Thread: IL-Family dog gets loose. Dog is brought home, cop shows up and kills it.

Exclamation IL-Family dog gets loose. Dog is brought home, cop shows up and kills it.

In front of the dog's owner and six year old girl.

$#@! $#@!ing you, that's why.

And yes, I realize that everybody is tired of reading the dead dog daily stories...hardly even raise an eyebrow around here anymore.

But I least want to continue to chronicle them...if anybody now or in the future decides to care.

Suburban Family Says Dog Fatally Shot by Police in Front of 6-Year-Old Girl

http://www.nbcchicago.com/news/local...268739511.html

Saturday, Jul 26, 2014 • Updated at 10:31 PM CDT

Family members and area residents say a young dog was fatally shot by police in front of a 6-year-old girl Friday afternoon in a Chicago suburb.

The dog’s owners say 1-year-old shepherd-mix Apollo had gotten out of their yard in the 8700 block of Beck Place in southwest suburban Hometown and the family had just returned him to their lawn when police arrived.

“We were in the lawn and the cop already had his gun out,” said owner Nicole Echlin. “I tried to call him in the house and he just stood there staring and I guess he showed his teeth and the cop just shot him, right in front of me and my 6-year-old daughter.”

Echlin said her young daughter “started screaming” after the shooting.

Hometown Police said the incident is under investigation but could not immediately confirm any details. They said further information would be available Monday.

(Policy was followed. Officer safety was ensured. Paid administrative leave. Blah blah blah, bull$#@! bull$#@! bull$#@! - AF)

Second City Animal Stories

"It would be too early for me to make any statement without reviewing all the facts," Chief Charles Forsyth said in a statement on the Hometown Police Department's Facebook page. "I can assure the people of Hometown that a full investigation of the incident will be conducted."

Witnesses said it didn’t appear that the dog was attacking officers or provoking them before the shooting.

“The dog wasn’t doing anything. I didn’t see it doing anything, it wasn’t barking,” said witness and area resident Nicco Torres. “Then I saw a cop shoot the dog, the dog fell to ground on the lawn. I saw through the window the dog was on the floor shot but the dog was still moving, it was moving its legs like it was trying to run but it was laying down.”

Family said the dog had no history of aggression and did not attempt to attack officers at the scene. They claim they were told by officers that the dog showed its teeth.

“I don’t know why they would pull out a gun they had so many other options,” said Echlin's 23-year-old sister and fellow owner Kristy Scialabba, who works at an animal care center in Chicago. “And to shoot a dog in front of a child that’s going to scare (sic) her for the rest of her life.”

(Scare or scar, that poor little girl learned a very valuable lesson for dealing with cops in a police state. Don't. - AF)

Scialabba, who set up a Facebook page titled “Justice for Apollo,” said Apollo was taken by Animal Control to an animal hospital for treatment, but died Saturday morning.

“We’re just completely broken and we really don’t know what to do,” she said. “That was my boy, that was my dog. This is Hometown you don’t hear anything like this. Nothing ever happens here.”

(Well now it does, just like all across the country. What are you prepared to do about it? - AF)
    “Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.” - Arnold Toynbee

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    And yes, I realize that everybody is tired of reading the dead dog daily stories...hardly even raise an eyebrow around here anymore.

I am not tired of the stories. I just don't know what to do about a dog getting killed every 98 seconds. Fairly easy to know what to do if it were my dog.

Colorado passed some dog protection act last year. I don't know much about it, but it authorizes some kind of training so that order enforcement recognizes dog behaviors. The law was passed in response to all the dog shootings that have become well-publicized.

Who knows if the new law will do any good. Perhaps one day one of these pieces of sub-human vermin will finally get his comeuppance when he runs afoul of the wrong person. Perhaps the awareness, law, or publicity of every 98 seconds would generate some type of positive outcome for the person performing the comeuppance. Maybe he doesn't get turned in because someone is sympathetic. Or, whatever scenario might come about.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    ...I believe that when the government is capable of doing a thing, it will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Influenza View Post
    which one of yall fuckers wrote the "ron paul" racist news letters
    Quote Originally Posted by Dforkus View Post
    Zippy's posts are a great contribution.

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members

This isnt the individual police officers fault; the blame should mostly go towards the training tactics of the PD. Im pretty sure all departments nowadays advise shooting dogs if there is even the slightest hint of hostility.

