Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: "Policing America: Security Vs. Liberty" - Fox News special w/ John Stossel (Tube)

"Policing America: Security Vs. Liberty" - Fox News special w/ John Stossel (Tube)

update:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ctqNOGmHZY

--

this aired first on Saturday night at 10 pm but it re-airs again 3 times on Sunday I'm pretty sure, unless some of those times in the title are his regular Fox Business show. looks pretty interesting.

The Police State

Posted by John Stossel | July 25, 2014

POLICING AMERICA: SECURITY VS. LIBERTY

(SATURDAY AND SUNDAY AT 10PM ET ON FNC)

Where's the line between security and liberty? American police are now armed like the military; they use their power more often and forcefully than ever before. The state has new and expanding powers to spy on almost everything you do.

THE WARRIOR COP: SWAT teams were once called out only in emergencies. Now there are almost 100 raids a day. The weapons and tactics they use come straight from the military. Sometimes innocent people are killed. Why use so much force so often? What would you do if armed men in masks broke down your door in the middle of the night?

CONSTITUTION-FREE ZONES: Lots of Americans are getting upset about being detained by armed border patrol agents not on the border but miles away from the border. Some push back, sometimes with violent results.

MANDATORY MINIMUMS: Do mandatory minimum sentences work? Prosecutors like them because they give them more power when they plea bargain with suspects. But judges often object, and sometimes people serve long sentences for trivial crimes. Or no crime.

NSA SPYING: New revelations surface almost daily on ways the Feds spy on Americans. Does this make us safer? Or invade our privacy in destructive ways?

I SPY: Government spying is one thing. Now new, cheaper, "personal" drones make it easy for anyone to spy on anyone. Some say: "I've got nothing to hide. Why should I care?" But then why do you have drapes? Stossel goes to Florida to test the spying power of personal drones.

LEGALIZE WEED: Washington State and Colorado just legalized marijuana for recreational use. Could this be the start of America's trillion dollar drug-war coming to an end? Former advisor to the president Kevin Sabet says: "Colorado will show why legalizing marijuana is a mistake."

Saturday and Sunday at 10PM on Fox News Channel
    http://www.foxbusiness.com/on-air/st...5/police-state

--

Last edited by Brian4Liberty; 07-29-2017 at 11:36 AM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    looks like Radley Bako will be on

and Rand Paul

starts in 20 minutes (I think).
    Last edited by jct74; 07-26-2014 at 11:03 PM.

Thanks for the heads up, but as I tune in (12:57) it's just ending here. have to catch it on another re-run.

-t

Quote Originally Posted by tangent4ronpaul View Post
    Thanks for the heads up, but as I tune in (12:57) it's just ending here. have to catch it on another re-run.

-t
    that's strange. I though it aired at the same time across the country. I got the airtimes from the Fox News website:
    http://www.foxnews.com/fnctv/index.html

for me it is airing right now but I am going to watch it tomorrow night maybe. someone might upload it to youtube as well.

Just checked the schedule and it doesn't air again here till 9pm. Set it up to DVR. looks like a good episode.

-t

bump for 5 am ET airing

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I haven't watched it yet, but let me take a guess:

FOX News mentality: "When SWAT and Bearcats and mandatory minimums were only used on (black) inner city crack dealers, that didn't bother us so much, but now they're used on (white) suburban pot dealers, and that's terrible."
    Last edited by TheCount; 07-27-2014 at 04:16 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Pinochet is the model
    Liberty preserving authoritarianism.
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    I haven't watched it yet, but let me take a guess:

When SWAT and Bearcats and mandatory minimums were only used on (black) inner city crack dealers, that didn't bother us so much, but now they're used on (white) suburban pot dealers, and that's terrible.
    Oh, blow it out your ass, I've been raising hell about this $#@! for over twenty years now, when it was Rodney King getting beat half to death and multi racial victms being incinerated at Waco.

“The easiest way to gain control of a population is to carry out acts of terror. [The public] will clamor for such laws if their personal security is threatened”.
    - Josef Stalin

Former advisor to the president Kevin Sabet says: "Colorado will show why legalizing marijuana is a mistake."

All modern revolutions have ended in a reinforcement of the power of the State.
    -Albert Camus

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Oh, blow it out your ass, I've been raising hell about this $#@! for over twenty years now, when it was Rodney King getting beat half to death and multi racial victms being incinerated at Waco.
    You, yes. People like us, yes. Fox News, definitely not. They're only pissed now that people 'like them' are on the receiving end.

My apologies if it sounded like I was talking bad about people in this thread. My dickishness was purely meant for the likes of Fox News.
    Pinochet is the model
    Liberty preserving authoritarianism.
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

bump. might be starting at 9 ET in some areas, like tangent said.

Rand Paul vs. Peter King debate?

wow, this is really good!!

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by jct74 View Post
    Rand Paul vs. Peter King debate?

So, did this actually happen?

best thing I have seen on Fox News maybe ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    So, did this actually happen?
    not yet, but King was defending border patrol stopping people 100 miles from the border, where 2/3 of Americans live.
    Last edited by jct74; 07-27-2014 at 08:34 PM.

You mean there is actually a good liberty show for Johnny Punchclock? What happened--did they shut down cable TV and the pizza delivery joint?
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    ...I believe that when the government is capable of doing a thing, it will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Influenza View Post
    which one of yall fuckers wrote the "ron paul" racist news letters
    Quote Originally Posted by Dforkus View Post
    Zippy's posts are a great contribution.

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members

Quote Originally Posted by jct74 View Post
    not yet, but King was defending border patrol stopping people 100 miles from the border, where 2/3 of Americans live.
    Of course he did...he's a true believer in Homeland Fascism.

The War on Drugs.

The War on DWI.

SWAT teams rading your house at 3 am.

2,000,000 + people in US prisons and jails.

None of this totalitarian $#@! is legal under the Constitution.

Repeal. Repeal. And repeal some more.

Quote Originally Posted by DFF View Post
    The War on Drugs.

The War on DWI.

~1.5 million arrested annually. (just for DWI)
    “The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, but he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them.” --George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    In terms of a full spectrum candidate, Rand is leaps and bounds above Trump. I'm not disputing that.
    Who else in public life has called for a pre-emptive strike on North Korea?--Donald Trump

here's the tube. the first 2 segments about police militarization/SWAT and border patrol checkpoints are especially worth watching, the rest is good too. glad someone uploaded this to youtube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GXoj4Kjk7JM

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    That was excellent.

The discussion of Mandatory min. sentences, legalization of Pot. Border Patrol. All excellent topics! And King looked like an Idiot, but they didn't intentionally make him look bad, he just did.

Quote Originally Posted by DFF View Post
    The War on Drugs.

The War on DWI.

It's perfectly Constitutional. Read article I (for just one example) to see the ridiculous amount of legal power the regime gave itself.
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

Here is the Border Patrol video segment.

Funny that the video got removed. Stossel was replying to a comment on Facebook and mentioned that someone wuold probably upload it on Youtube. I guess he personally doesn't care.

Rand has his segment on his channel.

Watched it. It was good.

That is all.
    There are only two things we should fight for. One is the defense of our homes and the other is the Bill of Rights. War for any other reason is simply a racket.
    -Major General Smedley Butler, USMC,
    Two-Time Congressional Medal of Honor Winner
    Author of, War is a Racket!

It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours.
    - Diogenes of Sinope

All the tubes have been pulled.

$#@! youtube.

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

Awareness is the Root of Liberation Revolution is Action upon Revelation

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo.

...the familiar ritual of institutional self-absolution...
    ...for protecting them, by mock trial, from punishment...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast