jeb Bush in this poll and Christie's numbers rising?
    He is in this poll, he is at 8%
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by r3volution 3.0 View Post
    Huckabee because he's just not doing much politicking of any kind. But that could change in a single news cycle...
    If my name was near the top of national presidential polls, I would run It's totally on my bucket list!

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard101 View Post
    I must be blind lol
    It is odd to see him tied for 6th place, but establishment voters bop around between candidates for no particular reason. Margin of error must be considered too. And regional preferences.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

perry at 11% really?? republicans, I am disappoint.
    The ultimate minority is the individual. Protect the individual from Democracy and you will protect all groups of individuals
    Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual. - Thomas Jefferson
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

- Bene Gesserit Litany Against Fear

Quote Originally Posted by Kotin View Post
    perry at 11% really?? republicans, I am disappoint.
    What in the Republican track records leads you to expect better of them?

Quote Originally Posted by Superfly View Post
    totally valid point.
    The ultimate minority is the individual. Protect the individual from Democracy and you will protect all groups of individuals
    Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual. - Thomas Jefferson
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

- Bene Gesserit Litany Against Fear

Something seems very off here. I have yet to meet a Republican that wants Christie to win the nomination. None. They must be polling Wall Street.
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

Sigh, I was hoping that Christie was done for. When will Republicans ever learn?

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

Quote Originally Posted by Traditional Conservative View Post
    Sigh, I was hoping that Christie was done for. When will Republicans ever learn?
    Never. They are as stupid as the day is long.

Quote Originally Posted by Traditional Conservative View Post
    Christie might be the best choice for a voter that simply wants more bills passed, which is how the main stream media evaluates the "productivity" of Congress. Courteous bipartisanship for more war, debt, and a kinder, gentler police state.

Quote Originally Posted by Superfly View Post
    ugh maybe not republicans if something must be but that history in the grand scheme of things is always moving forward?

Looks pretty darned close to a 3 way tie for first, to me.