Quote Originally Posted by 56ktarget View Post
    This isnt the individual police officers fault; the blame should mostly go towards the training tactics of the PD. Im pretty sure all departments nowadays advise shooting dogs if there is even the slightest hint of hostility.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

In a way this is true -- departments advise and encourage it, so knuckle draggers who just get off on doing it will shoot every chance they get, knowing that there will be high fives back at the station, and tears for the owner.

Of course, it's ultimately the responsibility of the citizens for letting this happen and not enforcing some accountability. Can't blame a violent thug for being that way if he's just going to be allowed to get away with it.

I saw an LEO on a gun forum the other day who was bragging about how he has "sent many a dog off to doggy heaven." If he's for real (he probably is sadly) I would imagine that most of those were killed just because he could do so. Creeps are going to be creeps as long as they can get away with it.
    Last edited by SeanTX; 07-27-2014 at 06:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SeanTX View Post
    In a way this is true -- departments advise and encourage it, so knuckle draggers who just get off on doing it will shoot every chance they get, knowing that there will be high fives back at the station, and tears for the owner.

Of course, it's ultimately the responsibility of the citizens for letting this happen and not enforcing some accountability. Can't blame a violent thug for being that way if he's just going to be allowed to get away with it.

I saw an LEO on a gun forum the other day who was bragging about how he has "sent many a dog off to doggy heaven." If he's for real (he probably is sadly) I would imagine that most of those were killed just because he could do so. Creeps are going to be creeps as long as they can get away with it.
    meanwhile dog owners that abuse their dogs (not saying its right) go to trial
    A savage barbaric tribal society where thugs parade the streets and illegally assault and murder innocent civilians, yeah that is the alternative to having police. Oh wait, that is the police

We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home.
    - Edward R. Murrow

...I think we have moral obligations to disobey unjust laws, because non-cooperation with evil is as much as a moral obligation as cooperation with good. - MLK Jr.

How to trigger a liberal: "I didn't get vaccinated."

LibForestPaul

I know the title makes it out to be a dog shooting but it isn't.
    What would have happened to a mundane had done the same?
    Would you have discharged weapon in residential neighborhood?

Seems like the battlezones are already starting to take shape.

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCarolinaLiberty View Post
    I am not tired of the stories. I just don't know what to do about a dog getting killed every 98 seconds. Fairly easy to know what to do if it were my dog.

Colorado passed some dog protection act last year. I don't know much about it, but it authorizes some kind of training so that order enforcement recognizes dog behaviors. The law was passed in response to all the dog shootings that have become well-publicized.

Who knows if the new law will do any good. Perhaps one day one of these pieces of sub-human vermin will finally get his comeuppance when he runs afoul of the wrong person. Perhaps the awareness, law, or publicity of every 98 seconds would generate some type of positive outcome for the person performing the comeuppance. Maybe he doesn't get turned in because someone is sympathetic. Or, whatever scenario might come about.
    Fun fact: If a cop were shot every 98 seconds it would take roughly 2.5 years to be rid of all of them.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    If you were in the officer's position would you have shot the dog?

That's disgusting. I thought the dogs usually had to do something, like run around and bark so the officer had an excuse, but no, this dog was just sitting there and the officer shot it for absolutely no reason. That really is astounding.
    Last edited by PaulConventionWV; 07-27-2014 at 08:30 AM.
    I'm an adventurer, writer and bitcoin market analyst.

Buy my book for $11.49 (reduced):

Twitter: https://twitter.com/LeviGrandt

Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/grandtstori...homepage_panel

BTC: 1NiSc21Yrv6CRANhg1DTb1EUBVax1ZtqvG

these $#@!s think they're being attacked by Polar Bears...or a Mountain Lion....geezus eefin God Amighty...whadda bunch of pussy cowards, and no offense to pussy intended nor implied in this case...$#@!...

that poor little girl learned a very valuable lesson for dealing with cops in a police state. Don't. - AF
    This is the only positive thing for her to focus on whenever she wakes up in the middle
    of the night, screaming in terror or when she can't stop crying in the middle of the day.

IMO, this tragedy has changed this six year old girl,
    IDK in what way(s), but it will be remembered forever...
    Who'll pay for a lifetime of emotional counseling?

[insert "thank you police" picture here]

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCarolinaLiberty View Post

I'm not tired of them either- just too painful to respond to at times.

My dog "grins', so a show of a toothy grin would get her shot, according to the JBT in the OP.
    There is no spoon.

Quote Originally Posted by FindLiberty View Post
    This is the only positive thing for her to focus on whenever she wakes up in the middle
    of the night, screaming in terror or when she can't stop crying in the middle of the day.

IMO, this tragedy has changed this six year old girl,
    IDK in what way(s), but it will be remembered forever...
    Who'll pay for a lifetime of emotional counseling?

[insert "thank you police" picture here]
    And the thought of that hurts so $#@!ing bad I don't know what to think...

It's one thing when bad things and violence happen to good people at the hands of evil men.

But when it's random, pointless, state sanctioned, protected and with no real hope of redress or justice, violence, well, that is the stuff bloody revolutions are made of.

That's just a horrible, terrible tragedy, but at least the cop is ok, and at the end of the day, that's what really matters right
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Every 98 minutes....As others have stated, it is institutionalized in the PD's across the country....They shoot them...Because they can, and that's how they are trained.

Officer safety. Dog flashed teeth...Blam! That simple. Dog wags tail...BLAM! Because they can. When you train an idiot thug to shoot dogs....it's no surprise when idiot thugs shoot dogs at record pace of every 98 minutes.

Yet, just because idiot thugs with badges are trained to shoot dogs, doesn't mean they should get away with it. They do need to take some blame, they pulled the trigger. Until the PD or individuals bragging about sending dogs to heaven they are not held accountable, there will be no change.

I hope the puppycide documentary comes out soon. I'm hopeful that motivates people to demand justice.
    Last edited by Mani; 07-28-2014 at 02:13 AM. Reason: MINUTES! Not Seconds! Thx KC.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Who knew that getting loose and lost is a doggy capitol crime offense?

Damn it...originally posted this in the wrong thread.

Holy smokes...FIRED!

I'm stunned.

Chief Fires Cop For Shooting Family's Dog

Monday, Jul 28, 2014 • Updated at 4:08 PM CDT

http://www.nbcchicago.com/news/local...#ixzz38o39XYwi

A police officer who shot a dog in front of a 6-year-old girl Friday afternoon in southwest suburban Hometown was terminated from the force Monday.

Police say dispatchers received a call from the owners that Apollo, their 16-month-old German Shepherd/pit bull mix, was loose. The officer said he found the dog and followed it back to its home when it "growled and approached him in a threatening manner," prompting him to pull out his gun and shoot the animal.

Police say dispatchers received a call from the owners that Apollo, their 16-month-old German Shepherd/pit bull mix, was loose.
    I missed this earlier, these people actually called the police to report their dog was on the loose!

I think the police are the LAST people you want to call when your dog gets out.

Bizarre world we live in. In the neighborhood I grew up in (in St Paul) we had a big gentle dog named "Henry." Everyone knew him and loved him. He had a dog house at his owner's place and was not leashed. He spent his days wandering around the whole neighborhood. Very independent dog, just liked to wander around. You would find children's gloves, hats and mittens (and once I even found an oil can) in his dog house.

I hate to think of his fate these days...
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    Bizarre world we live in. In the neighborhood I grew up in (in St Paul) we had a big gentle dog named "Henry." Everyone knew him and loved him. He had a dog house at his owner's place and was not leashed. He spent his days wandering around the whole neighborhood. Very independent dog, just liked to wander around. You would find children's gloves, hats and mittens (and once I even found an oil can) in his dog house.

I hate to think of his fate these days...
    That is similar to the country I recall from my childhood.

It is gone now...and no, it's not just middle age nostalagia talking.

This nation has radically and fundamentally changed from what it once was.

In most ways, not for the better.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Damn it...originally posted this in the wrong thread.

Holy smokes...FIRED!

I'm stunned.

Chief Fires Cop For Shooting Family's Dog

Monday, Jul 28, 2014 • Updated at 4:08 PM CDT

http://www.nbcchicago.com/news/local...#ixzz38o39XYwi

A police officer who shot a dog in front of a 6-year-old girl Friday afternoon in southwest suburban Hometown was terminated from the force Monday.

Police say dispatchers received a call from the owners that Apollo, their 16-month-old German Shepherd/pit bull mix, was loose. The officer said he found the dog and followed it back to its home when it "growled and approached him in a threatening manner," prompting him to pull out his gun and shoot the animal.
    First time in months a dog story has shocked me. FIRED!?!?! I'm having a hard time believing it. Wow. there's a tiny thread of justice still left in this country???

For them to care they'll have to be dragged into it despite their wishes.
    “One may come to the aid of another being unlawfully arrested, just as he may where one is being assaulted, molested, raped or kidnapped. Thus it is not an offense to liberate one from the unlawful custody of an officer, even though he may have submitted to such custody, without resistance.” (Adams v. State, 121 Ga. 16, 48 S.E. 910).